It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is a heartbreaking thing to happen.. I truly hope that the families and friends affected will be able to move on with their lives whilst still cherishing the happy times..

However, this is how I feel.. I mean no disregard or offence to anyone.

Another thing.. This horrendous incident seems to have strangely similar connections and links to the Aurora shooting..

May the little peoples and big peoples souls rest easy & happy...)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CCKP72
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

I don't know. This sounds fishy. Of course, it would be wonderful if this happened, but I am just not buying it. It doesn't mesh with the story about how it all went down, how methodical he was in shooting. However, it's hard to believe that the shooting went as they are saying in the msm it did anyway. I also find it very strange this is coming out now. I don't know, I just don't know.

This whole event is so very strange, complicated by the misinformation/changing details. I suspect, as others have pointed out, someone is orchestrating this whole thing to be full of red herrings to intentionally cause confusion.
edit on 17-12-2012 by CCKP72 because: spelling error

edit on 17-12-2012 by CCKP72 because: same

I had an opportunity today to watch some coverage at work. They didn't mention a word of this story.

However, that is not to say that CNN wasn't chockablock with unbelievable stories.
One was a first grade teacher who continued to read to her class the whole time this was going on.
Then she told them, "you know how we had our big adventure about a month ago and we walked to the Fire Dept"? Well when they come and tell us, we are going to do that again.

Then she claimed they told the kids to close their eyes and walk out past the dead principal. As if there were
not supposedly the dead body of the counselor Mary Sherach there also? No mention of her.
Or walking past the classroom.

Has anyone ever heard who was the teacher in the room where all the kids were killed?

I suspect it is alleged to be Anne Marie Murphy just because she has the worst looking blurry pic of all the teachers shown.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Alright, regarding the business of all the false reports....does anyone have video of the police, or anyone in authority (meaning not the media or witnesses) making contradictory statements? I ask, because of some information I just heard.

I have a family member who lives in a neighborhood where, some time back, a man held his wife hostage at gunpoint. She said that she heard a LOT of stories being told, by supposed witnesses, that were flat out lies. They claimed he fired on the police, but he never fired a single shot. They claimed he killed the wife and children, and they didn't even have children (plus, didn't fire a shot...). They claimed that the entire neighborhood was evacuated, when only the surrounding homes were. So, in that case, there were people (multiple people) claiming things to the media that were flat out wrong, and the media reported them as though they were factual.

So, how much of what we have heard in this case, (and the others) was from supposed witnesses, or the media, as opposed to the authorities?

I am posting this same comment in my thread as well, since it's relevant to all of the cases.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame
Two Adult Survivors of Connecticut School Shooting Will Be Key Witnesses

Two adult survivors who were shot and injured in the Newtown, Conn., school massacre will be integral parts of the investigation into the deadly rampage, police said today. "Investigators will, in fact, speak with them when it's medically appropriate and they will shed a great deal of light on the facts and circumstances of this tragic investigation," Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said at a news conference today.

Well, I guess. How long is it medically appropriate to speak if you were shot in the foot?

Meanwhile, there is no hue and cry to hear from the father of Adam. It's sketching out this and that about Adam and the Mom from who knows who and here the Dad is allowed to maintain this whole case at arms length.
Even Ryan has disappeared into the shadows.
The media wrings their hands and acts like they just can't find "anybody" who can shed any light on these two dead people.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CCKP72

I agree in the moment-- I remember laughing and crying at my mom's funeral. But we are speaking of outsider professionals with time to prepare. I'm just saying that it seems very unprofessional, is all. I really don't remember seeing laughter presented by professionals in any of the other mass shootings, and noticed it twice here. That's all.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thats a good question. And could account for all the slight changes in the stories. But those wanthing this to be a conspiracy need the changes in stories, so they'll go with it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiglenDyn
I've been following this thread pretty closely but maybe I missed something.
I thought there was only one injured survivor, the woman who was shot in the foot.
Can anyone tell me who the second one was?

The media and LE reserves the right to completely change the story at any time for any reason.
Or so it seems.
I know I have read several times that three people were transported. An adult who was injured and two children who died.
I can just imagine the spin this person will give to the story when they do get around to speaking.
It will be a real rug-sweeping event, no doubt.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by stormy46237

not sure when or where all this mental illness talk originated, but in the latest briefing (mentioned previously) it was stated more than once than NO evidence of mental illness has been found or indicated at this time

In a CNN report I heard today, it went on to detail that Adam was very smart and was accepted to early entrance at College. Western Connecticut University, I think in 2007 when he was 17 years old. He dropped out according to the report in 2009. Great going CNN.
That would make him 22-23 years old.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame
Two Adult Survivors of Connecticut School Shooting Will Be Key Witnesses

Two adult survivors who were shot and injured in the Newtown, Conn., school massacre will be integral parts of the investigation into the deadly rampage, police said today. "Investigators will, in fact, speak with them when it's medically appropriate and they will shed a great deal of light on the facts and circumstances of this tragic investigation," Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said at a news conference today.

Well, I guess. How long is it medically appropriate to speak if you were shot in the foot?

Meanwhile, there is no hue and cry to hear from the father of Adam. It's sketching out this and that about Adam and the Mom from who knows who and here the Dad is allowed to maintain this whole case at arms length.
Even Ryan has disappeared into the shadows.
The media wrings their hands and acts like they just can't find "anybody" who can shed any light on these two dead people.

The CBS evening news had two witnesses on the air, including the one that was shot in the foot. So, doesn't look like those two are being sheltered or anything. As for his father and brother, i can't imagine I would want to talk to reporters in their place, either. They lost the mother, and him, two family members, under horrific circumstances, and have to live with what he's reported to have done.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

There is no proof both parents were going to testify on LIBOR, infact, the only things I can find on this are forum posts.

I'd with hold comment on it until you can prove it.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit to add,

Holmes father testifying was the only thing at the time i could substantiate,
and apparently, lanzars father is the VP of TAX for GE. That to me is a stand out position.
But,
If you wanted to force someone to keep their mouth shut you wouldnt turn their son into a mass murdering maniac, because once all is said and done and he's in a body bag.. you have nothing to lose, and you'd probably testify 100%!

but both testifying for LIBOR? no proof yet.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

This is a heartbreaking thing to happen.. I truly hope that the families and friends affected will be able to move on with their lives whilst still cherishing the happy times..

However, this is how I feel.. I mean no disregard or offence to anyone.

Another thing.. This horrendous incident seems to have strangely similar connections and links to the Aurora shooting..

May the little peoples and big peoples souls rest easy & happy...)

Has anyone tried to put together a similarity list between ALL of these bizarre shootings, it's like some Dr. Strangelove is planning and orchestrating these devilish and extravagant shows of violence from behind a curtain somewhere (or maybe a bunker..hmmm),

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Steffenfield

People are strange, some are stranger than others. Every time theres a serial killer on the loose, the police get calls and letters from people claiming to be the killer. Every time there is a major event, someone will try to gain attention from it. Hell, there are even people who will set a fire, just so they can rescue people from its flames!

Is it really so strange when you bear those things in mind, that someone might have called in to spin someone a line?

You got one of two choices. Either a teacher who was there called it in for funsies in the middle of what allegedly transpired at the school. Or someone in LE called it in just to be spinning.

Which are you going to lean towards?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by fluff007

There is no proof both parents were going to testigy on LIBOR, infact, the only things I can find on this are forum posts.

I'd with hold comment on it until you can prove it.

Yes. I am certain this was debunked in the Holmes case already.

This muddys the waters as well. Until there some validation this further confuses and discredits. If there IS something to this (a conspiracy) we do ourselves no favors spreading disinfo which "makes it look more plausible"

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
Has anyone tried to put together a similarity list between ALL of these bizarre shootings, it's like some Dr. Strangelove is planning and orchestrating these devilish and extravagant shows of violence from behind a curtain somewhere (or maybe a bunker..hmmm),

Yes, I have a thread of that, in my signature. Trying to get all the facts on ALL the cases in one place, so we can compare, see what is media stupidity vs actual official contradictions, and so forth. it would be a lot simpler to look at it all together, sort out who said what, and compare notes in one place.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steffenfield
Okay, now this story got pulled as well from the Examiner.

connecticut-school-shooting-monsignor-r obert-weiss-laughs-phone-interview

This is most, but not all of what that page used to say.

Then, during the interview, something strange occurred as Monsignor Weiss began to laugh and giggle on the phone while discussing this grave situation. He was asked how things happened at his school.

“Monsignor Weiss: "We were located...we were notified through the alarm system that's in our town through the school system,"

Monsignor Weiss began. "Our children were actually at mass so we kept them in church for quite a while and then sent them over to our hall where they are still in one group.

So now...we are just awaiting...word from the officials on what we should do from here. I'm more concerned about the...the...

(laughter)"

MSNBC: "Monsignor..."

Monsignor Weiss: "(laughter)"

MSNBC: "Monsignor...?"

Monsignor Weiss: "...(laughter)...more concerned about the parents waiting to find out what happened to their children (stifling laughter)."

Thanks for salvaging this story. Boy, if I had a dollar for every person I have seen giggling and smiling and acting
anything but as if a horror has just unfolded. And others.
Diane Feinstein
Brooke Baldwin (CNN)
dozens of unknown people who put their 2cents in on the tv news
Medical Examiner whats-his-name...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Agree on the reaction of laughter at shocking moments. However, in this particular situation, I honestly don't see how that is a reasonable reaction. Just my 2 cents.

And also, by the time he gave this interview in comparision to when it happened, surely the intial shock would have subsided.
edit on 17-12-2012 by CCKP72 because: more

The whole audience was chuckling when Obama went to the memorial at the high school too, which really
made me uncomfortable and wonder who were the people invited to attend that also.

Whether this story is just like they say at any given moment (subject to change), or if the whole sickening thing
is some sort of part staged psy-op part blackmail scheme, it is no laughing matter.
I agree, it is shocking.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The only thing I have found linking either father to LIBOR is sorcha fail. They might be right, but they have been caught hoaxing way too many times to be taken serious IMO. They ran their credibility into the ground.
edit on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:03:17 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Yes, I have a thread of that, in my signature. Trying to get all the facts on ALL the cases in one place, so we can compare, see what is media stupidity vs actual official contradictions, and so forth. it would be a lot simpler to look at it all together, sort out who said what, and compare notes in one place.

I find it odd many of the alleged killers all seemed to go to great lengths to try and HIDE their faces (idenities?), using masks etc., it appears they had no thought of trying to get away, why the need and worry if people knew who they were? I thought that was the whole idea.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I have compiled my own list, which might be of interest:

signofthetimes.yuku.com...

---------------

BTW, the statements made by the school nurse is another example of the strange way the story has evolved:

Was:

www.telegraph.co.uk...
15.00 (10.00) USA Today said they had interviewed a very traumatized school nurse from Sandy Hook, who described how the gunman walked into her office and looked her straight in the eye. She then was said to have ducked under the desk before he then inexplicably turned around and walked out.
She also said she knew the suspect's mother, Nancy, describing her as an "absolutely loving, caring kindergarten teacher."

see video
www.wkyc.com...

Now:

www.nypost.com...
(School nurse Sarah)Cox held her breath when she heard someone open her office door. Through the openings of the desk, she saw a pair of legs from the knees down wearing dark clothing and boots. “I could see by the position of the feet that they were facing my desk,” Cox said, describing her brush with Lanza... Cox said he was no more than 20 feet away from her. “The person was there just a few seconds,” Cox said. ... “He turned around and walked out....”
When she learned Lanza’s identity, she could not recall him being a student at the school.

edit on 17-12-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Agree on the reaction of laughter at shocking moments. However, in this particular situation, I honestly don't see how that is a reasonable reaction. Just my 2 cents.

And also, by the time he gave this interview in comparision to when it happened, surely the intial shock would have subsided.
edit on 17-12-2012 by CCKP72 because: more

The whole audience was chuckling when Obama went to the memorial at the high school too, which really
made me uncomfortable and wonder who were the people invited to attend that also.

Whether this story is just like they say at any given moment (subject to change), or if the whole sickening thing
is some sort of part staged psy-op part blackmail scheme, it is no laughing matter.
I agree, it is shocking.

Do you have a video link for that? All I saw was a clip of him making veiled comments about gun control, and reading off names.

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join