It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Two Adult Survivors of Connecticut School Shooting Will Be Key Witnesses

Two adult survivors who were shot and injured in the Newtown, Conn., school massacre will be integral parts of the investigation into the deadly rampage, police said today. "Investigators will, in fact, speak with them when it's medically appropriate and they will shed a great deal of light on the facts and circumstances of this tragic investigation," Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said at a news conference today.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by NavyDoc

You should be allowed to carry a fire arm. But it should be limited to what kind you can have. Hell look at the thread that was posted a few days before this attack took place. Some one posted a question to the ATF about why they can't have depleted uranium rounds or armor piercing rounds and ATS was going crazy with why not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People are getting scary with what they want when it comes to fire arms. And TV does no service when a ATF agent who owns Red Jacket Fire Arms goes on TV and builds suppressors blows things up all over and acts like every body should be able to do that. Hell it is funny that near by him that 6 million pounds of explosives were found stored improperly. And the owners of that company Explo Systems Inc still has not came back to this country yet.

How does a supressor blow things up? See? One of the problems with the national discussion on this issue, is that so many people have a flawed and/or incomplete understanding of the subject matter. This enables the politicians to throw out evil sounding terms and people buy their premise because they do no know enough to see that they are full of nonsense. Lack of education makes informed decision making quite difficult.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I could be wrong , but the person to whom you replied appears to have missed a comma. There should have been one between the words "suppressors" and "blows things up", which would have changed the timing and context of what they were saying.

In short, the poster was not suggesting that having a suppressor blows things up. They were exhibiting poor communication skills though.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Attack some one over a comma. Are you feeling threatened by some one who points out the jack ass mentality that has taken over. I say people should be allowed to have guns. But there should be a limit on what kind they have. And you attack over a comma. That means you probably want people to step it up to rpg now since assault weapons are being used by criminals. How about schools put in gun turrets. What a joke.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've been following this thread pretty closely but maybe I missed something.
I thought there was only one injured survivor, the woman who was shot in the foot.
Can anyone tell me who the second one was?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I couldn't get the streaming to work on my machine. Was there any mention of the 2nd gunman specifically or was it more ambiguity?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CCKP72

There were plenty of reports, and video from CNN of a *person* being cuffed as they were brought out of the woods near the school. Notice I didn't say second gunman. Yes, the man they arrested, and who was stating on camera, I didn't do anything, was dressed in camo.

I don't think he was involved. If anything, the worst case scenario, he was a pedo, getting his ya ya's, hanging outside an elementary school. That is what came to my mind at least. It's a common scenario...little kids, being watched from a short distance away.

jmoho....Des

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CCKP72
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I couldn't get the streaming to work on my machine. Was there any mention of the 2nd gunman specifically or was it more ambiguity?
I google-searched 'ABC two shooters at school'

I got a hit, low and behold it was from a story they did three days ago.

Click on the link.... It has been updated! Updated as in 'SCRUBBED' of any mention of two shooters.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiglenDyn
I've been following this thread pretty closely but maybe I missed something.
I thought there was only one injured survivor, the woman who was shot in the foot.
Can anyone tell me who the second one was?
I don't know who it is.
But we do have another installment of 'the ever-changing story'.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I thought there was supposed to be 'new' information today re: 2nd gunman.

Silly of me to think that!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CCKP72
Thanks for the replies. I thought there was supposed to be 'new' information today re: 2nd gunman.

Silly of me to think that!
I did not watch the presser at the link that lucidity posted from ABC, maybe I should have, but I looked at the headlines, and didn't see anything matching. I did see a headline about two survivors. So I googled to be sure, and the only real hit I got was the three day old one that I mentioned above.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

i wonder, are you even aware that in a survey done in 2000, produced this result ?

gunowners.org...
* A Research 2000 poll found that 85% of Americans would find it appropriate for a principal or teacher to use "a gun at school to defend the lives of students" to stop a school massacre.
if only the government actually supported the voice of the majority instead of the minority

you know, the democratic solution

did it ever occur to you that if one of the 6 adults shot had been armed, perhaps ALL of the children would be alive today ?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Earlier in this thread there was mention of a 6 year old girl who played dead and thus, survived. I have seen no mention of this anywhere else though, but perhaps this is the 2nd one you are referring to.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CCKP72

at first, i thought similar until he emphasized 2 Adults, so i don't think the 6yr old was included.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

It's the local paper. They would have been pretty familiar with her voice if not her face, so how did she give
this interview.

I do seem to recall that she was one of the 3 in some reports but in this one, she's the one who is telling
the story.
It is very curious.

Yeah, you would think such a small paper would be sure who they were talking to, especially on such an important story! Well, I took a screenshot of that page, in case it vanishes, as "unwanted" news has a way of doing these days!

The worst part of this is that it really is looking more and more like someone set this whole thing up, and I don't mean some poor kid with Asperger's, either. As though that was some mental illness that makes people violent. It is NOT anything like that. It's simply a very mild form of autism, and makes people communicate less, and what not. I have a grandson with Asperger's, and he's a really sweet kid. Those kids are not "emotionally disturbed', and I am appalled at how the media is starting to address that issue. I think he was yet another fall guy, for someone else. There are some really sick people out there that seem to think human lives aren't worth anything. Well, their day will come. God hears. God sees. He doesn't forget, either.

Hiya LadyGreenEyes.

I'm glad you took a screenshot of that story as it seems to now have completely disappeared.

Page that is no longer there anymore.
Shooting Reported Sandy Hook Elementary School
edit on 17-12-2012 by Steffenfield because: Added dead link.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
after reading about gun laws in Vermont, Connecticut's neighbor, i began to wonder ... why don't they have gun crime like other regions/states or massacres ?
honestly, aside from a lack of ownership coupled with gun-free zones in CT, i cannot find any other answer.

gunowners.org...
* Vermont: one of the safest five states in the country. In Vermont, [color=amber]citizens can carry a firearm without getting permission . . . without paying a fee . . . or without going through any kind of government-imposed waiting period. And yet for ten years in a row, Vermont has remained one of the top-five, safest states in the union—having three times received the "Safest State Award."

edit on 17-12-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Correct. They did say the rifle was found in the back of the car but now saying the shots came from the rifle. So he has two rifles now?

That is what they are saying now..... I find it VERY strange, that they stated so clearly that he was found with two handguns, and a rifle was found in the car, and now they are claiming he had another rifle (because that's what the shots came from), and maybe more handguns!

No, they are saying there were two handguns and the rifle with the shooter and a shotgun in the car.

That's what they say NOW. That isn't what they said initially. Initially, they stated that he had two handguns, and didn't say any other guns were with him, and also that they found a rifle in the car. Now, since the medical examiner stated the killing shots all came from a rifle, they are stating that he had a rifle with him, and maybe even four handguns, instead of two. How would the police mistake three-five guns for two?

The gun count changed because the details changed. I guess the poor man doing those exams didn't realize he was supposed to claim that all the shots were from hand guns.

There was a lot of speculation by the media (never a good thing), but the police and city officials made a point to NOT officially release exactly what was used until WELL after the fact. Any information that came out saying "only 2 handguns on him" was complete speculation by the media.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Steffenfield

it's a broken link ... comes up blank with "Story not found" notice

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You quote a poll done by some one who is still paying fines for doing fake polls.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

WASHINGTON -- The polling firm accused of fabricating survey data published by the progressive website Daily Kos has agreed to settle the lawsuit filed last year by site founder Markos Moulitsas. Although details of the agreement have not been disclosed, court records indicate that case remains active: Research 2000 pollster Del Ali has only recently started making the cash payments required by the agreement. The suit, which Moulitsas filed in June 2010, seemed poised to rock the polling world.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

As the allegations that polling firm Research 2000 produced bogus or flawed data continue to rock the political world, it’s worth taking a moment to look at the somewhat unorthodox background of the man behind R2K, Del Ali.

“I consider myself a political scientist,” Ali told TPMmuckraker in an interview today. “If you want to call me a statistical wiz, I am not.”

Ali’s academic history is primarily in recreation. He graduated from the University of Maryland with a BS in Recreation (Public Health) in 1983, according to a university spokesman. Records show he also got an MA in Recreation from Maryland in 1991.

He is a Recreation major.

edit on 17-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

it's a broken link ... comes up blank with "Story not found" notice

Yeah. Exactly.

I took a screenshot of it too before it got pulled.

new topics

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join