It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Originally posted by timesacomin
anyways, about the gun in the car.

like i said earlier it appears to be a bolt action rifle also known as a "long gun"

i have never heard of an AR-15 being called a "long gun"

didn't the medical examiner say they were killed with a "long gun"

ok, so does that mean there was no AR-15 involved, if the gun in the car was a "long gun" and the weapon he used in side the school was a "long gun" too?

i might say maybe the terminology is just relaxed, but i wouldnt think a medical examiner would be relaxed on terminology.

No medical examener said "rifle" (if I remember right)
A long gun and an "assault rifle" would use the same ammunition and there would be no way to tell from the wounds since the caliber would/could be identical.

A "Long Gun" has a "built in chamber" and does not rely on a clip. Although you are right, the weapon in the trunk was a Long gun.

pertaining to the weapon in the truck being a "long gun" you mean bolt action rifle. correct?

i just edited my post after i googled a bit. like i have said, ive been around them my whole life, never heard them called that and never called them that. in fact, ive heard them called hand guns more than i have long guns. due to the grip.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29
Flight/Flee Autistic?

He recalled meeting with school guidance counselors, administrators and with the boy's mother, Nancy Lanza, to understand his problems and find ways to ensure his safety. But there were other crises only a mother could solve. "He would have an episode, and she'd have to return or come to the high school and deal with it," Novia said, describing how the young man would sometimes withdraw completely "from whatever he was supposed to be doing," whether it was sitting in class or reading a book. Adam Lanza "could take flight, which I think was the big issue, and it wasn't a rebellious or defiant thing," Novia said. "It was withdrawal."

My daughter had the VERY same issues and is also a flight/flee autistic. This is looking more and more like he was autistic/aspergers and not just run of the mill shooter. I can recall numerous times where I'd be called almost 20 minutes after school started to come pick up my daughter because she tried to run away again. Or because she threw a crayon in class and was being disrupted. Schools are NOT equipped to deal with autistic kids and YET school board insist on mainstreaming them into regular schools but special classes. I'm going to say this once here and once only. Every district needs to have a special autistic school. EVERY. To meet the needs of these children. They cannot deal with special ed classrooms all the time, the teachers are not always prepared to deal with them, and the other children in the class are the ones left to deal with the damage. If you place them in a special school where the teachers are more prepared to handle them, the children have a better environment to learn. When my daughter finally entered one, she thrived like nothing else. Every district needs one.

I agree about a special school for special needs children. When I was in 10th grade in gym class, I was playing basketball & went up for a rebound & got my legs taken out from under me & landed on my head. I was knocked out for about 5 mintues & no one could find the teacher to get help because she had left the class unattended to have to deal with a special needs student. I ended up having a concussion & missed a week of school. I guess I was lucky that there was nothing else wrong.

For mild needs, I have no problem integrating them. But for moderate to severe needs, when even a doctor is telling a school they need to be separated, listen. Don't ignore, until it's too late. Sometimes, in these cases, the doctor does know best.

Glad you were eventually ok. My daughter almost seriously hurt a child, scarred him actually, over her imaginary friend. But being special needs, she's also been on the receiving end as well. She's been told don't come back to school or we'll cut your head off, principal did nothing. No punishment. Apparently that's ok to do in school. She was scared to death and I was p'od. Needless to say I threatened to sue if they didn't put her on a new bus or remove him from hers and suspend him from school. Ugh.
edit on 12/16/2012 by happyhomemaker29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Alright, so Adam Lanza went one by one shooting each child at point blank range 2 or 3 times.

How long does that take?

First 911 call at "approximately" 9:30 AM, cops show up 20 minutes later.

I live in a fairly small Connecticut town, not nearly as small as Newtown. The fact that it took cops 20 minutes to get to the school is downright bogus. What, was there traffic? We should probably check out how far the police station is from the school. Odds are troopers were stuck in line at Dunkin Donuts or something, who knows.

So what is Mr. Lanza's motive? Can't have anything to do with his mom because she wasn't even a teacher there.

Somewhere within that 20 minutes Mr. Lanza decides, ah # might as well just kill myself.

Cops find "2nd shooter" in woods, have him in custody. Wait, scratch that, never happened.

The list of anomalies goes on and on and on....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by timesacomin

From what I'm reading, even though Lanza took multiple guns with him to the school, he only used the .223 Bushwacker.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

I'll be curious to see if it's sheer coincidence that another kid (Christopher Krumm) living in a town only 66 miles away from Newtown killed his father just two weeks ago, accusing him of being the one responsible for giving him Aspergers.

Although Aspergers may not be directly linked to violence, is it linked to copying others in any way?

I honestly think it's coincidence, but you know MSM, we have to play it up to act as if there is an epidemic of autistic kids going around murdering their parents.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

anyways, about the gun in the car.

like i said earlier it appears to be a bolt action rifle also known as a "long gun"

i have never heard of an AR-15 being called a "long gun"

didn't the medical examiner say they were killed with a "long gun"

ok, so does that mean there was no AR-15 involved, if the gun in the car was a "long gun" and the weapon he used in side the school was a "long gun" too?

i might say maybe the terminology is just relaxed, but i wouldnt think a medical examiner would be relaxed on terminology.

No medical examener said "rifle" (if I remember right)
A long gun and an "assault rifle" would use the same ammunition and there would be no way to tell from the wounds since the caliber would/could be identical.

A "Long Gun" has a "built in chamber" and does not rely on a clip. Although you are right, the weapon in the trunk was a Long gun.

pertaining to the weapon in the truck being a "long gun" you mean bolt action rifle. correct?

i just edited my post after i googled a bit. like i have said, ive been around them my whole life, never heard them called that and never called them that. in fact, ive heard them called hand guns more than i have long guns. due to the grip.

Maybe a Bolt Action Rifle- I had trouble telling, but certainly not an "Assault Rifle". What came out of the trunk (to me) looked like a long Gun .I also have never heard an AR-15 called a Handgun (regardless of Grip)- Or a "long gun"-

The problem is the stories anre changin so fast- latest on CNN says 3 guns (2 pistols and a bushmaster .223) but what came out of that trunk was none of the above.

Plus, 3 weapons were confirmed before they even opened the trunk (was done at night) and they said an AR-15 was in the car. So they searched the car but not the trunk? makes no sense since it could have been booby trapped (would be my assumption as law Enforcement )-

So honestly IDK- So hard to keep up on the changing story. But I am pretty sure the examiner said Rifle. If I am wrong and he said "long gun" then that adds more fuel to the fire.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Actually, I came up with that connection on my own. I've never read any report of MSM trying to link the two together.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperStudChuck
Some updates--

1. The RIP Victoria Soto page that was up yesterday from 12/10 is now down. Link was: www.facebook.com... but that now just redirects to facebook for me.

Actually, now it's showing this group: SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ADAM LANZA INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY Link: www.facebook.com...

oh god. The admin is that incredible serial-killer-worshipping douche. Or maybe he really does believe they were patsys. Look at his facebook page. He also left a comment on one of the troll Adam Lanza tribute pages praising him. I hate that guy.
And the girl is his 'wife' I don't know what her story is, seems to be a right wing christian, but that could just be a joke.
Everything they do seems to be for the lulz. UGh.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I must say that I am really suprised. I would have thought that someone would have remembered and posted this.

Curiosity: Brainwashed to Assassinate : Video : Discovery Channel

dsc.discovery.com...

Oct 23, 2012 – Can a human really be brainwashed to kill?

The answer was a resounding yes. The people on this discoverey show were able to brainwash certain subjects to the point that they indeed would kill under hypnosis. I was kind of freaked out by all of this. I watched this show on Monday or Tuesday night afer work then a day or so later watched The Bourne Legacy (In which someone is turned into a killing machine, perpetrating a mass killing while at work) and then a day later this terrible tragedy at the school occurs.

The first thought in my mind was what are "they" trying to distract us from or manipulate us into doing

edit on 16-12-2012 by azrael36 because: fix link

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

reply to post by timesacomin

From what I'm reading, even though Lanza took multiple guns with him to the school, he only used the .223 Bushwacker.

Yes, but to grasp all this you need to start at the beginning. This thread covered everything in real time.
2 Guns (both handguns) were found next to the body and an AR-15 (the .223) in his car. This story stayed the same until the examiner said the killings were done with a Rifle, now the same amount of guns are listed (even though an additional gun was pulled from the trunk in the middle of the night) and now the .223 was near his body.

How could such a glaring mistake be made when the guns were properly identified within an hour of this going down- I am SURE they didnt wait until 3AM to search his car when it could have been rigged. They even initially said the house may have been rigged with explosives, but they let the car sit there all day? IDK?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

Flight/Flee Autistic?

He recalled meeting with school guidance counselors, administrators and with the boy's mother, Nancy Lanza, to understand his problems and find ways to ensure his safety. But there were other crises only a mother could solve. "He would have an episode, and she'd have to return or come to the high school and deal with it," Novia said, describing how the young man would sometimes withdraw completely "from whatever he was supposed to be doing," whether it was sitting in class or reading a book. Adam Lanza "could take flight, which I think was the big issue, and it wasn't a rebellious or defiant thing," Novia said. "It was withdrawal."

My daughter had the VERY same issues and is also a flight/flee autistic. This is looking more and more like he was autistic/aspergers and not just run of the mill shooter. I can recall numerous times where I'd be called almost 20 minutes after school started to come pick up my daughter because she tried to run away again. Or because she threw a crayon in class and was being disrupted. Schools are NOT equipped to deal with autistic kids and YET school board insist on mainstreaming them into regular schools but special classes. I'm going to say this once here and once only. Every district needs to have a special autistic school. EVERY. To meet the needs of these children. They cannot deal with special ed classrooms all the time, the teachers are not always prepared to deal with them, and the other children in the class are the ones left to deal with the damage. If you place them in a special school where the teachers are more prepared to handle them, the children have a better environment to learn. When my daughter finally entered one, she thrived like nothing else. Every district needs one.

I agree about a special school for special needs children. When I was in 10th grade in gym class, I was playing basketball & went up for a rebound & got my legs taken out from under me & landed on my head. I was knocked out for about 5 mintues & no one could find the teacher to get help because she had left the class unattended to have to deal with a special needs student. I ended up having a concussion & missed a week of school. I guess I was lucky that there was nothing else wrong.

For mild needs, I have no problem integrating them. But for moderate to severe needs, when even a doctor is telling a school they need to be separated, listen. Don't ignore, until it's too late. Sometimes, in these cases, the doctor does know best.

Glad you were eventually ok. My daughter almost seriously hurt a child, scarred him actually, over her imaginary friend. But being special needs, she's also been on the receiving end as well. She's been told don't come back to school or we'll cut your head off, principal did nothing. No punishment. Apparently that's ok to do in school. She was scared to death and I was p'od. Needless to say I threatened to sue if they didn't put her on a new bus or remove him from hers and suspend him from school. Ugh.
edit on 12/16/2012 by happyhomemaker29 because: (no reason given)

I myself dont blame the special needs kid or the teacher at all. The kid cant help it & the teacher was just trying to handle the situation. Since that happend in the school I went to any gym class that had a special needs child in it also has 2 teachers in it, in case one has to handle any type of situation. The school was afraid of a lawsuit from my parents, I think, because even though missing those days of school made me over the limit of missing 3 days making me have to take finals, they waved that & did not make me take any finals.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I'll be curious to see if it's sheer coincidence that another kid (Christopher Krumm) living in a town only 66 miles away from Newtown killed his father just two weeks ago, accusing him of being the one responsible for giving him Aspergers.

Although Aspergers may not be directly linked to violence, is it linked to copying others in any way?

IDK but there have been a few cases here (in my City) in the last several months where Aspergers adults (still living with their parents) became Violent and Police were called. In one case the Kid was arrested and the parents went nuts (although they were the ones who called) and in another the man came at officers with a weapon of some sort and was tazed.

I have very little knowledge of this condition but have seen it connected with violence in my local area-

Asperger's itself does NOT cause violence. It when you add asperger's to another condition such as paranoia, or anxiety, or OCD, or Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Schitzophrenia, you name it. Anything, but by itself, most asperger adults are law abiding adults and are calm.

Signs and Symptoms of Asperger's

Are Aperger Adults Violent

Research suggests people with autism do have a higher rate of aggressive behavior — outbursts, shoving or pushing or angry shouting — than the general population, he said. "But we are not talking about the kind of planned and intentional type of violence we have seen at Newtown," he said in an email. "These types of tragedies have occurred at the hands of individuals with many different types of personalities and psychological profiles," he added. Autism is a developmental disorder that can range from mild to severe. Asperger's generally is thought of as a mild form. Both autism and Asperger's can be characterized by poor social skills, repetitive behavior or interests and problems communicating. Unlike classic autism, Asperger's does not typically involve delays in mental development or speech. Experts say those with autism and related disorders are sometimes diagnosed with other mental health problems, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder or obsessive-compulsive disorder. "I think it's far more likely that what happened may have more to do with some other kind of mental health condition like depression or anxiety rather than Asperger's," Laugeson said.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I don't know about aspergers, but on my long ass busride of two hours to the bad kid school I graduated from, I shared a bus with an autistic boy of about 10. He would get violent outbursts when his routine rituals were disturbed in any way. Like if the bus was late picking him up, I wasn't able to sleep on the busride to school those days. He would be yelling and throwing stuff prettymuch the whole ride.

Yes, if their schedule is disrupted it quite literally throws their world off balance. They do not know what to do with themselves. My daughter is this way. They do not always have our communication skills to say, "your stressing me out with this change, please put it back the way it was."

Strategies to help with Autism

Routine
Students with autism often insist on sameness. They like routine and ritual, and novel situations can throw them off. These children experience a high level of stress or anxiety when something new is introduced into the environment.

See he wasn't melting down to make it difficult for you to sleep. It's just, he honestly was crying out for help and didn't know how to say it. That's all.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Lanza had entered the school heavily armed. He had three guns -- two handguns and the Bushmaster .223-caliber assault rifle that he used to force his way in and kill most of his victims -- along with hundreds of bullets, at least 30 magazines per gun and extra ammunition, police said. Lanza ultimately used a handgun to kill himself, state police said, and the three guns, the rifle, a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9 mm, were found by his body. A fourth gun, a shotgun, was found in Lanza's car outside the school, police said.

www.newsday.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sandy Hook Elementary is seven minutes away from the nearest police station according to Google Maps.

Officers would have to pull out of the station on to Main Street, then onto Church Hill Rd, drive one mile mile, and turn right into the school.

I can only assume that officers responding to shots fired at a school would cause them to drive over the speed limit, getting there within 2-3 minutes.

There is also a Dunkin Donuts a block away, just like I assumed

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Lanza had entered the school heavily armed. He had three guns -- two handguns and the Bushmaster .223-caliber assault rifle that he used to force his way in and kill most of his victims -- along with hundreds of bullets, at least 30 magazines per gun and extra ammunition, police said. Lanza ultimately used a handgun to kill himself, state police said, and the three guns, the rifle, a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9 mm, were found by his body. A fourth gun, a shotgun, was found in Lanza's car outside the school, police said.

www.newsday.com...

Eh, NVM.

I can produce 17 links that say different things. THIS is the problem. I know what they are NOW saying but it isnt adding up,. One station is now reporting that the shooting was done with handguins (no link, read it here on a separate thread with the link)-

If this is all about using the "current" story to be "factual" then fine. But the "current" story has changed 500 times as can be seen from reading this thread from page 1.

So I am not quite sure what the quote you offered means?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradism
Sandy Hook Elementary is seven minutes away from the nearest police station according to Google Maps.

Officers would have to pull out of the station on to Main Street, then onto Church Hill Rd, drive one mile mile, and turn right into the school.

I can only assume that officers responding to shots fired at a school would cause them to drive over the speed limit, getting there within 2-3 minutes.

There is also a Dunkin Donuts a block away, just like I assumed

There is also SOP for these things.

Police may have been there but waited for backup before entering a situation they new little about. Not saying that is the case but I do know that in my City when "shots fired" happens, 2 units have to be there to do anything. They will literally wait for backup before leaving their car.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

He said of the seven autopsies he personally performed, the victims had "three to 11 wounds apiece" and were shot in the head, extremities and torso -- two of them at close range.

He said the shooter was able to reload so quickly because he had taped two magazines together.

www.newsday.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Actually, I came up with that connection on my own. I've never read any report of MSM trying to link the two together.

My mistake then. I apologize. Forgive me. I honestly think it's coincidence. But that's me. I saw that one yesterday in here about the boy who wanted to kill his father. I think he had a bit of paranoia, because unless the father had aspergers as well, I don't know where he got the idea he "got" it from him. Unless a doctor mentioned it in passing. (And yes, you tell them something and they will STICK on it like glue!) I told my daughter I was fixing her laptop for New Year's as a Christmas present for her, she thinks it's coming in the mail to her house tomorrow. They latch on stuff and WILL NOT let go!!! Their brains are like LEECHES!!! It's crazy.

And I do apologize. I thought it was a question from the MSM story from the other day. My mistake. Please don't hold it against me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Just providing updates at this point to see if facts start matching from here on out.

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join