It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by Firewater

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by Firewater

It's said that it was police who busted the windows in to get in there

Regardless, don't you find it strange that only 2 shots were considered to be taken at close range? Wouldn't "across a classroom" be close range? .....Anyone?

So I don't know why the ME stated that there were only 2 that he saw shot at close range.
As opposed to where? Some sniper nest in the trees?

Well, a "sniper" scenario would fit in with many of the early reports which ultimately either changed or in some cases were just never spoken of again.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I do wonder how mother Lanza was a teacher at the school, then it changed to her not being. Who gave out that information?

I think all the discrepancies depend on which sources you were listening to when the story first broke. Every source had a different number on the dead.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

thanks a bunch but, this puter won't play videos ... was hoping for a readable story ?
if there isn't detail, don't bother ... we've got enough BS floating about as it is.

i was kinda hoping for a pic or indications where the windows were broken, how many, stuff like that.

something else i hadn't read/heard ... anyone know how long it took for responders to arrive ?
i'm a bit curious how they were able to assist with kids hiding and such.
for some reason a response time of less than 2-3 minutes seems unreasonable to me
(but that could be regional bias).

as for the menu, it didn't drop automatically when mouse hovered and when clicked, the page refreshed to the top and that's all ... weird i tell ya.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I just read in catching up here that it was info given by "a parent".
Now anybody who wanted to feed disinfo into the case could just walk
over to the reporter and tell them this.

The only way a parent would know this, is if their child had her as a teacher.
Well, we know now she wasn't. So it had to have been either a parent who
told a lie on purpose. I don't think so. Or it was a story minder lurking around
to tell this in a plausible way to the press that it would get out there because
at the time it seemed they needed a reason to have either Adam or Ryan,
be at the scene.
edit on 16-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by Firewater

Originally posted by violet

It's said that it was police who busted the windows in to get in there

Regardless, don't you find it strange that only 2 shots were considered to be taken at close range? Wouldn't "across a classroom" be close range? .....Anyone?

i'm not in forensics so this is info may be wrong, however ...

www.forensic-medecine.info...
In forensics there are four types of gunshot wound: Contact wound - The muzzle of the gun was applied to the skin at the time of shooting, Close Range - The muzzle of the gun was 6-8 inches away from the skin at shooting, Intermediate Range - The gun was 8 inches to 3.5 feet away, and Distant - The gun was over 3.4 feet away at the time of shooting. In the case of a fatal shooting it is often debated whether it was murder or suicide.
only 2 shots at close range out of how many in one or two classrooms ??
if the above is correct, i suppose the MEs statement is reasonable, even if they were all less than 2ft away ;(

Close range is max 8 in. and anything over 3.4 feet is considered distant? Would never have guessed that. I would have thought 3.4 ft. to be pretty darn close

thanx for that info

Well, that pretty much blows my whole theory out the window

Probably be back on a little later after i dig up a new one.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

yeah, that was a surprise to me when i read it too.
i was thinking more along the lines of 8-10 feet, not inches

still doesn't help define the scene or how no stray bullets wandered into surrounding classrooms.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by delusion

He was busted by local police, who are not likely to have been "in" on any conspiracy. The timing is quite a coincidence, no? Similar attack, same day, thousands of miles away.

Then we have this story that is constantly changing. The suspect was found inside with two handguns, and a .223 rifle was found in his car. Until the ME has a press conference and said ALL (I believe, I'm sure you"ll correct me if I'm wrong) were killed with a rifle. Then all of a sudden the police realize they had forgotten about a fourth gun. The murder weapon in all 26 deaths at the school was just forgoten about? The "official story" just doesn't add up and the second similar attack planned for the same day just adds to the suspicion.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You know what strikes me, very rarely do you ever see comments from the families or people involved posting on ATS. You would think there would be at least one person that is [1st party and not 3rd party] from there that would least give us the scoop. Or, even one of their family members. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
You know what strikes me, very rarely do you ever see comments from the families or people involved posting on ATS. You would think there would be at least one person that is [1st party and not 3rd party] from there that would least give us the scoop. Or, even one of their family members. Just saying.

Perhaps anyone who is that close will be in mourning with their families, not logging onto ATS...If one of the dead had been my child/sister/brother etc I would currently be in such an emotional state that I would be incapable of switching the computer on, let alone commenting on a conspiracy website

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Illuminaughty8

and there was a similar situation following the Aurora shooting as well.
(3 of them reported in link)
www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by MisterMaster

nope, it's pretty clear you are here to spread as much disinfo as possible, beginning with your opening statements ...

Two pistols were used in this massacre, not a rifle. In fact, the guy in Oregon who tried to use an ar15 only managed two kills. Seems handguns should be the topic, not something that wasnt even used.
yeah well, BS begets BS and you began with a truckload of it.

then there's this ...

She doesnt collect guns, shes not a LEO, can't hunt with it as its illegal, people dont buy them for decorations, so any other reason just doesnt make sense to me.

so, she's a prepper that collects guns but, at the same time you say ...

"she doesn't collect guns" and "can't hunt with it as it's illegal
in CT, is it really ??
might wanna read this

www.shootingtimes.com...
www.cga.ct.gov...

and if that wasn't enough, you just had to go here ...

The only information that has not changed is the fact that two 9mm guns were used and only those.
and to that, i and the ME says
:ROLL:

so, before you go calling others a "schill", you might want to practice up on your skills, first

do you know why i have avoided responding to you ?
refer to above.

[ill-mannered comments removed] All of those quotes are mis represented as you showed them.

They are from my second post here, and ALL those arguments were FOR the fact in my first post I said it will come out shes a prepper.

Its #ing asinine that you would take all of that out of context and post it as disinfo. That is what a shill does and normally im a stable dude, but i seriously want to [ill-mannered comments removed] for going out of your way to flame people and derail this thread.

You have offered zero to further this conversation and I make the thirs person in 15 pages that has told you to go # yourself.

Old saying goes...if one person calls you an asshole its an opinion, two or more say it...you are probably an asshole.

Without debunkng every word you lie about. It IS ILLEGAL TO HUNT IN CONNECTICUT WITH AN AR15. Period. End of story.

NRA.com:

It is against state law to hunt any game with a bullet round smaller than 6mm...or .243 round.

An AR 15 shoots .223 bullets and therefore is ILLEGAL TO HUNT GAME WITH.
It is you sir that is passing patently FALSE information to derail this thread.

Tool shed for real.

edit on 16-12-2012 by MisterMaster because: (no reason given)

[ill-mannered comments removed] X2
edit on 12/22/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperStudChuck

I'm still stuck on the fact of ALL first graders. In a school of roughly 500 kids from K-4, I think it was, 100 per grade, all 20 killed are from 1st grade. No stray bullets to any kids from any other grade. That seems strange to me.

Has anyone found any reports stating that the 1st grade classrooms were closest to the front of the school?

I have no idea whether or not the reports of a previous altercation with four staff members at the school the day before is true, but one of the teacher's killed was 27 year old, Victoria Soto. She died trying to protect her 1st graders and it's probably her 1st grade class that got the brunt of it. One article I read stated that Victoria Soto may have been one of the four staff members involved in the previous days' altercation.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfit312
Ok few questions

when she heard gunshots. “We were there for about five minutes chatting and we heard, ‘pop pop pop,’ ” she said. “I went under the table.” The principal, Dawn Hochsprung, and a school psychologist leaped out of their seats and ran out of the room, Ms. Day recalled. “They didn’t think twice about confronting or seeing what was going on,” she said. “At first we heard a bunch of kids scream, and then it was just quiet and all you could hear was the shooting,” Ms. Day said.
source
So the principal was in a meeting so therefore DID NOT buzz him in, so is the story now that HE forced his way in?

While initial reports had suggested school principal Mrs Hochsprung buzzed Lanza into the building - bypassing the newly-installed security system - police have confirmed that the shooter forced his way in.
source

Also does anyone know of more info on the step-mother? I have not heard two much info on her...

Nancy Lanza divorced her husband Peter Lanza a few years ago. Peter is said to have remarried and residing at Stamford, Connecticut with his new wife.
source
Thanks

Wait, I thought the shooter went to the principal's office first and started firing during the morning announcements, hence the witness reports of hearing gunfire over the intercom. This contradicts Ms. Day's account of first hearing the kids scream. The news also showed a map of the gunman's steps, showing him going to the office first.

Am I missing something here?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here's a lot of stories from our local television network.

www.wtnh.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I saw a schematic yesterday in the "press" however reliable that is.
It was very loosely drawn showing a front entrance off center to the right. A cafeteria/auditorium straight ahead.
The office cubicle, dead center of a vestibule and the first grade and kindergarten to the left of that to finish out the main wing across the front of the building.
The third and fourth grade where the left side wing.
The back parallel to the front wing was a media center/library.
The right side wing behind the cafeteria was the gym.
All this built around a courtyard.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
pardon me for getting a little gruesome but, if he killed them execution style from 3 inches away, how did he manage to do this without the kids trying to run, since they would see how just sitting there would result in them looking like their class mate next to them who had just been shot? seems kids would be running all over that room and if that happened, he would have no close range shot. this is the part that doesn't sound right to me.
edit on 16-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I might add that the teacher Kaitlin Roig stated in an interview that her class was the first one you come to
in the kindergarten first grade wing and hers was not entered.

If I am not mistaken Ms. Roig was one of 37 new hires at the beginning of this school year by the Newtown School Board.
I am trying to track down a list of all 37. If anyone can assist with this, I really would appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

straight up dude, you're a proven liar so what's your point ?
from your VERY FIRST post in this thread ...

Oh...one more thing. Whats with Bloomberg and company even doing calling for banning of assault rifles??
Two pistols were used in this massacre, not a rifle. In fact, the guy in Oregon who tried to use an ar15 only managed two kills. Seems handguns should be the topic, not something that wasnt even used.
now, care to explain how i took it out of context ???
that is a free standing sentence buddy-boy ... and you typed it

yes, i pulled comments from subsequent posts, what's you point there ??
i knew you were full of it from the 1st one

ohhhhh, an internet tough guy, huh ??
aren't you just special

i'd suppose you think a .22 is illegal to hunt with too, right ?

perhaps it's just your lack of knowledge spewing all over the place but hey, even a broken clock is right at least 2 times a day

care to point out in the CT laws, where such restrictions exist ?

www.ct.gov...
[color=amber] beginning on pg 16

(b) Firearms, ammunition, archery equipment.
During the regulated seasons, Wild turkey may only be hunted as specified with a 20 gauge or
larger shotgun, smooth bore muzzleloader of 20 gauge or larger, or with bow and arrow. Shot
sizes in all firearms shall be restricted to #4, 5, 6, 7, or 7 1/2.

A shotgun used to hunt wild turkey shall not be capable of holding more than three shells and have its magazine plugged with a onepiece filler, incapable of removal without disassembling the gun, so its total capacity does not
exceed three shells. Bow and arrow as used in this regulation section means a long, recurved or
compound bow with a minimum draw weight of 40 pounds. The arrowhead shall have two or
more blades and may not be less than seven-eighths of an inch at the widest point.

here, i'll even be helpful ... ammo specs just for you ... www.pmcammo.com...
scroll to the bottom of page for a nice, well laid-out, table of ammo variations and then come back and tell everyone again how no one can hunt squirrel or rabbit or anything with a BB gun cause it's illegal according to you

It is against state law to hunt any game with a bullet round smaller than 6mm...or .243 round.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
is it possible somebody lobbed a canister of something in the window first, to knock them out? otherwise, how do you explain little kids (who react more instinctively than adults) just sitting there letting themselves be shot after seeing the the guys down the line being shot?

crime scene theory?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by SuperStudChuck

No stray bullets to any kids from any other grade. That seems strange to me.
you're not the only one ... who goes on a shooting rampage with frangible bullets ???

don't know that they were but children with multiple wounds indicate more than 20 shots were fired ... surely 1 of those bullets would have strayed to another room and possibly other students/faculty ?

If he actually shot the Bushmaster exclusively, i find the above virtually impossible.

Most elementary schools are segmented by grade, so he may have been in the 1st grade wing.

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join