It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Firewater

It's said that it was police who busted the windows in to get in there

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperStudChuck
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Good points you make.

I hadn't thought about the head shots part, but it WAS reported at one time that all kids were killed execution style. If that were the case, I would assume very few would do open-casket. When my mom died of cancer we did closed casket because she wasn't recognizable to most (after private family viewing). Not sure how families would handle head-shots. So sad some may have to make that decision.

I'm still stuck on the fact of ALL first graders. In a school of roughly 500 kids from K-4, I think it was, 100 per grade, all 20 killed are from 1st grade. No stray bullets to any kids from any other grade. That seems strange to me.

Oh, and have they released the name of the 1 injured person shot in the foot? I would be interested in hearing/seeing any interviews with that person.

I am uncomfortable even discussing this. But, I would point out that they were able to take facial photos of the kids according to the ME for ID by parents.
So unlike his Mom who was allegedly shot in the face, none of these kids evidently were.

Just like in the Mulala Yusefzai case where I had trouble believing that story because of wound descriptions my
relatives that are nurses and had personal experience with head wounds. Any type of traumatic head wound will
cause extreme swelling to nearly double it's normal size and the nose and lips to swell, also, making the
person look nothing like their recognizable self.
So forgive me if I am confused by how the facial photos would have been helpful in ID but would have merely
been shocking to a parent. Clothing would have been more helpful but I never heard that specified.
It just seemed to belie the story of the execution shots at close range we are gruesomely informed of.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Correct. They did say the rifle was found in the back of the car but now saying the shots came from the rifle. So he has two rifles now?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by delusion
This is the creepy killer portrait that will forever be used from now on - unless they find one of him posing with guns.

Another weird detail, not sure how reliable though...

A “longtime” family friend said Lanza had a condition “where he couldn’t feel pain.”

“A few years ago when he was on the baseball team, everyone had to be careful that he didn’t fall because he could get hurt and not feel it,” said the friend. “Adam had a lot of mental problems.”

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 16-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

This is the pic that to me looks like a photoshopped version or something of the same color photo that was circulated. Because he was sort of looking down it looks like the eyes have been opened up in an unrealistic looking way to get that "James Holmes" look.

It looks as I said yesterday, like a hot mess and I don't know how anybody could look at it and thinks it's an
unaltered pic.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I don't think photos were shown to parents to ID them. It seemed they went about it in the heartless manner of gathering all parents at the fire station and kids were reunited, then those not reunited got told this means you won't ever be.

It was done by process of elimination. If your child was missing, it meant they'd been killed.
The autopsies being done was verifying the identity.

Imagine watching all the other parents hugging their children , but you don't get to and are told this means they are dead? If I was one of these parents I would be hoping my child is still hiding in a cupboard in the school. Or they ran away. I couldn't accept this.
edit on 16-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

I suppose they had already counted the bodies, knew how many from that class was reunited and the missing count matched up to the amount of dead bodies, but why be so certain children from another grade might have been in the area? It is curious no other age group was caught in the shooting. They couldn't just look at the bodies and immediately determine the ages.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It was obviously a set up by the government etc - that kid was like a puppet to them.

Then Obamas fake tears - they are the ones behind it - nice cover up.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Regardless, don't you find it strange that only 2 shots were considered to be taken at close range? Wouldn't "across a classroom" be close range? .....Anyone?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ok few questions

when she heard gunshots. “We were there for about five minutes chatting and we heard, ‘pop pop pop,’ ” she said. “I went under the table.” The principal, Dawn Hochsprung, and a school psychologist leaped out of their seats and ran out of the room, Ms. Day recalled. “They didn’t think twice about confronting or seeing what was going on,” she said. “At first we heard a bunch of kids scream, and then it was just quiet and all you could hear was the shooting,” Ms. Day said.
source
So the principal was in a meeting so therefore DID NOT buzz him in, so is the story now that HE forced his way in?

While initial reports had suggested school principal Mrs Hochsprung buzzed Lanza into the building - bypassing the newly-installed security system - police have confirmed that the shooter forced his way in.
source

Also does anyone know of more info on the step-mother? I have not heard two much info on her...

Nancy Lanza divorced her husband Peter Lanza a few years ago. Peter is said to have remarried and residing at Stamford, Connecticut with his new wife.
source
Thanks

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steffenfield
reply to post by salainen

Yes, that was one of the first facts, it was something like the principal being in a meeting with the psychiatrist and the shooter targetted them, before walking to the 2 classrooms to kill the rest of the victims.

Correct.

So how is that the Principle told The Bee (newspaper) this information?

Great Find, Steffinfield!

newtownbee.com...

This looks like the original story of three people injured before somehow it became a mass shooting incident
of 27 people.

As I remember it, there were three people shot (allegedly), one in the foot, and a child and another adult killed or seriously wounded.

It even tells about the cop that carried a kid out. Well, I personally have issues with that because unless a building is on fire, they don't move a person. They wait until the emergency squad shows up to prevent further injuries. I am pretty sure they probably had one right up the road at that Fire Station. They do here where I live.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter.
It just seemed to belie the story of the execution shots at close range we are gruesomely informed of.

Only 2 shots at close range
edit on 12/16/2012 by Firewater because: ?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firewater

Regardless, don't you find it strange that only 2 shots were considered to be taken at close range? Wouldn't "across a classroom" be close range? .....Anyone?

I haven't seen where its mentioned only two were at close range
Tha medical examiner said this:

Connecticut medical examiner H. Wayne Carver II called the Sandy Hook massacre "the worst he had seen" in a press conference Saturday afternoon. Carver, who has identified the victims as ranging in age from 6 to 56, described the victims as 12 girls, eight boys and six adult women. All of the children were aged 6 or 7-years-old.

The victims, police said, were shot up close, multiple times.

According to CNN, Carver said that all of the victims died of gunshot wounds, and the manner of death was homicide. The seven bodies he examined personally had three to 11 wounds each, he said. “I believe eiveryone was hit more than once,” Carver said. Police have also released a list of victims names and birthdates.

ETA
I found it, it was missing in the previous piece I quoted

He said he examined seven of the 20 children killed and each had "three to 11 wounds". Two had been shot at close range, he added

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I don't think photos were shown to parents to ID them. It seemed they went about it in the heartless manner of gathering all parents at the fire station and kids were reunited, then those not reunited got told this means you won't ever be.

It was done by process of elimination. If your child was missing, it meant they'd been killed.
The autopsies being done was verifying the identity.

Imagine watching all the other parents hugging their children , but you don't get to and are told this means they are dead? If I was one of these parents I would be hoping my child is still hiding in a cupboard in the school. Or they ran away. I couldn't accept this.

I suppose they had already counted the bodies, knew how many from that class was reunited and the missing count matched up to the amount of dead bodies, but why be so certain children from another grade might have been in the area? It is curious no other age group was caught in the shooting. They couldn't just look at the bodies and immediately determine the ages.

The ME said that no bodies were shown that they used photos.

And imagining the scene is what you did. What if that is not the case? What if no parents were really left at the end who didn't have children? There were a ton of people at that little fire station.

I just know the original story was that 3 people were shot. How that got from that story to 27 when they were all basically in the same place is where I think some hocus pocus took place in this story.

I just can't stand here and hope that all those names they gave yesterday were real kids who were killed,
just to prove the story is being reported correctly.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I haven't seen where its mentioned only two were at close range
Tha medical examiner said this:

Connecticut medical examiner H. Wayne Carver II called the Sandy Hook massacre "the worst he had seen" in a press conference Saturday afternoon. Carver, who has identified the victims as ranging in age from 6 to 56, described the victims as 12 girls, eight boys and six adult women. All of the children were aged 6 or 7-years-old.

The victims, police said, were shot up close, multiple times.

According to CNN, Carver said that all of the victims died of gunshot wounds, and the manner of death was homicide. The seven bodies he examined personally had three to 11 wounds each, he said. “I believe everyone was hit more than once,” Carver said. Police have also released a list of victims names and birthdates.

video.msnbc.msn.com...

Above link about 5 mins in.
edit on 12/16/2012 by Firewater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

My last post, along with the fact that several windows were reported to be broken/shot out, the overall accuracy of the shots fired and the initial reports of other shooters seen outside in the bushes....?

well, you do the math..
i missed any such initial reports ... can you link some ?
or was this something those who were tuned in to the radio heard ?
it's the first i've heard of it.

and, is there any particular reason the menu under your avatar isn't working ?
i tried to u2u this request but it wouldn't open at all

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I've been following your points you've made in your posts and they make sense to me.
Where I have a problem is all the cops busting out windows.
Now we don't know which ones might have been shot out or just broken.
We don't know where and how the shooter entered.

I would thinking anybody standing in the same room was close range if you are talking about a rifle also.
So I don't know why the ME stated that there were only 2 that he saw shot at close range.
As opposed to where? Some sniper nest in the trees?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

My last post, along with the fact that several windows were reported to be broken/shot out, the overall accuracy of the shots fired and the initial reports of other shooters seen outside in the bushes....?

well, you do the math..
i missed any such initial reports ... can you link some ?
or was this something those who were tuned in to the radio heard ?
it's the first i've heard of it.

and, is there any particular reason the menu under your avatar isn't working ?
i tried to u2u this request but it wouldn't open at all

not sure about the menu, bot here is the link...

video.msnbc.msn.com...

about 5 mins into it he is asked about the range of the shots.
edit on 12/16/2012 by Firewater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfit312
Ok few questions

when she heard gunshots. “We were there for about five minutes chatting and we heard, ‘pop pop pop,’ ” she said. “I went under the table.” The principal, Dawn Hochsprung, and a school psychologist leaped out of their seats and ran out of the room, Ms. Day recalled. “They didn’t think twice about confronting or seeing what was going on,” she said. “At first we heard a bunch of kids scream, and then it was just quiet and all you could hear was the shooting,” Ms. Day said.
source
So the principal was in a meeting so therefore DID NOT buzz him in, so is the story now that HE forced his way in?

While initial reports had suggested school principal Mrs Hochsprung buzzed Lanza into the building - bypassing the newly-installed security system - police have confirmed that the shooter forced his way in.
source

Also does anyone know of more info on the step-mother? I have not heard two much info on her...

Nancy Lanza divorced her husband Peter Lanza a few years ago. Peter is said to have remarried and residing at Stamford, Connecticut with his new wife.
source
Thanks

I think her name is Jennifer and she is about 37 years old and also works with Ernst & Young.
That's from doing online background search.
They have been married a little over two years. The divorce was settled in 2009 so they got married probably about 6 months after and moved into her home in Stamford.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

When watching the story when it first broke, I never heard it was only 3 shot. It was a much lower number than it is now, but it did say 3 shot, the principle, Psycologist , maybe a teacher? That they went into the hall to see what was going on, the vice principle went out as well but was shot in the foot, not killed, that some children were killed, but the count of children was only 10. The total went up as the story went on

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Thanks
I've been looking for that and every video I found, it was cut out.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

i'm not in forensics so this is info may be wrong, however ...

www.forensic-medecine.info...
In forensics there are four types of gunshot wound: Contact wound - The muzzle of the gun was applied to the skin at the time of shooting, Close Range - The muzzle of the gun was 6-8 inches away from the skin at shooting, Intermediate Range - The gun was 8 inches to 3.5 feet away, and Distant - The gun was over 3.4 feet away at the time of shooting. In the case of a fatal shooting it is often debated whether it was murder or suicide.
only 2 shots at close range out of how many in one or two classrooms ??
if the above is correct, i suppose the MEs statement is reasonable, even if they were all less than 2ft away ;(

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join