It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Last I heard, they are claiming no relatives were killed in NJ now, and also that the shooter lived in CT with his mom, not NJ. Also his mom is not a teacher at the school. And it was all rifle wounds, not handgun wounds. The story has changed a whole lot, and just keeps getting weirder each update. Oh yeah, and no record of an altercation between the shooter and teachers a few days earlier.

edit on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 22:10:04 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by delusion

why would they allow a massacre plot at another school to be foiled the same morning?
and, you know this how exactly ??
oh that's right, because the msm said so ... got any proof ?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMaster
While trying to find that citation, I ended up re-reading many of the first posts regarding this incident and yet another thing jumped out at me.

These media outlets were being fed great information very early on. The reports of those dead were listed at 27 just 20 minutes into it being breaking news. They also knew of the two handguns and ar15, as well as a very close estimate of shots fired.

Now obviously someone close to the initial investigation was leaking info...good info. So why then is the rest of the information...assumingly gotten from the same source....also giving blatant lies to reporters?

People were also listening to police scanners and interpreting anything said as being relevant to the case, like the van/nun thing (still curious about that though).
The info could have come from there while they were still basically creating sketches of the situation but not anything official.

It's not just the media that are desperate to say any information that they can, it's in the history of the thread how something could get pounced on by members without any verification.
edit on 15-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by delusion

Originally posted by Honor93

what pets ??
all kinds.
search is your friend, i'd suggest you use it if you'd like to know more.
'pets' aren't the subject of this thread.

What????

please don't pull the mysterious 'you have much to learn padawan' act in a scene that has enough misinformation already.
don't be coy, it's not even cute.
if you care to discuss it, start a topic.
your failed attempt to derail this one isn't working.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I don't really know.

But I would say that it would involve being prepared, like a boy scout. Some people just prep for a hurricane, if they live along the East Coast. Others prepare for any eventuality.

This article didnt just mention she was a prepper. In big bold letters it says she was a DOOMSDAY PREPPER....which to most ignorant folks in the world means "crazy retards with guns". Makes it sound all scary an crap.
edit on 15-12-2012 by MisterMaster because: because my smartphone is stupid

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

why would they allow a massacre plot at another school to be foiled the same morning?
and, you know this how exactly ??
oh that's right, because the msm said so ... got any proof ?

You mean was I there when the guy was arrested at 4 in the morning, or did I personally witness him at school trying to recruit others? No.
Gee you're right. I guess they just made it up. Now why would they do that?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by paradism

hmmmm, now that's the first time i've seen that one.

interesting indeed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradism
Here is a tweet the principal sent out that morning:

I've driven past Johnny Depp's house in Newtown. I would assume a movie star such as him would come out and say something about this shooting, no?

Anyone seen any blood yet? Didn't think so.

No haven't seen any blood.
Now where's the date to that tweet?
It's made the rounds here before and it was determined to
have been done in October. Still suspect even so.
Mainly because I already saw a background to that tweet showing kids all
in neat rows being evac'ed to the FD.

Just like yesterday. Since I know she was taking photos that day then
I got the feeling that a couple of those calm kids with one hand on the shoulder
of the kid in front photos were from back in October also and not yesterday.

There are oddities everywhere you care to look.
Mostly that this had a staging area at the FD up the road and not at the school itself.
If for convenience sake if nothing else you'd think it would have been there.
But, no.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

what pets ??
all kinds.
search is your friend, i'd suggest you use it if you'd like to know more.
'pets' aren't the subject of this thread.

What????

please don't pull the mysterious 'you have much to learn padawan' act in a scene that has enough misinformation already.
don't be coy, it's not even cute.
if you care to discuss it, start a topic.
your failed attempt to derail this one isn't working.

What the #ing # are you talking about?!
You mentioned 'the pets' and the kids being next. WHY for #s sake???!!!!

What the #ing hell were you talking about?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here is a link to the Hurricane Sandy benefit concert or whatever.

ADAM SANDler says some interesting things around 4:10

"Connecticut 2 ya"

"Well get it through ya"

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
According to the Lanza's neighbor she was - www.youtube.com...

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Soulece

The mystery deepened as Newtown education officials said they had found no link between Lanza's mother and the school, contrary to news reports that said she was a teacher there. Investigators said they believe Adam Lanza attended Sandy Hook Elementary many years ago, but they had no explanation for why he went there on Friday.

She was not a teacher at that school, if she was a teacher.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

i honestly haven't kept up that closely.
i'll take your word for it but after initial reports about multiple handguns, then seeing the ME interview on some msm channel, i wondered immediately ... where's the long gun/rifle ?

why didn't the ME say "variety of injuries" or "caliber yet to be determined" or "unknown at this time" or any slew of other options ... why "rifle wounds" if a rifle hadn't been used or found near the shooter ??

and, why would the shooter carry two handguns but not use them ?

i read conflicting stories about the mother and brother and a whole bunch of other stuff but ... the guns reported and the statement about the wounds really grabbed my attention.

also, i was curious about the GE Capital connection.
how many ppl are aware the company had recently settled out of court regarding SEC charges of Fraud ?? need a link ?? www.sec.gov...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Not to get all hyper-conspiratorial, but trolls like to derail topics with non-issues in order to create an argument which will push important posts to older pages.

Not saying Honor93 is a shill, but seriously....I cant even figure out what point you are trying to make.

To date...I have heard of no animals dying from rifle shots at the school. Perhaps this isnt the thread to further your "animal first,kids next thoery"

When some cat goes crazy and shoots up a veterinary office, please come back and advise, til then can we keep it relevent out of respect to the OP and the other 5,000 people who arent interested?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You mean was I there when the guy was arrested at 4 in the morning, or did I personally witness him at school trying to recruit others? No.
any proof at all would be good.

booking sheet from the arrest ?
which schools are unlocked and available at 4am ?
recruitment at the school ?? says who ?

propaganda is an interesting tool my friend and surprisingly, a major portion of it is "made-up".
why ?? your guess is as good as mine but since Congress had to approve it, i guess it's all part of the game now, like it or not.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

My bad. The story is the headline on Drudge Report....not the scam site Drudge Retort.
It is under the headline which reads,"Revenge of the Goth Loner"

Enjoy

everytime I click I get the mail online...
www.dailymail.co.uk... -Lanza.html
Can't find any mention of the prepper angle?

You'll have to quote and link yourself.

link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Here is the twitter page
You are right about it being dated in Oct, Oct 17 2012 to be exact.

link   
Yeah, I remember reading an article of an interview with a neighbor.
Said to be the only one in the neighborhood who really knew her and
that was from 10 years ago. They met playing "bunko" was the story,
then drifted apart.

It sounded kind of strange but oh well.

What's more strange to me are all the fake looking pics
of "Adam" who a neighbor also I remember was the mother
of a friend of his who said he kept to himself and so it was
no surprise to her that nobody even knew about him.

No pics in the annual. May or may not have graduated.
The one circulating now in black and white with the bug eyes
looks like a hot mess of photoshopping the only other pic of him,
the color shot of about a 13 year old "Adam".

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

My bad. The story is the headline on Drudge Report....not the scam site Drudge Retort.
It is under the headline which reads,"Revenge of the Goth Loner"

Enjoy

everytime I click I get the mail online...
www.dailymail.co.uk... -Lanza.html
Can't find any mention of the prepper angle?

You'll have to quote and link yourself.

Last night it also emerged Nancy was a member of the Doomsday Preppers movement, which believes people should prepare for end of the world.

Her former sister-in-law Marsha said she had turned her home ‘into a fortress’. She added: ‘Nancy had a survivalist philosophy which is why she was stockpiling guns. She had them for defense.

‘She was stockpiling food. She grew up on a farm in New Hampshire. She was skilled with guns. We talked about preppers and preparing for the economy collapsing.’

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... a.html#ixzz2FBbLeLWZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

any proof at all would be good.

booking sheet from the arrest ?
which schools are unlocked and available at 4am ?
recruitment at the school ?? says who ?

propaganda is an interesting tool my friend and surprisingly, a major portion of it is "made-up".
why ?? your guess is as good as mine but since Congress had to approve it, i guess it's all part of the game now, like it or not.

I assumed you'd read the article...

Sammie Eaglebear Chavez attempted to recruit students in the school cafeteria on Wednesday to help him carry out a massive school shooting and bombing plot, police allege in a court affidavit. Police arrested Chavez at his home about 4:50 a.m. Friday, Bartlesville Police Capt. Jay Hastings said.

www.tulsaworld.com...

Yep, I guess it could have been fabricated for some reason, but we can see if there is a person now in police custody with that name as a start, or if he lived at whatever address he's supposed to live at.
If you can research and confirm that this is a lie, my hat's off to you.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

This thread is going fast, but I wanted to let you know, from experience, it is possible to have both. I have a daughter who has autism and MR with MI. Because she's also missing part of her brain, her IQ places her mental retardation at 55. Her physical age is 17 but her mental age is 5-7 years old. She also has MI. There are times when she is in La La world, as we call it. She has imaginary friends, though they are finally starting to disappear, she lives in a Disneyland Castle, wish we all did, and no one hurts anyone because we are all friends. Again. Something to aspire to.

Since living in her Autism house from July to present, she no longer has anger issues. She doesn't attack people on a whim. She has a calm zone that she goes to when she gets upset. Sometimes she forgets and she'll hit, but we all make mistakes. We're human. Mistakes are for learning. But I'm very proud of her because she's come very, very far and she's doing awesome. But you can have both autism and MI. It can be worked with though.

God bless you honey she sounds like she has an amazing mom
I'm not as well versed in spectrum disorders so thank you for letting me know that it is possible to have both.. much love!

You're welcome. As of this time last year she was very violent. Copes were called all the time, many psych stays, you name it. But after 6 months at an autism house with other autistic kids were they helped her to deal with her emotions, got her back on a routine, got her back on medicines that worked FOR her rather than AGAINST her, she's good to go. I'm trying to get up to the state she's in right now because she wants to live with me and not Daddy, but for now, her routine is better with daddy and with my health, we don't want to risk her breaking down again on me, so when I do get to her state, we're going to start small and just do weekends and see how she does first. I firmly believe all mothers are amazing. And fathers. It's in our hearts. Right now my heart is in PA.

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join