It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Oh right, and throwing all the mentally ill people in cages is not kneejerk either?
edit on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:17:22 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   
News report saying they may have another shooter in custody,..

But, cant confirm it at this time.

Over 100 shots fired,..

But, cant confirm at this time..

One entire classromm missing,..

But, cant confirm at this time..
edit on 14-12-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thank Goodness....keep us posted as you hear more.

I can only imagine what you must be going through.

I'm sending you lots of love right now!!!!!

link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Certain people on the edges of mental well-being are indeed freaking out about this end of the world crappola.

Look, the Mayans were predicting the end of THEIR culture, their dominance. And they regularly gave blood in nasty bloodletting ceremonies on a weekly basis to appease their gods. They were black magicians and a nasty piece of work. The fact that their dark influence is receding from the planet is a GOOD thing. People don't understand how all these quasi-prophecies are designed to herd people down the worst possible timeline, getting people to align their minds consciously and subconsciously with the worst possible energies; thereby heightening the possibility that bad stuff will get worse here.

The key is not to participate, to reach out to the mentally unstable in your family and social circle (almost everybody is on antidepressants now; start there) and provide encouragement, humor and a sense of forward vision.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

[Updated at 12:48 p.m. ET] "Close to 20” people have been killed, including at least 10 children, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation says.

Swear to GOD if I could have 33 seconds with the gunman or gunmen... I'd # em all up................... They deserve nothing more.

You are behind. Numbers are much, much higher!

Reuters is now breaking, "an entire kindergarten classroom is unaccounted for"

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Instead of kneejerk reactions like banning guns we should instead bring back involuntary detention for the mentally ill. Keep them locked up.

I find it ironic that the governments federal and state in the 80's sought to cut expenses by shutting these facilities down and setting patients loose to fend for themselves while pumping an endless stream of dollars into prisons and the "war on drugs."

Less effort on one side of the coin doubles the effort on the other side.

link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

American's might not like it, but this is what happens when you allow civilians with mental instability to own high-powered assault weapons designed for a battlefield!

If this were the United States of old, things like this simply would not happen.

Our teachers would be armed and practicing their right to carry.

link   
Is this school at the end of Dickinson Rd?

Anybody local on this thread?

link   
reply to post by anon29

kinda like rap music in the 90's? Crazy people don't need video games to do crazy stuff crazy people just do crazy stuff.

I think we should be directing our energy and thoughts towards the family's and not point fingers about video games.

link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by unphased

[Updated at 12:48 p.m. ET] "Close to 20” people have been killed, including at least 10 children, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation says.

Swear to GOD if I could have 33 seconds with the gunman or gunmen... I'd # em all up................... They deserve nothing more.

You are behind. Numbers are much, much higher!

Reuters is now breaking, "an entire kindergarten classroom is unaccounted for"

HUH??? All headlines I see right now say the same! Please link.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Pretty freaking sad!!!!

What is sadder is that our schools are going have to have prison like security cause of incidents like this.

My prayers for all of those families involved.

link   
How does it feel to look into the future of America?

Crazy, angry people + stress + easy access to firearms = mass killings

link   
reply to post by riverwild

If they can't #ing confirm it, they shouldn't say it in the first place.......... ARGH!

link   

Originally posted by LipstickMystic
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Certain people on the edges of mental well-being are indeed freaking out about this end of the world crappola.

Look, the Mayans were predicting the end of THEIR culture, their dominance. And they regularly gave blood in nasty bloodletting ceremonies on a weekly basis to appease their gods. They were black magicians and a nasty piece of work. The fact that their dark influence is receding from the planet is a GOOD thing. People don't understand how all these quasi-prophecies are designed to herd people down the worst possible timeline, getting people to align their minds consciously and subconsciously with the worst possible energies; thereby heightening the possibility that bad stuff will get worse here.

The key is not to participate, to reach out to the mentally unstable in your family and social circle (almost everybody is on antidepressants now; start there) and provide encouragement, humor and a sense of forward vision.

*gasp* Do you think maybe the mayans played too many video games?!

link   

Originally posted by riverwild
News report saying they may have another shooter in custody?????

But, cant confirm it at this time.

They are reporting that a second person is "in custody" but that it was only a single person shooting. Shooter was a 20 year old. They stated that they are not sure if the second person is involved or if this person was just coming into (or running away, whatever it was) from the school as the shooting was starting. This just came across on the live feed about 30 seconds ago.

+1 more 
link   
Just how anyone can shoot an innocent person they don't know is beyond me. Much less children. It makes me sad to see just how poorly we are evolving as humans. My girlfriend had her daughter murdered at 16 years old. It left scars on her soul that will never go away. This asshole gunman/gunmen has affected hundreds of lives with this senseless act. A clean death he does not deserve.

This has less to do with video games than it does the number of rats in the cage. Too many rats in the same cage and they start killing each other. Most of todays youth is scared #less about the future. They are often from single parent homes or homes where both parents have to work to pay the bills.

You want to blame someone? Blame the big corporations that have degraded the American wage and job prospects. Blame the fact that often both parents are not home during the most important time in a humans life, childhood. It's not the video games........ It's the lack of solid parenting.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
As a 35 year old adult with an 11 year old son I can say no it doesn't. I grew up on video games. To this day I play video games. And no.. I would never even consider killing another human being, much less gunning down a school full of children.

Now is not the time to try and rationalize this incident. The person or persons who committed this disgusting act are hopefully burning in hell right this very minute. And if any are alive, I hope the parents get to exact revenge on them.

Agreed. As a 34 year old woman I also grew-up on Video Games and still play them regularly. Specifically my favorites these days are the Assassin's Creed series, Grand Theft Auto, and Fallout. The odds of me shooting or harming ANYONE in real life are less than 0%. Video games do not create violence. That is a cop-out.
edit on 12/14/12 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
shooter 24 year armed with 4 weapons and wearing a bulletproof vest. WHY THE HELL ARENT THESE TEACHERS ALLOWED TO CONSEAL CARRY? and why are bullet proof vests available to the public. I dont want gun contol and european union style control of weapons and semi and assault weapon bans I wan us they way we use to be were every body walked around with a weapon and nobody wanted to mess with you out of fear of being killed. stop dishing out psychotropic drugs to the american people......make it harder to get a gun but dont ban them.....that just makes them more mysterious and make people want to obtain them more. because they are "illegal"

link   

Originally posted by LipstickMystic
reply to post by DerekJR321

Everybody likes to pretend that killing people for PLAY on a regular basis has no connection to being less empathetic or caring about the living creatures in the world around them; continue on with that delusion if you wish. Those in the mental health professions know that this is not true.
Too bad the research reports the exact opposite. And please, if you do decide to cite someone please let it be a credible Dr. without an agenda. i.e Craig Anderson

Oh and also video games are used to actually reduce stress and anxiety, used for cancer patients to forget about the pain, just because something puts you in a detached state of reality doesn't mean it's somehow warping your brain into that world.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

link   
4 guns and bullter proof vest on one of the shooters according to twitter.

RT @Suntimes: ABC News reports 1 shooter at Sandy Hook Elementary was a 24-year-old in a bulletproof vest with 4 guns. #developing

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join