It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is still breaking and there isn't much information.

There are some early reports of injuries, and allegedly it was 2 gunman at first and now it's being reported that "1 gunman was killed".

ATS in light of recent events please let's just keep an eye out on all headlines and somehow keep record of different reports you hear.

Most importantly, send out some positive energy hoping that the children are okay!

1st images from the scene

State police are responding to a report of a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dickinson Drive, school officials said. Police are reporting a number of injured parties. The nature of their injuries is not clear. There are unconfirmed reports of two shooters — one dead, one still at large.

Source

additional links:

ABC

Fox News

ETA:

State and Newtown police, ambulance, and emergency response personnel responded to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shortly after 9:30 am, Friday, following reports of a shooting. One child was carried from the school by a police officer, apparently seriously wounded. The other children in the school are exiting the school under state police protection. Read more at hypervocal.com...

source
edit on 14-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

ETA:

Shortly after 9:40 a.m., police reported that a shooter was in the main office of the school. A person in one room had “numerous gunshot wounds,” police said.

Mod Note:
Just a gentle reminder....

This is not the time or the place to discuss the Second Amendment.
Please limit your comments to the school shooting.

All other posts may be be removed.

And, as always, You are responsible for your own posts.
edit on Fri Dec 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just saw it on the news - No new info yet.
I hope the injuries are minor. These poor little kids must be scared out of their minds.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I hope the injuries are minor. These poor little kids must be scared out of their minds.

Reports of a child and a teacher being shot. No confirmations as of yet though.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I hope to heck this isn't some kid who got a gun from their parent and brought it to school with them. I'm going to go read now.

I hope all the kids make it home safe and back to their parents.This is just outrageous. Especially an elementary school.

Way too young....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

Originally posted by DAVID64

Reports of a child and a teacher being shot. No confirmations as of yet though.

Hope they pull through. This is just insane.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I hope to heck this isn't some kid who got a gun from their parent and brought it to school with them. I'm going to go read now.

I hope all the kids make it home safe and back to their parents.This is just outrageous. Especially an elementary school.

Way too young....

Yes.... Shootings are terrible but shootings at elementary schools, should be an automatic death sentence.

Allegedly one of the gunman is dead, but we'll see as more details emerge.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
OMG!! This is the first thread I see when I pull up ATS with coffee in hand. I have friends that live in Newtown. I use to live in Danbury which is right next door. I hope their are no fatalities.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes, if this is confirmed to be as bad as it sounds, this will not bode well for the state of the country. The public will no doubt be in full panic after this. Interestingly,in China a man stabbed 22 primary school kids, today. Perhaps this conspiracy (if there is a conspiracy, that is) reaches farther than we thought?

Source

edit on 14-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
OMG!! This is the first thread I see when I pull up ATS with coffee in hand. I have friends that live in Newtown. I use to live in Danbury which is right next door. I hope their are no fatalities.

Some of my co-workers live in Danbury, but work down here in Baltimore. It must be close considering how they're reacting to the news.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Edited the OP to add this

Shortly after 9:40 a.m., police reported that a shooter was in the main office of the school. A person in one room had “numerous gunshot wounds,” police said.

Source

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i seen an article that virginia tech was on lock down last night. there was a gun man on campus, along with some burglaries. they never caught the guy and is at large still.

this is the decline of western civilization

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Maria Snell ‏@mariacsnell

At least one child seriously wounded in Newton's shooting. This is UNCONFIRMED and reported by Newton Bee. Can we talk gun control now pls?
Twitter

Right. CT has an AWB, a handgun registry, a waiting period, capacity restrictions, mandatory courses for permits.

What else is there Maria Snell?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Some of my co-workers live in Danbury, but work down here in Baltimore. It must be close considering how they're reacting to the news.

It is very close. Danbury boarders Newtown. Not sure where in Blatimore you are but if you are familary with Owing Mills and Reisertown that would be the same as Danbury to Newtown.

My facebook page is starting to blow up with the reports now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Maria Snell ‏@mariacsnell

At least one child seriously wounded in Newton's shooting. This is UNCONFIRMED and reported by Newton Bee. Can we talk gun control now pls?
Twitter

Right. CT has an AWB, a handgun registry, a waiting period, capacity restrictions, mandatory courses for permits.

What else is there Maria Snell?

You forgot that schools are "gun free" by federal law. See how well that works.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by unphased

Of all places a Elementary School...I would have thought the terrorists would have done this first....sickening..this is just going to reinforce a gun ban...what a crap sandwich and how horrible for the parents...

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
America this is just getting stupid and a line needs to be drawn somwhere, either theres a real problem with the people of America or the gun laws are too loose. Something needs to give, this is just madness now. .

We don't hear about this kind of stuff in any other country, its every other week in America. You can say all you want about guns not killing people, I understand that - but its something to do with the general attitude towards firearms that Americans have that must be something to do with the problem.

Liek I said, somethign needs to give, somethign needs to be tackled and stopped and right now you guys are doing nothing about it and this crap is just constant..

So upsetting. . a #ing elementary school. . wtf is wrong with these people.
edit on 14-12-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I just cant wrap my head around what kind of evil could make an adult walk into a school and fire upon innocent children..What is wrong with people? What the he!! is going through their heads? Sick..hopefully they kill the other gunman..no need for that type of human walking the streets.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It is very close. Danbury boarders Newtown. Not sure where in Blatimore you are but if you are familary with Owing Mills and Reisertown that would be the same as Danbury to Newtown.

My facebook page is starting to blow up with the reports now.

I'm right down near the harbor. And I know what you mean so it's not that far. I just pray the babies are ok..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One officer has been injured. They are now saying 2 children have been injured.
edit on 14-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I just cant wrap my head around what kind of evil could make an adult walk into a school and fire upon innocent children..What is wrong with people? What the he!! is going through their heads? Sick..hopefully they kill the other gunman..no need for that type of human walking the streets.

I would literally advocate arresting him, interrogating him, then killing him...

I don't understand due process sometimes I'll be totally honest. Look at the tapes, if it's this guy, shoot him in the face...... no remorse

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join