It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Detective Rapes Woman, Gets a Few Years of Probation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
this guy rapes this gal, got the evidence to prove it, he gets off with 5 years NORMAL probation, and isnt even listed as a sex offender WTF?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

If the prosecutor took it to the jury there was a fair chance that the jury would believe the policeman's story and find that rape didn't occur.

All due respect but I disagree, and here is why; logic dictates that if the LEO or his attorney felt as you describe there would be no need for a plea bargain. There was obviously enough fear or doubt in this case for the LEO to not only consider, but to accept a deal. your own words are telling of just how much the officer had to lose by accepting the deal as quoted below. At most his attorney must have felt that it was a slim chance of being believed by a jury.

He gets eight years of probation and will never work in any government job again.

Which is why he should not have accepted a deal, unless as mentioned previously, there must be a lot more ugliness to this story.

The victim initially accepted the deal, so the prosecutor went with it. Not a great outcome, but not insane, or corrupt, either.

I feel it is corrupt, maybe collusion involved even (considering his occupation), and certainly not any type of bargain that would be offered to the regular Joe Blow rapist

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
and this is why the 2nd amendment reads ... shall NOT be infringed.
by anyone, especially the LEOs.
Bobbit had it right.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Dear RobinB022,

Thank you for disagreeing, I'm glad you bothered. I think you're right. I agree that:

logic dictates that if the LEO or his attorney felt as you describe there would be no need for a plea bargain. There was obviously enough fear or doubt in this case for the LEO to not only consider, but to accept a deal. your own words are telling of just how much the officer had to lose by accepting the deal as quoted below. At most his attorney must have felt that it was a slim chance of being believed by a jury.
You're right, there was a lot of fear on the officer's part. You never know what a jury is going to do, and the semen might have been enough for a conviction. If he was convicted, he's a policeman in prison for years. That is not going to be a pleasant time at all. He may be able to survive to the end of his sentence, but I'd hate to guarantee it. And, we know that sometimes juries convict innocent men. He's got a lot of incentive to avoid trial.

But there's also uncertainty on the part of the prosecutor. If the consent defense holds up, the cop walks free and smiling to the press. The prosecutor looks like an idiot, public faith in his office falls, and he may have let a rapist go free. With this deal the prosecutor at least gets something significant.

I think you're also right that the same deal wouldn't have been offered to just anybody. The prosecutor knew that the testimony of a policeman is going to carry some weight, so he'd have an easier time convicting a nobody.

Anyway, thanks for responding.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
...and people think we should give up our guns. LOL.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
an informant huh, well im pretty sure they chalked it up to two scum bags banging it out. i mean you don't become an informant because you are squeaky clean, and you cant be that great of a detective for wanting to tag that lol ^^

obviously this is ridiculous, and if there isn't more to this story i don't see how he cant see time. why isn't this woman on a youtube crusade? she could out him and he would never be able to go anywhere with out people knowing. was there a settlement involved? if there was i bet it was large.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I bet if one of you raped someone you would get a few years in PRISON. This country is a fail. I want to move out but I don't know where the best place that would be.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by THCinformant

Not Canada!

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

Gardeners do more jail time than child rapists

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
Well at least the judge didn't tell the victim it was her fault for being there like this one did. And people wonder why the police have an all too common negative image. But what should we really expect when they hire people with the personality makeup of the high school bully?
Sex assault victim groped by off-duty cop wants apology from Arizona judge,

I'm sorry, I can tell you that by giving him just probation, the judge did send JUST THAT message. I won't mention how I know. (If you said this in sarcasm and it didn't come across the interwebs, I apologize.)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by RobinB022

Remember, that the confession came about as part of the plea agreement, and was not part of the evidence. (I'm pretty sure I'm right about that. On the tape he kept saying he thought he had consent.) There may very well have been, as other posters have pointed out, a real question of whether it was consensual.

If the prosecutor took it to the jury there was a fair chance that the jury would believe the policeman's story and find that rape didn't occur. He gets eight years of probation and will never work in any government job again. The victim initially accepted the deal, so the prosecutor went with it. Not a great outcome, but not insane, or corrupt, either.

I do agree with you on a few things. I think had this gone to trial, there is a possibility he could have walked free and the prosecutor could have had egg on his face and lost faith with the voters. Another real possibility, is it was a he said/she said moment, and the cop honestly did think she wanted it, he didn't use the correct judgement. A jail-able offense? No. Suspend-able one, yeah. And a possible innocent cop could have been sent to jail for years to come for something he really should have been suspended over, or lost his job over.

Also I can understand the woman agreeing to the plea bargain, then changing her mind when it was too late. This is something that changes your life. And people, she shoplifted, she didn't kill someone. Stop acting like she's Hoffa and deserved to be raped because she's a criminal please. It does NOT take much to become an informant nowadays. Just because she's a "snitch", as someone mentioned, doesn't mean she chose to be raped and she wanted it.

How to be a CI and Your Rights

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join