It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Detective Rapes Woman, Gets a Few Years of Probation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Dear Charles,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you think this information you have presented justifies the rape of that woman? Please forgive me if I am incorrect, but that is the impression your post gave me. A clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CE
edit on 12/14/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: reworded for clarification

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'd sure like to know more background. Something isn't making sense here with just what the story shows. Bad cops usually can expect worse than a normal person gets...once fully exposed and laid bare for the badge carrying criminal they are. Even Judges tend to have a hard spot for REAL corrupt cops and this one...on appearances...is corrupt as all get out.

You know, what bothers me is that the Judge accepted the plea agreement....and the victim herself accepted the plea agreement At least at one point she did. So why accept it then? I'd want the guy to fry for it once it was all out in the open and on the record anyway. No sense soft peddling anything at that point, is there? Unless there is definitely more to it.

What comes to my mind is...she was an informant. Not a proposed or alleged information. She is clearly described in court as an informant. That's an important distinction because it IS a clear distinction with it's own case for her ...paperwork to file..things to get filled out properly so everyone knows why she's in criminal situations on behalf of the cops. It's not as simple as movies make it look....

^^^ That all being said for this point. How LONG had she been his informant and how much previous history may have played into this incident? I just hate it when it feels like only half the story. The Judge, wife and friends apparently have the whole story that we don't...because most rapists don't have the support of a near fan club. Err... Just my curious side.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Dear Corruption Exposed,

Please forgive me for creating the impression that I thought the rape was acceptable. Of course, I don't think that, nor does anyone else that I know of. To be perfectly frank, I don't know how I created that impression. Oh well.

I was trying to do two things. One, indicate that there is a little more information on the topic, and two, I wanted to note that even though we thought the punishment for this terrible crime was too light, it wasn't due to a corrupt judge or some vile plot. I just wanted to temper some of the very emotional comments being made.

Thanks for letting me know how you saw my post, I always learn from you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The prosecutors probably knew they had an uphill battle to actually prove he raped her and that it wasn't just coerced or consensual or that's what they "convinced" her of at the time. From the way I read the article he did not admit to raping her. He pleaded guilty to the charges he received the probation for. I sincerely doubt if he admitted to the rape he'd be walking away like he is.

If you read the article it states that they listen in on the phone call and he repeatedly says I thought you wanted it. If he gave any sign or confession there I'm sure or at least I'd hope he'd pay for what he did. I have no idea of what evidence the prosecutors had but they obviously thought they did not have enough to risk the entire trial on the rape accusation. It may have resulted in a complete dismissal if her character and honesty were put into question. Maybe they were looking for an easy out who can say. It is also possible they wanted this guy off the force and since there was a good chance he'd have done time were this to go on for the other charges this was the most sure fire route and went for the plea.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Someone should find this guy and make sure his probation time is spent in an I.C.U.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Oh boy, I bet hes glad he didn't get a prison sentence.. He would of been on the receiving end of some rapage himself.. In this case I would only call that justice though..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
IMO a person who uses a position of authority to commit a crime should be punished more than a normal citizen.

This guy is a police officer, a detective who already did his part as a street cop and advanced to the level of detective. He knows and upholds the laws, and he damn well knows right from wrong.

Committing this crime while knowing exactly what laws he was breaking. Committing this crime while knowing what he would do to an normal citizen who committed the same crime shows he has no regard for the law he is sworn to uphold.

He should be fired and barred from any position of authority for life, and should get double the normal punishment for similar crimes, at a minimum.

I am not a religious person, but times like this makes me wish there was a hell for people like this to burn in.

DC

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thank you for the clarification, I know understand your position. I will be honest though, and once again please forgive me Charles, but I sometimes sense a hint of sarcasm from some of your posts, but that is probably my fault. Either way you are polite so it's all good.

I am concerned that some people are borderline trying to justify it with thinly veiled deflections (not you per say) and these actions can in no way justified, and the plea bargain could mean a lot of things. Most rape victims are traumatized by their attacker and want to get it over with. I will admit I do not know all the details behind the story and since she is an informant, and possible criminal, perhaps there is more than meets the eye, but an admittance of rape accompanied with semen stains is more than enough to put someone away for a long time... why isn't this dirt bag in jail?

I've seen people get jail time for stealing bread to feed their family, this clown walks away with probation which should cause anyone regardless of perspective to question this judge, and the system as a whole.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
Someone should find this guy and make sure his probation time is spent in an I.C.U.

I wish he would have had been sentenced to jail time in general population...

This loser does not deserve protective custody in an orange jump suit, heck, his soap better not have a rope if you catch my drift

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Yeah, usually I am not one to say that another wrong corrects a past mistake, but he deserves a taste of his own medicine...it's probably the only way he will learn.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

I have to say that every single word of your post was perfect

Thank you for the insight, and wording it properly as I am not in the mind state to express my opinions properly, but damn you hit the nail right on the head!

He knew what he was doing and deserves to pay the consequences, as a normal person would.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
Soviets have a long history of raping women, like what happened after world war two in Germany (after Hitler was defeated), the difference is that rape was encouraged, at least here it gets somewhat of a slap on the wrist...for now.

Soviets?? germans?? what does this have to do with the original OP?? During war both sides partake in such actions.. they are already killing each other women and children included. Really??

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I just can't wrap my mind about how something like this can happen...well I understand the how, but it's hard to fathom why a person who has admittedly raped a woman is still walking free. It's disturbing.

On a side note, thanks for this and all the other great threads you've authored lately. My computer's down so I mostly lurk here on my phone and I've had plenty of good reads.

-Foot
edit on 14-12-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is gross. I hate police.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

A jury of his "peers" aka cops

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Being how people dont seem to understand how he could get away with basically a slap on the wrist is simple. Look at his job title. He probably has a lot of intel on that reigion as far as dirty cop work is concerned. Jesus look at how he tried to swindle the lady! The world is a sick sick place, and stories like these a merely the tip of the ice burg for what actually goes on behind closed doors that we dont hear/find out about!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
Soviets have a long history of raping women, like what happened after world war two in Germany (after Hitler was defeated), the difference is that rape was encouraged, at least here it gets somewhat of a slap on the wrist...for now.

Oooh yeh lets make this a xenophobic thread. You do realise your own example equates 'a long history' as 70 years or less. Less than the average lifespan of citizens of most developed countries in the world.

Soviets have a long history of rape....
Amerians have a long history of rape....
British have a long history of rape...
Japanese have a long history of rape...
Afghans have a long history of rape...
Chinese have a long history of rape...
The Romans had a long history of rape...
Humans have a long history of rape...
Dolphins have a long history of rape...
Some primates ave a long history of rape...

------

This case is sickening absolutely sickening. I would hope that an appeal would result in a more just outcome.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is a he said she said case. There is no doubt the sex act took place, but there is considerable doubt about whether or not it was consensual. A deal was cut, where he said he did the crime to avoid prison, other wise there is a good chance he would not have gotten convicted.

Gotta wonder what sorted details remain, they both sound dirty. Informants is a nice way of saying snitch, and they are often some of the lowest types.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

I would be curious to hear what evidence was presented at the trial...the jury had to come to some decision for this slap on the wrist..I wonder if the district attorney in this case didn't go all in to really get to the bottom of this...so the blame for getting this guy of might be due to numerous factors that we are unaware of....if he made a plea agreement maybe they just did not have enough evidence to drag this on...
edit on 14-12-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

It sounds to me that what you are saying is that you would be curious about the victims background, and if her lifestyle deserved a better punishment in this case, because surely semen and admission isn't enough if she were some low-life. But maybe I'm wrong.

Rape is the same regardless of who did it and to whom, but that a LEO gets probation is a crime itself under the law, and a slap in the face to the victim.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Remember, that the confession came about as part of the plea agreement, and was not part of the evidence. (I'm pretty sure I'm right about that. On the tape he kept saying he thought he had consent.) There may very well have been, as other posters have pointed out, a real question of whether it was consensual.

If the prosecutor took it to the jury there was a fair chance that the jury would believe the policeman's story and find that rape didn't occur. He gets eight years of probation and will never work in any government job again. The victim initially accepted the deal, so the prosecutor went with it. Not a great outcome, but not insane, or corrupt, either.

<< 1    3 >>

join