It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Detective Rapes Woman, Gets a Few Years of Probation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here is a case of a police officer using the threat of arrest in attempts to coerce an informant into performing sexual acts, and when she refused, he raped her.

He has admitted to this act, and there is physical evidence as well, and he only gets a few years of probation. Any rapist who has been to trial and found guilty should go to jail, no exceptions regardless of their occupation.

This news has left me baffled on how blatant they are when it comes to giving LEO's a "get out of jail free card". It is not often that you hear about rapists geting away with probation only.

Philip Emanuele, a former Eatontown detective accepted a plea agreement in connection with his rape of an informant. His victim, a 24-year-old woman, explained to the court in graphic detail of how Emanuele used the threat of prison for a theft charge she had pending to coerce her into performing oral sex on him. When she refused, he raped her. She even turned in semen-stained jeans as evidence. Emanuele acknowledged what he had done in open court, and was sentenced to 5 years of probation for criminal coercion, and 3 years of probation for tampering with evidence. (more here).

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

This is absolutely infuriating !

If this would have been any "regular" citizen their punishment would have been much worse. The hypocrisy in the legal system is a complete joke. Shame on this judge for his decision to only give him probation.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: reword opening paragraph

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

This is just a detective.......Can people see why Obama (or any president for that matter) is above the law??

This is absolutely disgusting, this judge should be prosecuted for his rediculous judgement!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I would be curious to hear what evidence was presented at the trial...the jury had to come to some decision for this slap on the wrist..I wonder if the district attorney in this case didn't go all in to really get to the bottom of this...so the blame for getting this guy of might be due to numerous factors that we are unaware of....if he made a plea agreement maybe they just did not have enough evidence to drag this on...
edit on 14-12-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

I would be curious to hear what evidence was presented at the trial...the jury had to come to some decision for this slap on the wrist..I wonder if the district attorney in this case didn't go all in to really get to the bottom of this...so the blame for getting this guy of might be due to numerous factors that we are unaware of....

Yeah because admission to the rape shouldn't count right?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I would be curious to hear what evidence was presented at the trial

His semen, and his admittance to committing the rape.

What more evidence do we need?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

No kidding...there are multiple failures around this....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Dirty filthy pigs look out for eachother, and the "justice" system is geared up to protect them too. Another reason that they are nothing but scum. They think they can get away with stuff like this....because they can, and routiney do.

ACAB

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Soviets have a long history of raping women, like what happened after world war two in Germany (after Hitler was defeated), the difference is that rape was encouraged, at least here it gets somewhat of a slap on the wrist...for now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

usually the not so juicy stuff that is admitted doesn't always get published...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

sentenced to 5 years of probation for criminal coercion, and 3 years of probation for tampering with evidence.

So that's what they call it when a cop rapes a woman.

Absolutely dispicable. How he wasn't charged with actual rape is a mystery to me. He admitted it in court and the woman had the semen stained jeans but, all the prosecutor went after him for was "tampering".

I guess the case he was working on was worth more to the state that the poor woman's dignity.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Here is a case of a police officer using the threat of arrest in attempts to coerce an informant into performing sexual acts. He has admitted to this act, and there is physical evidence as well, and he only gets a few years of probation. Any rapist who has been to trial and found guilty should go to jail, no exceptions regardless of their occupation.

This news has left me baffled on how blatant they are when it comes to giving LEO's a "get out of jail free card". It is not often that you hear about rapists geting away with probation only.

Philip Emanuele, a former Eatontown detective accepted a plea agreement in connection with his rape of an informant. His victim, a 24-year-old woman, explained to the court in graphic detail of how Emanuele used the threat of prison for a theft charge she had pending to coerce her into performing oral sex on him. When she refused, he raped her. She even turned in semen-stained jeans as evidence. Emanuele acknowledged what he had done in open court, and was sentenced to 5 years of probation for criminal coercion, and 3 years of probation for tampering with evidence. (more here).

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

This is absolutely infuriating !

If this would have been any "regular" citizen their punishment would have been much worse. The hypocrisy in the legal system is a complete joke. Shame on this judge for his decision to only give him probation.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

I haven't posted in a long time....

I'm surprised if anything, they didn't look at it as if he were a jailer having sex with a criminal. What the judge has basically stated by giving him probation, was to tell other cops that it's ok to rape your informants and that nothing will happen to you, you can still keep your jobs. And I'm sorry, that's pitiful!
I don't care if this woman committed the worst crime known to man, or she were a prostitute, she did not consent to this! The judge, the DA and the cop should ALL be investigated and sued by the ACLU!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
OMG ! America, you are so screwed. This may well set a precendent. After all the violence seen already from LEO's this is very worrying indeed.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

usually the not so juicy stuff that is admitted doesn't always get published...

Well, in this incident, the "juicy" stuff that has been admitted has been published. It's almost as if it's a sick joke but I am glad it has been publised to show those who are unaware of this type of behavior existing in the police/judicial system.

When will people finally say enough is enough?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well at least the judge didn't tell the victim it was her fault for being there like this one did. And people wonder why the police have an all too common negative image. But what should we really expect when they hire people with the personality makeup of the high school bully?
Sex assault victim groped by off-duty cop wants apology from Arizona judge,

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It would seem as if some women deserving it is still a reigning mentality.

I guess we should be happy to have gotten this far. Shoplifting ain't no miniskirt.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

We need to start packing heat. If we shoot some balls off they might get the point.

5 years of probation for rape. That's some BS.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You make me laugh just about every time I read one of your posts. Unless you're being serious. Then I just read with a very stern face, waiting for the punchline.

Antonia, shoot balls!

I'm thinking you need to hop on that avatar thread and give an illustrator a dream!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Thank you,I try. It really is a sad thing to read though.

What can cops just get away with anything?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Interesting thing: When called to jury duty four months ago, I filled out the requisite questionnaire, then appeared before the judge to answer any questions about my responses before that judge determined whether I'd be on the jury or not. One question was worded similarly to this: "Would you believe the eyewitness testimony of a police officer". My answer was "No". The judge worded the question differently, presumably to clarify that I could understand the meaning of the question and wasn't simply misinterpreting it. I repeated my response. He looked like he'd swallowed a porcupine. Sensing disgust, I said "Otherwise there wouldn't be an internal affairs department in each precint - it just goes hand-in-hand when a person seeks unquestioned power".

I was excused from jury duty that day. I'd call my cat before I'd call a cop.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
To the poster (s) who thought there was more to it than reported by the OP, there is. The detective's admission in court was part of a plea bargain made in the case.

The woman said she initially agreed to the plea agreement, which would prevent Emanuele from serving jail time, because she would be assured he would never be in a position to take advantage of another person again and that “forgiving was part of [her] recovery process.”
So everybody but ATS, apparently, was happy with the plea deal at one time or another. The woman changed her mind, but the deal had already been made.

www.nj.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join