It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 15 States Opt to Run Obamacare Exchanges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Link

Only 15 states have told the federal government they plan to operate health insurance exchanges under President Barack Obama's reform law, leaving Washington with the daunting task of creating online marketplaces for two-thirds of the country. On the eve of a federal deadline for states to say whether they will run their own exchanges, a top health care policy official told lawmakers that the exchanges will start enrolling eligible families starting on Oct. 1.
This is great. The feds have tried to stick the states with a huge unfunded mandate and many of the states told OBAMA to get bent. I am happy that the majority of states have seen through the charade dear leader is portraying. I just wonder wtf is wrong with the leaders of the other 15-18 states that may end up setting up these exchanges.

the administration would still be left to set up exchanges in at least 30 states, a challenge that is raising questions about how successfully U.S. officials can implement a key provision of the health care reform law.

I hope that they fail to implement the changes and this bill falls flat. This is nothing but a huge power grab coupled with corporate welfare for insurance companies.
edit on Fri Dec 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Ironic! Most of the states agreeing to this monstrosity are either Democrat strongholds or dirt poor and more than willing to take the handout!

States Exchange Status

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Thanks for that link, but I thought Florida had already opted out? I need to check that.

edit on 14-12-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

what's the difference between state based exchange, and partnership exchange? I'm looking at North Carolina..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just another example of how extremely inept this administration is. Over half the country is ignoring the new law. Many unions don't have to abide by it, several states were exempt at the onset, government employees don't have to use it and many states are opting out. Talk about a big fat fail! GREAT plan....uh huuh

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

what's the difference between state based exchange, and partnership exchange? I'm looking at North Carolina..
Excellent question, I don't know.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I don't know either.
In Michigan, I was under the impression the Legislature had decided against the exchange.....guess I need to look it up....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The mandate isn't unfunded. It is 98% subsidized by the Fed. A number of states want the control over their healthcare programs so that's why they're choosing to run their own exchanges themselves.

Interesting that the poorest red states (and our poorest states are all red) are the ones least likely to want their poor people to have this assistance.

Well, keep the poor guy down is what they're thinking I guess.

top topics

join