It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead or Alive? Fate of hostage journalist in Syria unknown as ransom deadline passes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The deadline for the 50 million the rebels have requested has now passed and no one seems to be certain whether the hostage is alive or dead at this point... but I wouldn't be getting my hopes too high knowing the savagery implemented by these terrorists. What am I saying, they are good old freedom fighters just fighting for freedom and basic human rights, it's not like the Western world would support terrorists or anything.

The "freedom fighters" wouldn't do anything like kill innocent people or set up Sharia Law when they come into power. Don't worry... everything is fine, just go back to sleep and keep watching Jersey Shore, everything is in order, your Government is in control. After all Obama said the rebels are now the legitimate representatives of the Syrian people so you better believe it sonny! There's no need to question any of this.
edit on 14/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Glad to see essentially no one is paying attention to this thread. Good to see it. Keep up the great work ATS. Now we can just forget all about this Syria stuff and get back to discussing how Enoch was right and how gay marriage is wrong.

Keep on denying ignorance folks. *wink wink*
edit on 14/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I find it funny that people will seek the existence of UFOs or try to prove god is real or something yet when it comes to a human being who is actually real, nobody gives two hoots.. I guess it just shows how stupid we really are.

As for the Journalist, I will hunt for what ever I can find but I'm sure we will know her fate in the coming days. As sad as it sounds, Extremists usually don't blink twice when it comes to human life.. I think her fate is sealed.. All we need to hear now is the story of how Assad forces saved the Ukranian journalist from extremists... Doubt it though.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Damn it man what are you doing with all your questioning and paying attention to things huh?

But yes I agree with you, things aren't looking too good for her. Lets hope there's a positive change in circumstances soon. I would be quite ironic if Assad forces saved her. lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Were you expecting the FSA terrorists to do anything less? These are MB sunni's after all. Extortion for money is very much a part of Islamic law (Sharia Law). In all likelihood she is already dead, no government is going to pay 50 million for 1 person, bending down to terrorist's demands will just invite more of this kind of action because these terrorists see giving in as a sign of weakness.
edit on 15-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Just saw this on twitter:

1h RT ‏@RT_com
BREAKING: Ukrainian journalist Anhar Kochneva reportedly executed in #Homs #Syria - via @zaidbenjamin DETAILS TO FOLLOW rt.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Sad news if the information is correct.. Still nothing at RT for now though.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Breaking News: Liam Nelson called the FSA about Anhar Kochneva

On a serious note, i believe they killed her a long time ago, as a Russian spy/agent, most journalist in war zones are part of intelligence, it's the safest way to get a good flow of credible information from the front lines.

The problem is in Syria the FSA are ruthless JIHADI killers with no compassion, lets just hope it was quick for her.

It's the risk you take playing on front lines of war zones.

top topics

join