It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with overseas lover with war looming around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hi, this is the first time I've come to this board but I hope that it's active enough to help me at least a little. I'm in love with someone in the Philippines, and we've been in love for quite a while. Now January is coming over, we've decided to get engaged etc etc... But here's the problem.

There is war that is breaking out in Asia, and it may prevent our future in being together from happening. Sometimes in war communications are lost between countries and knowing the Philippines, it may become a battleground or the center of attention. Recently they have traded weapons with Japan to deter China, so I'm getting a little worried. China is a bully for sure but I'm a little selfish and want my love to be here ASAP.

What happens if say, in February war breaks out and we can't talk to each other? Sure, we've promised to wait for each other until the war ended if it begins but are there laws into sponsoring refuges or something the like? I'm just scared.... Thank you for listening, I don't know why I posted this, it's not like I expect anyone to respond but hopefully someone out there has a suggestion or can just re-affirm me that things are going to be okay. After all, I've had really bad dreams when I grew up about this foreign land getting nuked while I was there and I'll be there in a week for a good while. Strangely my dreams seem to match Manila but now that is a topic for the paranormal/dream section.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

The Phillippines is not going to war with anyone anytime soon!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You go ahead and follow your heart, my friend. Life is too short to worry......seriously...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Have you met this person, or have you only communicated over the Internet.......If it's the latter then it's likely a scam.

Check out this site.
www.disabled-world.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

While that may be true, they are aiding Japan in arming themselves and I think that warrants PH as the enemy as far as China is concerned. However, in the most likely outcome, it may take a few more years before there is war at least that is what we're hoping, but even better would not see war anywhere of course.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Expat based in Malaysia here,

Im curious where you got your info?
There isnt going to be any wars around here anytime soon.

I would be very careful, how well do you know this person? Did you meet them online?
if they are telling you about a war coming and possible communication being cut (that will never happen even if there is a war) I can almost guarantee very shortly there is going to be a request for money, Either for a ticket to come to you or to get their family to safety. If they ask for money either give it to them and kiss it goodbye or break communication. Im not being pessimistic it has actually happened to 2 girls and 3 guys I know.

For your sake I hope Im very wrong

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Thanks for your concern but we've been very close (like this) for well over a year a half now and been friends for years before that. This person is very well educated with a degree, works in a corporate office like anyone else (been there). We've enjoyed a lot of time together and this person can easily come to the US on their own (which they have for work in the past, but without that it can take up to two-years). Enough of that though, because there's no concern about this person being part of a scam.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

It's in the news in the Philippines. At least Yahoo and other news agencies have been reporting this. Like I said, there's no official war announcement but weapons have been traded with Japan, and a lot of people are getting their pride take the best of them. I was the one that brought up the possible war after I was reading about it, and they didn't know about it either since politics is not mahal ko's strong point (just doesn't care).

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

My bad, excuse the assumption.

That out of the way I would say relax, nothing to stress about. There wont be any wars around here and your beau will be fine

Me thinks you just missing them and maybe even hoping for a war so they have to come to the US LOL.

Long distance sucks

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Who is the war with?
If it's Figi they might be able to kick their butt.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Have you ever met this person or is this an internet thing?

If not then that's not love, that's need and lust.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You are stressing out over something that has not happened. If you want to get together, bring her over.

new topics

top topics

join