It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major problems in the Marine Corps??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Please keep an open mind when reading this. Yes, a lot of the points they bring up are kinda wacky, but still, it's worth reading. One of them was even written by a former Marine Corps officer (despite the fact he seems insanely pro-Army).

Why Marines Are Inept

Transformation Under Fire

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
so because they screwed up one attack with new recruits there crap?
he doesnt seem to show that the army screws up as well not just marine core.
and the bit about no camo on his helmet is rather stupid. the guy just got off a helicopter and hasnt even thought about which way he is going to bloody run.
and the bit about not completly haveing your mind on the job, now really can anyone really tell me that they have remained 100% profesional while in a combat zone?
this guy is former marine?doesnt sound like it.
"Only one man is needed to move a wounded marine by ATAC, but up to 2-4 men's worth of combat power can be lost using a stretcher."
one man to take a wounded one off? get real i mean the marines and army practice it but you get two guys to drag a wounded one off to make sure he gets there.
"Here marines walk into the abandoned airbase area carrying their helmets. Would they be able to get them on their heads fast enough to prevent injury in a mortar or rocket attack?"
what is it with him and mortars and rockets BTW? i think this guy was in the artilery part or something.
but really sorting the chin strap deos fk all to help you helmet , its still uncomfy and you only wear it when you know you need it.
"enemy can orient on the noise" WTF these guys were fighting a small terror camp not a bloody SF training camp. doesnt this guy know you alter tactics to fight diffrent enemy?
sure when they went to the back of the chopper it was very vunrable but mabye the officer changed the plans and needed to tell the men.
and the bit about radios,my mate in the mariens went on a live fire training section attack. thier radios broke when the marines were flanking and so the only way the other fire team knew when to switch arcs was when the grenade went off. a bullet clipped my mates boot, didnt hurt him but was pretty dam close.
the bit about not haveing door guns is interesting but they probably didnt have them availibe at the time or didnt feel the need to bring them along.
army style where the truth is saught? this guy is pretty full of the pro army stuff isnt he.
the shiny pin shows this guy isnt a combat man he is a desk driver.
"This marine obviously is bored with his Company Commander pontificating about how great he and the unit are. Its likely he wants the AAR over ASAP so he can clean his weapon, shower up and hit the town for a "brewski" and to mingle with the girls of Oceanside, California"
oook so now he can read minds. how does he know the guy was bored i mean come on i could poke twice as many holes in his analysis as he could in the marines attack.
one thing i might add is that he has not posted any views that counter his arguement and shows he is severely biased.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I look at this and wonder when this guys was last in a fire fight.

The problem isn't with the Corps itself, or with the line dogs in the field. It is with the Command, and with the Pentagon. Wrong unit, wrong mission, wrong rules of engagement.

When in Panama, Rangers were sent in to support urban combat missions. A precursor to Somalia. Light infantry does not belong in an Urban combat zone. So where are the Marines deployed? Najaf.

I guess we just never really learn anything at all.

The Spider

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spidergooch
I look at this and wonder when this guys was last in a fire fight.

The problem isn't with the Corps itself, or with the line dogs in the field. It is with the Command, and with the Pentagon. Wrong unit, wrong mission, wrong rules of engagement.

When in Panama, Rangers were sent in to support urban combat missions. A precursor to Somalia. Light infantry does not belong in an Urban combat zone. So where are the Marines deployed? Najaf.

I guess we just never really learn anything at all.

The Spider

i agree .really the mairnes are in najaf?

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The main problem for marines is the lack of modern equipment - they are always behind army - for example during GW1 they still used M-60 tanks. And they have #ty armored vehicles - just compare Bradley to the LVTP7 - it can carry 24 troops, but has zero resistance against RPG.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Both of these articles are only worth reading if someone who is bent on making the world's greatest fighting force look like a bunch of backward, sticks and stone throwing mongrels.

The authors of each article should be taken out somewhere, shot and buried, so they can't spread their slander again.

U.S. Marines are trained to adapt to situations that are less appealing to others, i.e. the Army and Air Force.

If a Marine should complain about his equipment or his living conditions, then they're not a true Marine! Should've become an Army puke if they wanted comfort!

I give both articles a
! And that's more credit than should be allowed by law!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
All your responses were the same as mine. WTF???

However, I have never been in the military, so I just wanted to make sure these articles were for real.

top topics

join