It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cern Zombie Film Shot By British Physicists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hi All,

I’ve had a look and cannot find this article on ATS. Apologies if it is.
Mods please correct if this is the wrong topic.

Link to article: news.sky.com...

The low-budget movie was shot by British physicists in a tunnel at the world's largest particle physics laboratory

So some British student scientists have filmed an 80min zombie movie at the LHC. They have called the movie 'Decay'

I have embedded the video for your viewing pleasure.

I just find it cool and a bit strange that scientists rather than media students would make this genre movie.
The movie isn't too bad, acting's not great but considering it cost about £2000 to make, its good and worth a watch.
The cause of the zombies is radiation from stray Higgs Boson particles (or something like that); I hope there's no truth in that: D

The students didn't get any disciplinary action against them as they didn’t film high security areas.

Enjoy

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ahh so cool, I'll be watching this. Thanks for the post.
I guess those scientists know how to have fun.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I watched this the other day and it was ok for the lolz.
Just shows that the students have other hobbies and fair play to them for a good first try

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I watched this the other day and it was ok for the lolz.
Just shows that the students have other hobbies and fair play to them for a good first try

I agree it shows they have other hobbies and also a good imagination, which some people tend to forgot (myself included)

Thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
Ahh so cool, I'll be watching this. Thanks for the post.
I guess those scientists know how to have fun.

Your welcome, I imagine it was really fun making it and sneaking round CERN.
It shows how big the place is, that they didn't get caught

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
will watch this and comment later

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

Cool idea, just goes to show that anyone with an imagination and a video camera can make a movie. I remember when The Blair Witch Project came out, I still like it

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sound interesting!
Will give it a watch and comment further.

Nice find, thanks!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

I am 20 mins in so far and its painfully obvious this is a student film,although saying that,everyone has to start somewhere,and I will be watching the rest.

The acting is not great though,its almost as bad a school play in fact.

However-I did notice a strange touch-if you pause at 17:50 you will see the "weyland yutani" logo(from the "alien"franchise.)
Its on the computer screen,to the right side.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

i didnt notice that before, good catch. the symbol to the right of that looks abit like the umbrella corporation from resident evil.
it was probably intentional to give the evil corporation feeling.

Yeah the dialogue between the four at is weak, although the zombies are better, but thats not hard

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the movie,the hubby and i were watching it earlier-entertaining enough

I'll watch it with my daughter later on the weekend,that should be the funniest fun-her comments
still,considering what it cost them to make,it was'nt such a bad movie.Something slightly different anyway.Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I liked the Blair Witch Project too-in fact,i found it fairly chilling.Did'nt care for the sequel at all,though.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
Thanks for posting the movie,the hubby and i were watching it earlier-entertaining enough

I'll watch it with my daughter later on the weekend,that should be the funniest fun-her comments
still,considering what it cost them to make,it was'nt such a bad movie.Something slightly different anyway.Thanks again.

Your welcome! it is different and like you say for what it cost to make it, it's not to bad, pleased you watched it and hope your daughter has the funniest fun lol

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Professor Brian Cox is a leading scientist at CERN on the LHC and was a keyboardist for the band D:Ream in the 90s - goes to show not all scientists have no other interests. This is obviously a case in point and fair play to them - not many people have access to an almost purpose made filming space.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by christafinias

If physicists made a zombie movie its worth watching it cos scientific facts sorted out, anyways zombie flicks are fun to watch.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join