It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Virtual Pool fans? Virtual Pool 4 is here - after 12 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
They released Virtual Pool 4 a couple of months ago and I just found out about it. They said it took 12 years because the technology had to catch up with the new physics features the game needed. It has much the same popular features as VP3 but better graphics, better physics and a few added features like Hustler Mode. The game I'm sure shines in the physics dept. I still play VP3 and it's very realistic in game play - almost like you are really there. I should know. I have been playing pool even on teams for over 20 years. I'm gonna get this new version soon. In January they are releasing the fuller version that also has multiplayer.

Check it out here: www.celeris.com...

Anyone try it yet?
edit on 14-12-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yeah I love the game, bought my copy a month or two back cant wait for it go live on line, I have not noticed much difference in the game play from VP3 , obviously the graphics are a lot better, and the new on line aspect of it will be great.
edit on 14-12-2012 by MrM123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by MrM123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I used to play snooker in the vp hall game for years on end. It was very similar to a snooker game i used to play on the Atari ST.
The same snooker in vp3 was crap. Sure the graphics were better, but the gameplay sucked. I find the pool games in these too easy. Reminds me of the first time i played american pool. Pockets were/are like buckets.

I cant get my old VP Hall to work under Win 7 or 8, and plays like crap in a virtual machine.

I'll definitely have a butchers at this, hopefully the snooker part will be closer to the original.

join