It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man robs bank to pay for wife's surgery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Man robs bank to pay for wife's surgery.

An elderly man robbed a bank in Carlsbad Thursday, telling the teller that he needed the money to pay for his wife's surgery.

The teller gave the man an undisclosed amount of money, but at one point the man told the teller to stop because he only needed enough for his wife's surgery.

At the end of the article, they ask for any information which may help to identify this man.

Now let me ask you, if you knew this person, would you turn him in? Be honest.

On a side note, a nonviolent bank robbery may be the most victimless crime ever. Not only are they insured, theyre a BANK. With a couple of tricks, they can simply PRINT MORE MONEY.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Sad thing would be ..is watch his wife turn him in.

Oh....The irony of marriage.

Marriage always comes with a price.......

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't turn him in and If I was in the same position as him I would do the same.
My heart broke a little thinking about how much he loves her to go through with this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Bank Robbery is bank robbery. I can understand his stress and desperation but there are victims here whether you like them or not. That being said no one was physically hurt, I wouldn't turn him in and would hope that the odds stay with him and he gets away with it. But he will likely be caught, now getting a jury to convict him he has a good shot at walking.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The wife should have robbed the bank then allowed herself to get caught. Free health care in prison!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is sad to me that people have to rob a bank just to receive medical care. It just isn't right.

I hope he gets away with it.

top topics

join