It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't the media reporting on both side of the grizzily Syria conflict?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Three of the most horrific events coming out of Syria recently have been buried, as have many others, by the mainstream western media.
I wonder why they have done very little reporting on the story of the Ukrainian Journalist Anhar Kochneva and whether she will be executed:
www.bbc.co.uk...

The link shown there is from the BBC but it has had very little coverage on the BBC and often lacks wider details surrounding the issue.

I have seen nothing of the story of the FSA executing 20 unarmed men in Damascus and nothing also of the 13 unarmed men executed in a northern town either.

There too has been nothing said of the disgusting and highly upsetting video of a CHILD being forced to hack off the head of an unarmed man.

My question is not why these things are happening. It's a war, people do aberrant things but why it isn't being reported.

I for one do not believe that the SOLE reason is that the media is controlled from within by people with a vested interest in the continuation of wars.

I was wondering if perhaps it is the same reason that we don't report the help we have given to a lot of rebel fighters in that region of late.
The same reason we have not (in Britain at least) reported the arms deals that went on between ourselves and Israel, British made bullets, weapons and vehicles used to kill people in a war that we should have nothing to do with (either side) in any kind of military sense? (would we sell Hamas the same weapons? I would love neither side to get our help to kill people)
The same reason we only report negative stories coming out of some of the more democratic and independent South American countries?

My hunch is that it is believed my media outlets that society finds it hard to see TWO highly negative sides to a conflict. That we have a monster and 'freedom fighters' or the 'good side fighting for hope and justice' and the media know that we all love a witch-hunt.
I suspect that in part they are right. People in part often don't want to see that the side they have been supporting, feeling empathy for or even just observing to be oppressed or 'defending themselves' are also 'The bad guys'.
After showing reports regarding Syrian soldiers attacking and bombing towns creating bloodbaths you have created the Davis vs Goliath image and have created another Middle eastern dictator for us to hate you have people wanting to tune in to see if the oppressed have risen up do you then go and show that the oppressed are the people hiding from the conflict and the people that many of their viewers have now possibly been cheering are too just monsters with a frightening agenda?

However, this said, all the people I have spoken to that know only what media outlets such as the BBC, CNN, Sky News and the mainstream newspapers report in the front ten pages or so have seemed to be glad that they now (after a usual and perhaps annoying and tiresome rant from myself) know that there is very much TWO sides that do not need or deserve our help or support.

That said people do often look or sound disheartened and hopeless when they find that there IS now good guys involved in the battle!
edit on 14-12-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Good points. Thank you for your insight!
edit on 14-12-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Watching BBC news with a cup of tea this morning and there is nothing at all about the Ukrainian Journalist even though the latest video made under is still breaking news this morning in the UK and the deadline for her execution has past.
Haven't checked the other news channels on the TV like Sky or Al-Jazeera England but I susspect that seeing as both of those have been showing a rather FSA-centric view of the conflict so I doubt it's been a story. Perhaps on AL-Jazeera which has been very slightly more measured and balanced.
It is on RT which I have been impressed with showing both sides of the conflict.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

I was already aware that I mixed those two letters up. I'm afraid my bleary morning typing failed me and one keys was hit milliseconds before the other.

Alas it's done now and I'm not aware of a way of changing the title.
Sorry.

edit on 14-12-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

Click the edit option in the first post and look at the top of the edit page.

ETA: I can live with it spelled Sryia,
I was just giving you some editing pointers.

On topic. I have seen a few reports in the Western media about this story but it hasn't caught on like others. I guess it's a case of regional interest?

I dunno.

I'm sure somebody will come along and say it doesn't fit into this or that agenda. Which may be true to a certain extent but honestly if more people were interested they would follow the story just like you b14warrior.

edit on 14-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you good chap.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I agree and I don't know who the "good" guys are any more and for some weird reason Russia is suddenly sounding like the voice of reason. Must be the end of the world.

ps. hello every one, long time lurker here

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
Why isn't the media reporting on both side of the grizzily Syria conflict?

Quite simple really:

Those who control the mainstream media are ALSO the ones behind all the conflicts...

Elite monopolized MSM such as Faux Noise etc. are nothing but psyop mind control propaganda.

"Doubt everything in the mainstream apparatus and assume of they are airing something, publicly, it is agenda driven. There is sooo much secrecy, you can assume if it’s getting publicity, it’s engineering consent for some future modus operandi, and not to be accepted blindly. Also, consider the people bringing you the news and ask yourself who they are working for. And then ask who their boss is working for... Try to go till you can’t go further..."

Link ~ WHO Controls the Media

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Because they know it is a fulfillment of Bible prophecy. When Damascus is utterly destroyed, we have another proof that the Bible is accurate: Damascus Thread

As events become increasingly out of the governments' control, they will hide in there caves from what is coming.

Hiding in Caves Thread

Isaiah 2

19 People will flee to caves in the rocks
and to holes in the ground
from the fearful presence of the Lord
and the splendor of his majesty,
when he rises to shake the earth.

20 In that day people will throw away
to the moles and bats
their idols of silver and idols of gold,
which they made to worship.

21 They will flee to caverns in the rocks
and to the overhanging crags
from the fearful presence of the Lord
and the splendor of his majesty,
when he rises to shake the earth.

Revelation 6

15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us[f] from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their[g] wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

TBH

The same reason they dont do more exposing on Benghazi........

The same reason they dont expose foreign policy on continued bungles in Afghanistan, Egypt, and now Syria......

The MSM on this side of the pond is so in the pocket of this administration..........that they WILL NOT touch anything that casts Obama in a bad light or exposes the policies he operates in, as anything less then stellar.......

If it stinks, or seems fishy, they will not touch it.........or they downplay and criticize anyone who displays an alternative view......I mean, if he was sending arms to the rebels and supporting their uprising, and this whole thing turns out to be a huge catastrophe with the rebels turning to alqaida and possibly using chemical weapons on civilians.......do you REALLY think they want those policies exposed in the media? I think not.....

Its been like this for a long time, but it was bad the last 4 years, and it just gets worse.........

Prepare for more
edit on 14-12-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I believe its the same as Libya, use well trained, well armed mercenaries to do all the dirty work winning all the ground and then send in the snackbar crew with the media, and every now and then this FSA really does get caught up in a real fire fights and that's what we see, not the real fighting

Because I'm not buying it that these idiot FSA are winning all these battles, and claiming to shootdown F16's and Gunships with AK47's and crude homemade weapons.

There a well organized military force behind the scenes at work in Syria, and we can't know about it.
edit on 14-12-2012 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

top topics

join