It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxman to Middle Class: "‘Bend Over"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Taxman to Middle Class: ‘"Bend Over"

President Barack Obama in 2008, and again during the 2012 election, promised absolutely, positively no tax hikes on the middle class.

But with Obama safely re-elected, some Democrats now speak the truth: The middle class, contrary to Obama's promise, will see substantial tax increases in order to pay for the welfare state the voters once again signed on to by re-electing Obama (like Romney would have been any different

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
People did say "enough!"
First it was the Tea Party
Then it was Occupy
What option is left but rebellion?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I would agree that the original Tea Party which began by Ron Paul supporters to protest Bush were true tax patriots. While some of those values remained, the movement was hijacked and morphed into an anti-Obama group.

Its my impression that Occupy was simply objecting to the financial inequities in our society. I didnt get the impression (just my opinion) that they took issue with tax and debt slavery.

If we could just get mass non-compliance. If people would stop paying taxes, that would be a massive revolt.

But theyve made it incredibly difficult because now they "withhold" our money.

edit on 14-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Bwahahaha

The jokes on them.

I'm too poor to pay any taxes.

Wish that wasn't true.

Sad panda.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
We are ALL ENTITLED to the fruits of our labor. It is a God given or natural RIGHT to keep our income. NO one, NO government has a right to take it from us.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

*rubs eyes* I was beginning to think I'd never see the day... FINALLY somebody who actually gets it. Fina-fricking-lly somebody who isn't scared of getting steamrolled by the recipients of Obama's gifts or by the Human Shield operatives of the upper class. Those two sub-segments of society really seem to outnumber us right now on ATS, but by God at least we stand here today firmly on the side of the Constitutional RIGHTS we were born with as Americans... even if those rights have been pissed on by the very government that lied when they promised to always defend them. It is way past time for the life blood of America to stop funding these absolute idiots the moronic majority keeps sending to DC and simple refuses to pay any of their illegal, immoral, and insulting taxes.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

^

This never ceases to make me laugh.
It's also true.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
Bwahahaha

The jokes on them.

I'm too poor to pay any taxes.

In a childish way I'm enjoying all this. The people have spoken and they picked Obama again, so they get what they deserve. Now as THEIR taxes go up (not the 1%ers) and THEIR cost of living doubles again I will be sitting back with my popcorn bucket watching the show.

I basically have zero sympathy or compassion for a large percent of our population that will be hit from both ends every soon of less money and more cost.

All I can say is ENJOY!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Small problem, there's a decent number of us who are collateral damage, being brought down alongside the Obama gift recipients who re-elected him in November. I sure as hell didn't vote for Obama and I sure as hell didn't vote for higher taxes. Many of those who voted for Obama, in fact, are among those who pay next to nothing in taxes and live off of the rest of us. I'd have much rather seen the use of flea powder to eliminate those parasites rather than see the dog they're leeching off of shot to get rid of the flea problem.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I blame the American people for never thinking any further than the next election.

No one cares about fiscal responsibility. No one cares about the individual rights of the people.

All they care about is whose team will win and what they can get out of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

edit on 14-12-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

"The only problem is — and this is, a little, initially going to seem like heresy from a progressive — the truth is everybody needs to pay more taxes, not just the rich.

Did he really say it's "heresy" from a progressive to demand tribute from all slaves?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh!

In other news, yeah they won't reach any kind of a "deal", since they never intended to. The Taxocrats will blame the Redumblicans, and the Redumblicans will blame the Taxocrats, and they'll get more Monopoly money to spend on Obama's wars.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Unions are evil they are communists. People who do not make a lot of money refuse to take responsibility for themselves. Buzzwords dont seem to pay their bills. Seen as everybody has a grudge with the lower classes organizing themselves to strike for higher wages, because I aint gonna pay a 20 Dollar burger, they now need assistance after minimum wage has been kept successfully low.

Not saying the middle class subsidizing cheap labor for the rich and consumption, so mostly the rich can make more is the way to go.

new topics

top topics

join