It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Shower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
While I was on my way home from work, I saw 6 metors. The Dracnid, I do believe. I have never witnessed one, I Was In Awe......Can no to wait to see tomorrow nights show, i f work permits...Please do!!!

When is the next warm one??

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm jealous

Please do your best to video these events. For those of us in the US pacific northwest. It has been overcast for several days and the forecast is showing no signs of letting us see the show

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

i saw a shooting star tonight i believe i was lookin south

i hope one day a meteror hits close enough to me and has enough mass(but not too much) so i can take it and hide it. i will then spend years in japan learning the art of swordsmithing, after my journey i will come back and forge a sword from my hidden meteorite, i could then die knowing i have the best sword in the world. i would name it

heavens wrath.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
What you're seeing is the Geminid meteor shower.
It peaks at dawn today....it's nearly 2 am here in Northern Il , I have seen several but not enough to stay out in the cold,lol.
You'll be able to see some in the following days also.

Enjoy !

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
While I was on my way home from work, I saw 6 metors. The Dracnid, I do believe. I have never witnessed one, I Was In Awe......Can no to wait to see tomorrow nights show, i f work permits...Please do!!!

When is the next warm one??

I'm not sure what you mean by warm one, but the shower going on now is the Geminids.

On this page is a lot of information about meteor showers and when they happen.

Link

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I just came in from 23 degree weather. Clear as a bell here and in about 15 minutes I saw 10+ meteors. It's so awesome - in the most literal sense. It doesn't take long for them to pop up. Step out for a few mins and you're guaranteed to see one. If I had better equipment I would record some. Sorry guys..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
just saw another while i was smoking i was looking north this time

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
hihihi how lucky you are..
, in my country there is nothing

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I can't see anything. It's raining
edit on 14-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It is very overcast here and so while I was out smoking I could not see anything but gray and black... I love to see them though.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I did not get to see anything last night, as it was cloudy, and it will be tonight also.....DAMN.....I saw a bright one, it left a blue streak in the sky, I was looking north, south, and west. It was so clear the other night, I even got out the binoculars, and layed on the trampoline for a while. It was very cold, had carharts on and everything!!!! I wish I could record some stuff and put it on here.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bronagh

What I meant to say when is the next metor shower when it will be warm outside.....didn't get the full thought on here sorry...But yes, you sound you were pretty close to where I am, north-central Indiana. I woulda done anything to be at Lake Michigan that night. Oh well maybe the next one!!! Thank you for the link for the other metor showers, it is very much appreciated.
edit on 15-12-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think a good meteor shower is a lot better than fireworks. No loud booms and they last a long time. No cost to taxpayers either
They are best viewed with an Ice cold beer in the hand around a small campfire

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I would have to agree with you there, alot safer to!!! I have had a few accidents with morters and sparklers!! I look forward to the next one. You can have the beer, I'll have a few glasses of wine!!

top topics

join