It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Terrorism Agency to Tap a Vast Database of Citizens, even if there is no Just Cause

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Look what's going on while the media obsesses about the fiscal cliff. I ask you, what happened to the 4th Amendment? From the Wall Street Journal

U.S. Terrorism Agency to Tap a Vast Database of Citizens

The key words:

‎"The rules now allow the little-known National Counterterrorism Center to examine the government files of U.S. citizens for possible criminal behavior, even if there is no reason to suspect them … The changes also allow databases of U.S. civilian information to be given to foreign governments for analysis of their own."

The expansion of the National Counterterrorism Center generated very little excitement on ATS... yawn...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember when surveillance of calls between known terrorists abroad and US residents was a huge deal . . . because it was the evil Bush administration? Now we have snooping on US citizens with no cause whatsoever . . . .but by the 0bama administration, and seemingly it is a okay. Where is the MSM on this?

For the 0bama-big-government-is-here-to-help-us crowd. This is from Atlas Shrugged:

This is their goal and it comes straight out of Atlas Shrugged:

"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it. . . There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."
("Atlas Shrugged", 1957)

I'm waiting for ATS's 0bama crowd to defend this.

Although perhaps you should think twice before you post in this thread... be very afraid.

edit on 14-12-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Dec 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
One more thing to take note of, this happened before the election. WSJ where were you?

So 0bama got reelected, but who knew?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Looking at the directions of both the entities (government and citizens) their energies are moving in opposite directions. If this pattern holds true to history there will be a peasant rebellion in the future. Really no way around it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

The "Vast Database of Citizens" makes me think of all the people that registered on whitehouse.gov and signed the petitions to secede.

That list alone will keep TPTB busy awhile.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Interesting take on where they will begin. I would guess you are correct.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You linked this before todays events.
Now it makes more sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
are you really still hurt that HE got reelected? or what? I just don't get it.

you had a really interesting post happening there. I see absolutely no reason whatsoever to have brought an overt political perspective into it. there is nothing inherently political about the subject you wish to speak on here....has nothing to do with it.

ruined the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

That part about civilian data based being shared with foreign governments is even more disturbing that the original privacy concerns raised.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

wow, I recently read an article on how these counter terrorism agencies would infiltrate suspected terrorists and provide them with the opportunity to conduct a terrorist attack, in essence providing the atmosphere and the means necessary to arrest them...

who doubts they would do it again now with a broader list of names to shift through...

scary

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
S&F,
"Foreign governments" can look at our "junk" too?
Our Chinese landlords must be growing impatient.
eff them both then.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I second the poster above me citing the ability to turn over documents to foreign governments, yikes

I do think the government has been using databases for a while now, the difference is now it is legal, and we can't fight it. There is supposed to be some petition to sign to have this overturned and the problem with that of course, is now they have another database to add to their collection.

I read through some of the responses and one of them had an interesting thought. The mentioned that since their mortgage insurance was backed by the government, the government has acess to a listing of all their assests, and what a great way to start figuring out the "assets taxation" of 3-5% they have been throwing around. This made me think of FEMA. We are now legally required to own flood insurance (which we tried to fight, don't even get me started, I should start a thread) and while it is underwritten by a company of my choice, it is federally regulated I think, although I could be wrong, but I suppose our file is already there as my husband is a gun-owning retired veteran. Oh, the possibilities with this is endless!

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Hahahaha, yes there is nothing political about this. Pay no mind to who is implementing this unconstitutional database. Am I upset 0bama was reelected???.... You bet, I saw this and so much more coming...

What is your point, really?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I really enjoyed reading that excerpt from A.S. for years I have been running around with that idea in my head, about my relationship with the "law". turns out it was one of the many messages that truly stuck with me from the book.

with that in mind, I honestly don't care about privacy anymore. more specifically, I don't care who knows what about me. I am unashamed and unapologetic, and i own my words and behaviors completely.

that, of course, does not change the fact that these men are completely effing evil.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Interesting take on where they will begin. I would guess you are correct.

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, they've already started.

Just the other day I went to my pharmacy to get Rx filled and while there received a copy of my rights under HIPAA. Not very much privacy left in there, and it seemed not to be a copy of my rights, but rather theirs.. in that in the 6 page copy I was made aware of 15 different ways (some with definitions & examples) that my private info. can be shared (even SS# and medical info.).. and not only with medical field, but with other companies and even in other countries. Of course not leaving out the FDA or DEA, police, investigators, caregivers (understandable, but w/o sig.), and more...

Our privacy rights have been stripped almost naked, and though I have nothing to hide, I am a very private person and enjoyed the illusion that I actually had privacy in this country. None of us do.

I don't know if Pearl Harbor or 911 was a conspiracy or if the Gov't simply went with the 'never let a good tragedy go to waste', but either way they used 911 to strip us of all the freedoms we used to enjoy-even if it were an illusion-it's all gone.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
are you really still hurt that HE got reelected? or what? I just don't get it.

you had a really interesting post happening there. I see absolutely no reason whatsoever to have brought an overt political perspective into it. there is nothing inherently political about the subject you wish to speak on here....has nothing to do with it.

ruined the whole thing.

^This

Considering your source was dating back to 1953 (?was it), making the entire issue pretty much bi-partisan

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

You did see the part in my post about this first being implemented in 2004 under the Bush administration? Did you follow the link to the older and related ATS thread?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

when there aren't enough criminals one makes them

Hm, you must be referring to the war on "terror" with all those millions of terrorists just waiting to come over here ( I read there was a whole 300 Taliban in Afghanistan), or are you talking about Mexicans? Or single mothers, or environmentalists, or atheists, or war protestors, teachers, union workers, the media or liberals in general?

Republicans already outlawed everyone.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yes I understand, but their goal was mentioned in '53, so both parties are representing and both are equally responsible and share the same mindset of the most damning principles.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is immoral but normal. The US Government has no morale.

top topics

join