It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet's alignment Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
When do you think the planets will line up. It looks like the outer planets are already lining up. And how long do you think it will take for before mercury and venus blocks the suns rays and how long do you think before the sun's rays shine through.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I just posed a similar question, but as it turns out ( I admit... I thought there would be an alignment, but I didn't think it would do anything harmful... just look interesting)...

There will be NO alignment at all on the 21st.

Disappointing, I would have loved to have seen the planets in the days before line up before disappering behind each other.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
More about the non-existant alignment from NASA:

Q: Could planets align in a way that impacts Earth?
A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. One major alignment occurred in 1962, for example, and two others happened during 1982 and 2000. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

And even more about the alignment. Sometimes, science might be more boring than fiction, but at least it stops us from worrying. Have a happy 22nd december and an even happier new year. It will be one of many to come as Earth endures in the cold empty space.

Alignment info
edit on 14/12/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/12/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Is Nasa the only source against the alignment? I keep seeing things everywhere talking about an alignment, from documentaries to books, and so on..... So I have trouble grasping who is right. Nasa is doing everything they can to down play anything to do with 2012, which is a little weird because if it was really nothing to worry about, you'd think they'd ignore it. It seems to me that by saying nothing is going on, is just a ploy to keep people from looking any further. Sorry but, I don't trust nasa.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

You could always ask an astrologer. They're really trustworthy.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think the alignment that will be is galactic, if you read below there is now way of knowing if this will happen or not beforehand.

In fact, astronomy cannot pinpoint such a "galactic alignment" to within a year, much less a day. The alignment depends on the rather arbitrary modern definition of the galactic equator, and/or the visual appearance of the Milky Way. There is no precise definition of the Milky Way's edges -- they are very vague and depend on the clarity of your view. (Jenkins says that he personally established the Milky Way’s edges by viewing it from 11,000 feet, far above anywhere the Maya lived.) So to give a precise visual position for its centerline is not meaningful.

From www.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I wasn't meaning the 21st of December I was just looking at the planets in there current position and it looks like the outer planets are lining up. The inner planets are not, I was just wondering do you think all planets will Aline. Sorry I didn't put this in the right forum. I was asking a question for someone in the astrology field.. or anyone with knowledge in the planets.
edit on 14-12-2012 by pike13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
OK, we'll start with a link. www.youtube.com... If that doesn't fill your alignment needs I don't know what will. Hope to see you on the other side... Regards, J www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I was thinking if they were to line up it would be like the three day's of darkness that is talked about on here a lot. It probably won't be on December 21 but it looks like eventually they will line up.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
. It seems to me that by saying nothing is going on, is just a ploy to keep people from looking any further. Sorry but, I don't trust nasa.

You don't have to worry about people not looking any further. This 12/21 hysteria is being hyped everywhere from Sunday newspaper inserts to commercials to sit com plots. And you can bet all sorts of folks will be scouring the world news in search of any event that can be even remotely construed to satisfy the doomsday predictions.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Go to a free website called Solar System Scope at this URL: www.solarsystemscope.com...
You can set the time and date to see the planetary placements according to what you have set.
If you set it to 21 December 2012 at time 11:11 am, you can see there are no major planetary alignments at this time, even though the Galaxy is passing through he Galactic Plane at this time;

Here is the URL to the website: www.solarsystemscope.com...
edit on 14-12-2012 by O11Snapper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by O11Snapper
....even though the Galaxy is passing through he Galactic Plane at this time;

The sun takes 25 million years to go from below the glactic plane to above it. We passed through it 3 million years ago and are moving futher above it, so it wont happen again for 20 million years or so.

The amount of false rumours surrounding this date is epic.
And people are suspicious of NASA? Why aren't they suspicious of the idiots who spread imaginary nonsense?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pike13
I wasn't meaning the 21st of December I was just looking at the planets in there current position and it looks like the outer planets are lining up. The inner planets are not, I was just wondering do you think all planets will Aline. Sorry I didn't put this in the right forum. I was asking a question for someone in the astrology field.. or anyone with knowledge in the planets.

The planets have "aligned" before, well as close to an alignment as you can get with differences in orbital planes. Just search May 5, 2000. Mass disaster was predicted for that date too, nothing happened. You will even find webpages about the "enlightenment" the date brought. Which how enlightened to think people's been the past 12 years? Apparently not too much since people are falling for an "alignment" doom date all over again.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
SO much hype, so many rumours, from both sides of the coin... Official sources cannot be trusted because they wouldn't want to cause panic, imagine if nasa said it was true, people would freak out. So anything official is going to be sugar coated and led away from the truth, and if they have known about it for years, then they've had years to prepare false information to send to the public.

On the other side of the coin, we have independent researchers that are not from official sources, their findings completely conflict with official findings. But they do use current times as evidence of a change and i'm sorry to say it but they see a lot more accurate than official sources. There are major changes happening in our solar system and on this planet itself. Is it really hard to believe that all these changes aren't leading to a big event that as foretold by the ancient civilizations?

If nothing is going to happen, then why is there so many changes occuring? What explanation does nasa give for this? Why did the ancients know about it? Why would they track a 5125 year cycle make a calendar about it, and then call it just another day? What would be the point? Our calendar ends on dec 31, but it signifies the end of the year, a completion of the earths rotation around the sun..... What does the mayan 5125 year cycle signify? How can it be nothing when they clearly went out of their way to track it?

So much confusion, and so little answers. One side says nothing to see here, the other side says everything to see here. There are so many people talking about 2012 being a major event its not even funny, there has never before been a date in history with this much mystery surrounding it. It's ridiculous. I find it very odd that official sources aren't open to any possibilities other than nothing happening, why are they so focused on telling people its nothing, why are they bothered by it at all if there is nothing to see here? Why is nasa making videos about it? Why doesn't the president of the united states, go under oath and tell people its all garbage? Ugh, I just want the date to come and go so we will finally have our answers. For better or for worse.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pike13

You can use your eyes right now and see that there will not be any major alignment.

Jupiter surely would not be included because of where it is in the sky right now as compared to Mercury, Venus, Saturn and Mars.

Due to the size of Mercury and Venus, they could both line up one in front of the other and directly in front of the sun and you won't notice a difference in the sun's light, unless you are using a very sensitive instrument to do so. This is because of their distance from us and the sun. Right now the only object out there that could block out the sun's light is our moon during a solar eclipse, and sorry no, the moon will be in it's first quarter on the 21st (IE a half full moon).

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

or you know you could use the stellarium program and see for yourself... it's not rocket science.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
dubble
edit on 14-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

There are so many people talking about 2012 being a major event its not even funny, there has never before been a date in history with this much mystery surrounding it. It's ridiculous. ....

Maybe you should do a little research into cases of mass hysteria and group psychology.
Remember that due to the internet, that 'group' doesn't even have to be physically located together and can encompass the globe.

Mass Hysteria Incidents

edit on 14-12-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join