It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to Christians about the Middle East.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The Middle East was the land where all the biblical prophets and Jesus lived.
Yet it has been predominantly Muslim for the last 1400 years. I'm curious to know why you think God let the middle east to become predominantly Muslim.

I mean, if Christianity was the true religion, then God should have converted all those pre-Islamic Arabians into Christianity, right? I'm sure many of you believe Islam is a false religion and that Mohammad was a false prophet who misled the Arabs. If so why according to you, did God jeopardize the souls of billions of Muslims who could have just as well, been made Christians and therefore "saved" like you?

Discuss.
edit on 14-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Can I count as a christian? I pick and choose what to read out of many religious books and don't take most of it literally. I am a follower of Christ though..

Reading the translated Koran, I see many mentions of Issa and Mariam.. Jesus and Mary.. The Koran isn't so different from the bible, and Jesus was one of the main prophets in the Koran. He may even be the most quoted prophet in the Koran, key word quoted.. No disrespect to the last prophet.

I don't care about "the holy land"
God doesn't act.

Funny my mom had Muslim and Jewish friends and they used to argue over and over about which of them should have the holy land.. Eventually they both agreed that the Christians should have it.. Just throwing that out there..

Since I actually believe in having no symbols before god I don't believe land to be special. Or churches, OR priests, Or Crosses, Or mangers... OR even the bible as a symbol.

I AM My own holy land.

Real Christians probably have more interesting answers.

This feels like it may be a very interesting conversation.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Why would Allah allow Jesus to be called god and be worshiped by billions of people before sending in Muhammad a whole 600 years later? Why would Allah allow muslims to always come out looking like the bad guy? Whether it be media spin or whatever. Why is Allah allowing the slaughter of his followers in Syria to happen unabated?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If you don't know much about biblical prophecy regarding the middle east i would do some research there. It will answer many of your questions.

In very very short, satan plays a role in the happenings of the world and leads it away from God (the truth). God proves His existance through various means including fulfilled prophecy leaving the choice to you and I weather we want to be in God's presence or not.

Current middle east is controlled by lies and schemes to trick the population.

For example, when i was in afghanistan, maybe 2 out of 60 people could read, yet they still all run their fingers over the text of the qaran and pretend to read. All they know is the lies fed to them and nothing else.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why would Allah allow Jesus to be called god and be worshiped by billions of people before sending in Muhammad a whole 600 years later? Why would Allah allow muslims to always come out looking like the bad guy? Whether it be media spin or whatever. Why is Allah allowing the slaughter of his followers in Syria to happen unabated?

All these are irrelevant to the simple questions asked in the OP.

But as for the second question... muslims are the "bad guys" only in the eyes of some fundamentalists. Luckily, their perception is not objective reality.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I suggest you read the book. It's very very clear why. Read it before posting such a ridiculous question.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why would Allah allow Jesus to be called god and be worshiped by billions of people before sending in Muhammad a whole 600 years later?

Replace the word "Allah" with the word "God" and it becomes a question that Christians should be asking themselves. Its a variation of the same questions I had asked in the OP.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

I suggest you read the book. It's very very clear why. Read it before posting such a ridiculous question.

Ridiculous way to answer the question.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

God let the middle east to become predominantly Muslim.

according to most christian religions God is all about free will, So God doesn't let anyone do anything, it is the persons choice, so it seems that they chose to be muslim. either way though organized religion is bullship, its all about the force,

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

The Middle East was the land where all the biblical prophets and Jesus lived.
Yet it has been predominantly Muslim for the last 1400 years. I'm curious to know why you think God let the middle east to become predominantly Muslim.

This one is fairly simple.
God abandoned/punished Israel for their rejection of Christ. Jesus Himself said it would happen; Paul elaborates on the point, while the OT prophets talked repeatedly about the fact that Israel herself would be rejected, and would not be returned to their land for a great period of time.

If we take Isaiah as an example, the book repeatedly expresses a pattern: Rejection / Regathering / Revival.

This pattern is consistently represented throughout many of the minor and major prophets. For a great example, read Isaiah 51-52.

This pattern is what we've seen in the past 2,000 years.

This same pattern is repeated in Romans too, for a New Testament example:

Israel was rejected for their rejection of Christ (Romans 9 - but there remains a remnant who are God's, Romans 10)
...but will be regathered (Romans 11)
...and will be restored (Romans 11:26-27).

Zecharaiah talks about this restoration too, in chapter 12:

"And I will pour out on the house of David, and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and supplication. Then they will look on Me whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn."

(Zechariah 12:10).

We have seen the beginnings of this time period - with the regathering of Israel and the restoration of the land to the Jews (1946+), and will see this restoration and revival in the coming years.

I mean, if Christianity was the true religion, then God should have converted all those pre-Islamic Arabians into Christianity, right? I'm sure many of you believe Islam is a false religion and that Mohammad was a false prophet who misled the Arabs. If so why according to you, did God jeopardize the souls of billions of Muslims who could have just as well, been made Christians and therefore "saved" like you?

This is really a much bigger question, and probably deserving of a thread of its own. However... Just like I do, every single Muslim has a choice. Follow Christ... or don't.
I don't see how that equates to God "jeopardising the souls" of muslims.

Becoming a Christian isn't about who you are, or what you do. It's all about what Jesus Christ has done for you. In the case of Muslims, this isn't even about ignorance, it's about blatantly denying the truth about Jesus Himself. Muslims deny that Jesus died on the cross, they deny that He was the Son of God, and ultimately they're denying that He has the power to save - and instead, trusting themselves for their own salvation (because that's what Islam is - an attempt at salvation through works, the 5 pillars and so on).

Christ died not so that we could be in bondage to works-based salvation; He died because He knew that works simply do not and cannot save. As Isaiah says, "all our righteousness is as filthy rags". Nothing we do can ever provide equivalence with God - yet Jesus Christ, "for whom it was not robbery to claim equality with God, made Himself nothing; taking upon Himself the likeness of a servant... and became obedient, even unto death - the death of the cross!"

This is the heart of Christianity - that what we were powerless to do (make things right between God and man), God Himself did, in Jesus Christ, on the cross. Taking everything that prevents us from being in God's presence, and bearing the punishment for it Himself.

So... it's not about jeopardising anybody. God has already done everything that needed to be done to save us. We're left to make that choice. Do we accept that offer? Or do we reject it, and figure "nah, I'm good enough on my own"?

The point is this.

Religion - ALL religion - is about man reaching out to God (and yes, that's true in all religions, whether they have gods or not - 'God' being the ultimate being, or ultimate ideal etc.).

Christ is about exactly the opposite. This is the only time and place in history where God Himself reaches out to man.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Just like I do, every single Muslim has a choice. Follow Christ... or don't.
I don't see how that equates to God "jeopardising the souls" of muslims.

Its not as easy as "follow Christ".
The Muslims believe they have the truth... and will not give it up for Christianity. They cant simply become Christian by just reading a tract or watching a youtube video. They will not give up the religion they were born into.

So if Christianity is the only way to be saved, then Muslims are going to have a hard time being saved because God made them Muslims. It like if babies born into the Christian world have a better chance of being saved while babies born into a muslim family have a very low chance. If God wanted everybody to become Christians, why didn't He turn Arabia into a Christian region... why is it Muslim instead?

edit on 14-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Awen said: "Muslims deny that Jesus died on the cross, they deny that He was the Son of God, and ultimately they're denying that He has the power to save...Christ died not so that we could be in bondage to works-based salvation; He died because He knew that works simply do not and cannot save. ..Jesus Christ...became obedient, even unto death - the death of the cross!"...This is the heart of Christianity.

Christ "died" when He became flesh.
The cross is a metaphor for crucifying oneself unto the world, i.e. abandoning earthly attachment.
This is the meaning of "the second death", being dead to sin and reborn in the Spirit.

And that is the heart of Christianity.

top topics

join