It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by iSHRED

How I know god doesn't exist:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could just as easily be titled, "How I know Satan exists."
edit on 14-12-2012 by CudiTheKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CudiTheKid

I understand where you're coming from with that.

This is just my opinion, I don't have statistical data on it but I think that many people that aren't religious probably were exposed to religion at one time or another. They're not necessarily people that just don't know better.

Of course you are right and some people have never been exposed to religion or are closed-minded to the idea that something may be out there.

On the other hand, some people are closed-minded to the idea that something may not be out there. I've been told many things about many different religions and I sure don't have the answers. It's all very fascinating.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

You know how I know God doesn't exist? 20 dead kindergartners. That's how. No amount of "there is a plan", or "it's his will that can't be understood" BS will change the fact that 20 children died horrific deaths for no reason today. Please put down the ancient bronze age guide to hypocrisy written by sheep herders and just treat people better. It should be that simple.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by strangeday

I see what poster: lambs to lions was talking about in that other thread. A new account, a single post, just to bash religion. That is odd. Maybe there is something weird going on with that.

lambs to lions original post about that: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: corrected user name, added link

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by blackcube

I am not denying the fact you have an experience and you believe it was Jesus. But it doesn't mean it was Jesus or whatever other deity.But... anyway whatever...

No that was to your question to another poster about truth.. There is one main truth and that truth is ONE.

Before you get all pissed, I am NOT attacking your beliefs. I am NOT saying you are wrong. What I am saying is that I do not understand your answers.

That statement has no meaning. Zero. The truth is ONE??????? And that's the basic issue. You ask a fairly simple question: "What did God tell you?" or "How do you know?" and you get meaningless answers. You get "feelings" and "you just know!" and "You won't ever know until you let the Holy Spirit enter you." Stuff like that, which makes no sense. You get, "You must be open to it" as if I must believe before I get the reason in the first place. Or you get Bible versus quoted back at you that to me have no relevance at all. believers often act like it's my fault I don;t understand what they are saying.

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

Obviously, the death of 26 people, mostly kindergarteners, at Christmas time, while we're seemingly ignoring the nation's pain, by distracting ourselves with petty differences, is insulting to some. So much so that they made an account to post a reply as such.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangeday
reply to post by iSHRED

You know how I know God doesn't exist? 20 dead kindergartners. That's how. No amount of "there is a plan", or "it's his will that can't be understood" BS will change the fact that 20 children died horrific deaths for no reason today. Please put down the ancient bronze age guide to hypocrisy written by sheep herders and just treat people better. It should be that simple.

I couldn't agree more...how can anybody believe there is a god when 20 children were killed for no reason? I fear for the modern world when we are led by a 2,000 year old book filled with contradictions and hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by strangeday

There is evil at work on this planet, the human race does not control the Earth, despite the illusions set forth that make us believe we do. Just saying "treat people better" sounds good, but up against a force greater than us, it is almost meaningless. It sucks, it really does, but the satanic agenda (or malevolent aliens/entities for those that prefer) is very real, and is working very hard.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It's ALL one thing. That is one truth.. Differing degrees of experience of this concept will give more or less the understanding of what that actually means. All things one thinks are true ,are but one description of the world. I could explain a tree to a hippy a lumber jack and a banker.. A hippy will see life, an lumber jack will see lumber, and a banker will see money, and they are ALL right.

Words are only words. They rely upon common meaning, and common concepts. When concepts go beyond (not better than, but further out from) the average experience, the average experiencer who has sought out a more physical life will not be able to see what those words mean.

I can talk about a map, but I cannot show the map key at the bottom that translates it into our common experiences.

Words are relative.

I'm not judging you, and I don't think you are being mean.

You are right that we can not communicate about this. It is why "religious" people, mystics shamans, speak in cryptic sounding phrases. The only way you will understand it is to grasp at the meaning, and accept it when it finally comes, but no rush to an answer.

I am not trying to spread my beliefs on anyone. I just wanted to explain them. I don't think you said that I did, but I wanted to make that clear to everyone here.

I always maintain that God does not act or speak for that matter except people can speak, people closer or further from spirit... Messengers are all around for all different things. I never said God spoke to me. I merged with God. It's the best thing I can ever remember happening to me in my life time..

Maybe a word change? I could also call God the Force, or the Source. I don't think God is a He except that creation is an outward flow into expanding space. That means the first Source Big bang is masculine and the expanding space is feminine. My God is both..
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
The bible speaks about giving up your life for Christ, and when you do this you will be transformed. I heard this my whole life and called myself a Christian but I didn't commit my life to the principles and way of living taught by Jesus. One day about 7 months ago it all clicked for me. I desired the truth more than anything and when my heart was fully committed to the truth is when i found it. God entered me via the Holy Spirit as referenced in the bible. My life and the way i lived it changed from that day on.

For you to fully desire the truth yet rule out God or anything else, is an oxy moron. You dont fully desire the truth if you rule anything out. Now i know the truth and what is not true. If God is all powerful could He not give me the knowledge of the truth??? Of course He could (all powerful).

And it's not about just believing what someone tells you and blindly following anything, it's about fully committing your heart to the essence of truth and the desire to know it and live it, even if it means going against what you currently believe.

I would call Christianity a conspiracy however in that it is a world religion. The world is Satan's dominion and the things in it are false. It is clear that there is evil in the world as well as in each of our fleshly desires.

Christianity won't save you, Jesus will save you and set you free from the world. My attitude and thoughts are no longer dictated by the actions of others. My love for someone is not dictated by what they say to me, i forgive because i was forgiven, i love because i was loved. I desire for all of you to find the truth because i care about you, you will know when you find it.

Knock and the door will be opened.

Ah yes,I'm glad you have found you're truth.I'm not putting you down or disbelieving the validity of what you feel.I'm sure you've heard of the placebo effect.Belief can be a very powerful force,it can cure disease even particularly when you really want to believe.

We humans can be fooled by our perceptions especially by ourselves.If you FULLY desire to find god it is surprising that you find him even if he isn't there.I've never felt the presence of god even though I've been open to it.My gut feeling is he isn't there.

Why is your knowing based on feeling and perception right yet if I claim I feel,perceive the lack of god then it's because I don't want it enough.i.e wrong !!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I wasn't saying he was wrong. I do agree that people should treat each other better.

I was just pointing out the single post/bash religion connection. It doesn't always happen in the wake of such a horrific tragedy.

We're all trying to process the horrible trend of violence in our own way. The town it happened in is about a 30 minute drive from where I live. It hit really close to home. I am far from unsympathetic to the turmoil the families, the country and the rest of the world are feeling.

Please don't take my post as callousness. I'm sorry if it appeared to come across as such. We're all looking for answers.
edit on 14-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

No, you don't"know" God exists, no one does. If you really did "know" or really "believed" then you wouldn't shun the smelly, homeless, "undesirables" that claim they hear God all the time. Unless of course God only talks to people who dress nice, own homes and have access to a shower

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I wasn't attacking you. I was merely defending our newest member.

Welcome Strangeday.

I noticed, while clicking to check the correctness of our new member's name, how new you are too! My my, what a coiningkidink.

edit on 14-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

in this post, you admit to entering this thread under false premise. you, apparently, have some kind of Gnostic approach. (Christians disavowed Gnosticism centuries ago).

so you can hopefully understand our confusion when nothing you have to say supports the OP, but you came here supporting him.

it seems likely to me that your support of this fellow will do more harm (to him) than good. poor guy is being led down the primrose path, and you just took his hand.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Nothing at all weird going on. This was the first thing I felt strongly enough to post about. I used to try and "live and let live", I'm over that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

in this post, you admit to entering this thread under false premise. you, apparently, have some kind of Gnostic approach. (Christians disavowed Gnosticism centuries ago).

so you can hopefully understand our confusion when nothing you have to say supports the OP, but you came here supporting him.

it seems likely to me that your support of this fellow will do more harm (to him) than good. poor guy is being led down the primrose path, and you just took his hand.

Me and the OP simply disagree. I thought we agreed at first. Words are tricky like that.

What me and the OP agree on is that there is a "holy spirit" and that this spirit came into us and led us down the path of growing up into an understanding of who we are and what we are doing. And then we each Found God in this way.

I could almost say I have a gnostic approach, except that it is my understanding they think God is Nothing. I experienced God as everything. I don't think the Big bang truly came out of nothing, and that's where me and gnosticism jump off, in the beginning.

I do understand the confusion and I have stated as much. A few times. It isn't something I can help, but to keep responding to any questions. Please be easy on me, I said I was going to leave until tomorrow but my baby girl got home from the pre school/track out/after school just a bit ago, and I am feeling a little better, but I'm still emotionally shot.

edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I don't agree with ANYONE in this thread, but i enjoined the exchange.

I am leaning toward "going easy" on everyone. we all seem to be emotionally strained ATM.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have to ask this question.

Why is it so important for some of you to believe any form of GOD exists?

Ask yourself...do you have any memory prior to birth? Do you feel that the period prior to your birth was a period that in any way could be labeled Bad or Evil?

Thus if your answer is no then why would you have any worry about the period at and after death? I know that a lack of tangible proof of what exactly happens or does not happen at death and after has a lot of people frightened but regardless of this would it be so bad if the concept of continuing on in some Human like body after death was fantasy?

The way I look at it is that if I die and that's it...I won't be around to worry about it. It will be the same prior to my birth. If there is some other form of existence then that is a bonus.

One thing I am certain of is that what people and organized religion believe and teach about what is GOD is nowhere close to the possible reality. If there is a GOD then it will be much stranger and complex than the Human mind can conceive of.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

What me and the OP agree on is that there is a "holy spirit" and that this spirit came into us and led us down the path of growing up into an understanding of who we are and what we are doing. And then we each Found God in this way.

Can't that be the same "Holy Spirit" as the Catholic's "Holy Ghost" and the native American's "Great Spirit" and any other archetype, unicorn or fairy, we'd like to insert here?

edit on 14-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join