It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Not everyone sees eye to eye with you about taking Jesus as a personal savior, because it is said that he was the son of God, born of a virgin, died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead.

I do NOT believe that either. I AM NOT Christian!

Excuse my confusion, but you came into the thread of a person who declared the Bible to be true, to have a direct knowledge of God's existence and has taken Jesus Christ as his personal savior. In your first post you expressed your agreement with him.

I forgave your confusion earlier but now you are backtracking to the beginning? I agreed with him about God, and the words he said about Jesus, were what happened to me, but he is not my personal savior or whatever you are talking about..

I later disagreed with him, when I saw more of his writing. Check it out it's all there..

Then you slowly changed the script and claim not to be a Christian, that you don't understand the link between God and Jesus, and, that you don't believe in the God of the Old Testament, even though you cite Genesis as proof that the God of the Bible is the creator.

I see how that one is confusing.. I talked about genesis as the GOD that IS. THAT God had one action Big Bang, After that God exists here as something Like LOVE, Truth.. I say it's not the old testament god in relation to Judgement and Noah and floods and all of that stuff. You see, some things they understood and others did not get.

It's not my proof that he is the creator, that is my own Truth from my own experience. The Genesis part was just to show the garden of eden and it's coded meaning, not that god is creator.

So, while you mock me for my ATS input in threads that express an alternate view of pre-flood and biblical history, you yourself have incorporated alternative views, nonchalantly, into your personal religious viewpoint that you claim as truth.

I brought it up because you were doing that to me first. Now you understand your actions.
I am NOT religious. I don't claim my views as TRuth and I have told you over and over. The Only truth I claimed is that I KNOW God. That is all.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Dustytoad

I made a reference to 33 vertebrae and Jesus being 33.. The spine being "the way."

Yes, I saw that post. I think 'chakras' make a good deal of sense.....as "metaphysical" as some think the idea is. Auras, vibrations, etc.

But, you know what? I have an extra verterbra. 34, and I am in regular treatment with a chiropractor, who has, in the last 16 or so months, made my spine look NOT like a corkscrew anymore......it is straight, and strong, and my health is great.

So....the 33 thing ...... I don't know.....

Chapter 39: The vertebral column
Vertebral column in general

The vertebral column usually consists of 33 vertebrae: 24 presacral vertebrae (7 cervical, 12 thoracic, and 5 lumbar) followed by the sacrum (5 fused sacral vertebrae) and the coccyx (4 frequently fused coccygeal vertebrae). The 24 presacral vertebrae allow movement and hence render the vertebral column flexible. Stability is provided by ligaments, muscles, and the form of the bones. The abbreviations C., T., L., S., and Co. are used for the regions, and these are sometimes followed by V. for vertebra or N. for nerve.

Source

The Snake sits at the base of the spine.. It flows up into and through all 33.. That's the only reason the number 33 comes up. You having 34 isn't "average" haha. But glad to here you got that straightened out.. hahaha Pun!
Shouldn't affect you in any way in spiritual regards.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Your speak in a way that all can understand in simplicity of the Truth. You explain what true faith is with an ability to cancel out the human complexities that muddle people up and make them trip inside their own faith.

Thank you for reminding me that because I have been forgiven and loved, I should reflect such forgiveness and love towards all people through HIM. Regardless of the hurt done against me or the manipulated lies in distortions aimed at attacking me.

The truth is simple but we are really great at complicating it so that we eventually get lost. That is why prayer, fellowship and listening to HIM -HIS WORD is what returns us consistently to the simplicity of it all. In this way we are also protected against ourselves.

Thank you.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I love Jesus, but do not like religion. Christianity is a conspiracy.... my opinion too.. of course.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The only thing I can tell you:
Is that I have seen the face a Jesus (only one time, it was reflection, just for a second, I was not thinking about Him at the time)

Then some days later in my bed, at night, when I was suffering, I felt something, a litle like hot or energetic, flowing from the center of mi chest...and then I under stud that I was not alone ... I felt true love ... I think...

In the end ... It's a feeling ... that clears up lots of things about you and life.... it haves no easy explanation.... The truth comes to you... at that time you will understand... that He (Jeus/God) is in Heart... then your life will change... if accept the truth...

maybe there are other ways to find Jesus or God... I will let you with this:

THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10

at www.jesuschristsavior.net...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I love Jesus, but do not like religion. Christianity is a conspiracy.... my opinion too.. of course.

Wonderful post mamaJ. I may not view Jesus as automatic savior, but I also don't need to be saved, not in that way. Jesus came to me, and showed me what I needed to see, merged with me, and let that golden light pour down my skull.

It's hard trying to explain to people that I Love God, and Found God through Jesus.. While maintaining I have no religion.. Why is it so hard to believe?

Or If I tell my Jesus encounter story, people really think I am christian, or worse crazy.

I agreed with most of the video, very artfully done.

@voyger2 I really enjoyed those words..
Once you know, you know, can't go back now, and trust me when it first happened my scientific mind rebelled like a ....

God will always have a place in my heart. Jesus is awesome.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Can I ask you something, what exactly do you believe about Jesus? You just pick and choose which scriptures about him you wish to believe? You just ignore the things he said that you don't agree with? Or you attribute those to men just making things up, while the stuff you do agree with are the things Jesus actually said? I'm not trying to agitate you or anything, I am just having a hard time understanding your rationale.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
It's hard trying to explain to people that I Love God, and Found God through Jesus.. While maintaining I have no religion.. Why is it so hard to believe?]

It's just like the OP said: "The world is Satan's dominion and the things in it are false."

We've been lied to our entire lives about EVERTHING.

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
~ 2 Corinthians 4:4

All of us have been brainwashed to some extent whether we believe it or not.

We have been lied to by religion, by education, by media, by EVERYONE.

Most of the lies center around keeping people in the dark about God and eternity.

Remember who hated Jesus more than anyone else: those in charge of RELIGION...

Religion HATES truth.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
To the Op- if it brings you peace and happiness from within you then go for it, you have found God.

Your description was very interesting as replacing "God" with "Higher Self" - reminded me of a buddhist view. But I don't want to take this away from you - if it works for you then so be it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Religion HATES truth.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

I still keep looking for what exactly is this TRUTH people like so much to talking about.... Can someone explain to me?

The OP complete ignored the same question in the first page..
edit on 14/12/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It's Like this more or less.. It is why you cannot find the answers by thinking. It is why you just KNOW.

When I met up with God, it was through Jesus' Love.. Now remember as a preface I am NOT christian ever went to church except recently for my girlfriends parents at easter, nor have I read much of the bible.

Jesus' love started in my chest and grew into my whole body as I sat there meditating. I knew it was Jesus for some reason, though I was extremely confused by this. The energy got stronger and stronger and my heart overflowed. I am sitting on my futon in my room eyes closed.

I start vibrating at this point. I'm shaking, and then I start noticing that I am not my body, and my body starts doing it's own thing.. My arms raise up as my head tilts back. I am not afraid anymore because of Jesus' Love.
My spine straightens out and my arms are now in a welcoming from above pose...

This is when my body or soul or some part of the universe that is me says in almost a sly way "HI GOD!" Like what in the world?? They knew each other apparently?

This is when a surge of energy Shoots up through my spine like a lightning bolt. Shhheeeeeennngggg! is a sound I hear in my head or maybe it was a physical sound I don't know.

Golden liquid like glowing warm honey starts pouring down into the top of my head, and sort of sticks to the sides, as if it's covering me.. As this is happening the energy is still flowing up into me from the bottom as well..

Then It all clicked together into ONE thing. It clicked in my head (my third eye?).. All teh forces united, I was at the center. I was not a body all I could see was glowing golden ness everywhere. I couldn't see my room or anything else but golden light. Then the golden Light WAS me. I was God. I was everything.

Then after about 5 minutes of this consciousness being one with me, and me Knowing so much all at once (which I forgot all but a few things, it came at me too fast to hold it..) I started seeing my room..

My arms are still held up, but my head was now facing straight forward.

I looked at the clock and realized that 5 minutes with God was 1.5 hours. I try to put my arms down but they are stuck. (they were sore for days, holding them like hugging a tree parallel to the ground, for 1.5 hours)

This is when I opened my eyes.. Opened my eyes? How did I see the clock? Haha but yea this is when I opened my eyes.

I was full with energy for weeks.. The connection never left. I still Love God, I still Love Jesus.

Jesus came later and spoke with me, and I know it was not my subconscious because of what he said, and how his words meant 40 different things all at once. He imparted knowledge and words about myself, things I judged other people for and showed them all to me in about 3 seconds he rattled out 4 sentences with perfect structure that were everything bad about me..

He said it in a way that I could not hear the words, they went directly into my soul like daggers. His eyes were like lasers. Piercing into me sort of like a 1900s photo..

All at once I felt loved again, and felt grateful he had humbled me, and made me Love God.

He then proceded to turn into golden light starting at his head, but he turned mostly into light, I could not see his outline.. Then my avatar appeared between our faces. He Tells me with the Force that could really move mountains "You WILL! be enlightened!"

It hit me so hard I was scarred of him.. He asked if I was affraid, but he already knew everything about me without having to ask. This is when he departed, as I tried to lie and say I wasn't afraid. My soul always gave me away, and answered before I could..

So those are 2/3s of my encounters.. All of them are on the boards, and I tell the story a lot, if it changes a bit, it's cause my memory is a little bad, and I have trouble articulating. I end up with many edits, so just know that.

That's my story. So No I am not religious, but Jesus is my man, and I Love God.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2

The only thing I can tell you:
Is that I have seen the face a Jesus (only one time, it was reflection, just for a second, I was not thinking about Him at the time)

Then some days later in my bed, at night, when I was suffering, I felt something, a litle like hot or energetic, flowing from the center of mi chest...and then I under stud that I was not alone ... I felt true love ... I think...

In the end ... It's a feeling ... that clears up lots of things about you and life.... it haves no easy explanation.... The truth comes to you... at that time you will understand... that He (Jeus/God) is in Heart... then your life will change... if accept the truth...

maybe there are other ways to find Jesus or God... I will let you with this:

THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

OK. At least you tried, but to me this is a non-answer. Quoting the beatitudes is not an answer. At least you say you felt something, but I do not understand why "feeling something" equates to God speaking to you. Externally I feel cold and hot. Internally sometimes I "feel" something in my chest, too: emotions such as fear, yearning, even relaxing after a hard day, the pleasant feeling of yawning, for example. But some sort of "feeling" does not equate to God. Seeing a picture of the face of Jesus is easily explainable. None of this answrs the question, "What, precisely, did He say to you?"
edit on 12/14/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid

Can I ask you something, what exactly do you believe about Jesus? You just pick and choose which scriptures about him you wish to believe? You just ignore the things he said that you don't agree with? Or you attribute those to men just making things up, while the stuff you do agree with are the things Jesus actually said? I'm not trying to agitate you or anything, I am just having a hard time understanding your rationale.

Know and no belief is needed. belief comes from reading other's words. Knowing comes from direct experience.

I am not religious.. I have met the guy.. He may as well be god, which is the part I don't understand, but it's ok. Jesus is Love, and that is all you need to know about him.
Stop trying to use the bible as my defense it is not.
I can quote as I wish, and only quote out of convenience because I have learned these things directly. And like using things people may be familiar with to say my point. I also posted a Masonic Ring, and I don't agree with the masons, but some of their views may be right, I am not a mason, so I don't know.

I only LATER found a bible after meeting my current girlfriend. This means I found a bible maybe 2 years ago, but more like a year ago, that I actually looked through it really..

I met Jesus some 9-10 years ago?? Something like that.

One part of your post though I don't trust man's word. In fact I only trust myself to find truth. First source only for me. My experiences first hand, where they meet up with the bible I agree with. And when I see fear and control I steer clear.

I am using a computer that I don't have the manual for, I pick and choose which parts of it work, based on what I know about using the computer. Does it mean I may be missing stuff, Of course, but the stuff I do have is pure Gold.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The problem I have with your testimony is that: you said yourself that you not knew much about Jesus before and you know that it was him.

From psychological point of view, you have a construct of what is/should Jesus. An mix-and-match of elements from different sources (tv/hearsay/popular culture) and labeled it as Jesus. But your source is the Bible? Or just a mix-and-match from who knows where...

But the problem is... you could named your experience with other name and still be valid.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Sorry, but I didn't get much of anything out of your response. I guess I'm just not capable of understanding your rationale.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube

The problem I have with your testimony is that: you said yourself that you know much about Jesus before and you know that it was him.

From psychological point of view, you have a construct of what is/should Jesus. An mix-and-match of elements from different sources (tv/hearsay/popular culture) and labeled it as Jesus. But your source is the Bible? Or just a mix-and-match from who knows where...

But the problem is... you could named your experience with other name and still be valid.

RE-read it .. I didn't even know really what jesus was.. My only understanding was that he was gods son, somehow which confused me, because what the ef am I.

That was my only idea of jesus. I never read the bible My parents were hippies.. I grew up with beatles music playing in the living room every night, or it was Neil young, or beach boys or jefferson airplane... And they drank every night.

I didn't even know what a church looked like.

You may not know what Chapel Hill is like. But I knew and Loved Gay people way before ever meeting a christian.

If you meet Jesus you will know too.

My soul knew him for some reason... Later I looked up as much as I could (on the internet) mostly trying to see what he was supposed to look like, as I hadn't seen a picture of him in a while. had an idea that he had snadals white robe and a hippy look I guess. When I saw him he looked way more scary than I have heard christians talk about..
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid

Sorry, but I didn't get much of anything out of your response. I guess I'm just not capable of understanding your rationale.

Simpe:

God IS Love.
Jesus IS Love.

Love Thy Neighbor As Thy Self.

That is all.

You calling it a rationale tells me you should look into what words mean and what I am saying. I am not rationalizing through thought something I believe.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

RE-read it .. I didn't even know really what jesus was..

You are wrong because as I explained before... You have a construct of what Jesus is/was... don't matter if you hadn't read the bible yourself. Only if you lived ISOLATED in a small village in the Amazon you wouldn't have a construct and let's face even the amazon indians are not safe from the preaching from religion folk that go to endless means to spreed the word to everybody. And yes... I live in Brazil and lived close to areas where indigenous lived ... I have a VERY good idea what length the religious preachers go to spreed the word of the bible.

Anyway... you didn't lived in such environment therefor you have an idea (the correct term is construct) of what/who was Jesus.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Now you're just being an ass. I know exactly what rationale means, and it was the correct word choice.

Rationale: the fundamental reason or reasons serving to account for something

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
When most people try to define or describe "God," what they usually end up meaning is that they have a physiological response, a feeling that is like mild vertigo with dizziness, mild nausea, and nervous anxiety. Like a feeling of "vastness," or "unknowing." Basically, a feeling of ignorance. A feeling of "you don't know what."

That's all well and good, but it really doesn't fit the standard description of God as being an omnipotent and omnipresent supernatural entity that is not only responsible for the creation of the universe and life, but also actively monitors and controls everything that happens in the universe from the movement of galaxies to the decay of subatomic particles. A feeling is not something that cares whether your favorite team wins a ball game, or whether you pass your math test. That definition of God is inherently paradoxical and illogical, and makes any claim of such a poorly defined thing foolish at the core.

The Gnostic Jesus talked about the creator being as something (if you can even call it a "thing") that is essentially incomprehensible to human beings because it is on a completely different level of existence, and therefore out of the equation. Worshiping or praying to such a thing was ridiculous, since there was no way to deal with it in any way that was meaningful to us. Instead, Jesus told his followers to concentrate on being nicer to their fellow man, since human life is such pain and confusion that it's just stupid to make it any worse by being dicks to each other.

So, if you want to define that feeling of ignorance you get as "God," it's about as good as any. But trying to interpret or justify or shoehorn that feeling into a standard Judeo-Christian notion of a superbeing is just an exercise in semantics. It's just a lot of words that don't mean anything if you really think about them. Words. Words. Words. Words. Blah blah blah.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join