It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Don't stereotype me. It's dangerously close to labeling me simply because you've decided I'm not worth the time necessary to actually understand me

Now here's a point where I do have some recent interest. I know you claim deist or agnostic deist. But you really seem more all over the place very often. So I know you keep me off balance quite a bit AI. By being such. I've even seen posts by you that look totally Christian. Am I off topic ? I think it's relevant.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Dustytoad

I Am Not a Christian Silly.. Is the Word God too hard to read without your western mind jumping to conclusions?
Jesus' words are only misunderstood by the fact that you do not realize WHO you are..

Don't stereotype me. It's dangerously close to labeling me simply because you've decided I'm not worth the time necessary to actually understand me.

Want me to take time to get to know you.. Why don't you be a player and not a hater. Tell me. I am all ears. Your posts have all been in the negatory towards a made up idea of what you think I think,

so what is it YOU think.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

How can you argue the OP? He isn't saying anything about you. It's all about him. there is no way for you to see what he knows. Does he know? I don't know, but he didn't promise anything to you. Or have you never heard where to find God? It's not in an ATS thread.

It's in your heart.

I would, if iShred hadn't started a discussion he/she knew was unanswerable and hightailed it to avoid being caught out on not participating in an argument they started. It was pointless, OP did it, a crapfest followed, and OP ran.

His last post was on page 2 out of 25 pages. Where is he now, I wonder? Where are all his amazing answers for how he knows this "God" is real and not just a fictional character? Did he provide any evidence? Any train of logic? Or just assumptions and opinions, as is always the case with these threads?

My assessment stands.
edit on 17-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Why not just do it.. Jesus even explained how.. It's not by worship. It's not by hope. It's not by faith. It's not through judgement. Just let go and let it flow.. Open your third eye. Let the consciousness in.

Once again, this is exactly the opposite of what Jesus taught.

You say (again) as if we have been talking. Yes it is what he said. You misunderstand that sometimes he spoke as God, and not a man? I can do the same. You don't get to the kingdom of heaven but through me..

When thine eye be single the whole body shall be full of light.

What you bring forth in spirit will save you, what you do not bring forth in spirit will destroy you.

The bible has you Neo!

Meanwhile you can wait all you like.

edit on 12/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Why do you care about the OP?
I thought the discussion got better after he left?
that's a matter of perspective though I guess.

You just referred to God as either real OR a fictional CHARACTER.
I think God is not a character. Maybe it would be easier for you If I just put I think everywhere?

I think that in this fractal universe everything is connected as one thing and everything affects everything else as a fractal, which means that anywhere the pattern changes ie one human soul, the pattern has to continue all the way up and all the way down the spiral.. Infinitely small and infinitely big..

Could you explain what you think?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I would, if iShred hadn't started a discussion he/she knew was unanswerable and hightailed it to avoid being caught out on not participating in an argument they started. It was pointless, OP did it, a crapfest followed, and OP ran.

I agree. OP may be young tho AI. And if he ran from you ? I don't blame him.

edit on 17-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Show me where those verses are. If you don't, then I know you're making it up as you go along.

Yes, Jesus did say to get to the Father you had to go through him, meaning it was only because of Jesus' death than any of us were even able to gain access to God in the first place, but not the way you think.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Show me where those verses are. If you don't, then I know you're making it up as you go along.

Yes, Jesus did say to get to the Father you had to go through him, meaning it was only because of Jesus' death than any of us were even able to gain access to God in the first place, but not the way you think.

Nope.. Jesus is not a man.. He is a way.. It's a path YOU must walk down, even though there IS a path.

And those are all real bible quotes. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I'll have to search them all down though, because I don't read the bible.

Would someone who doesn't believe half the bible make up bible quotes? I Jest!

One of those quotes (bottom one) is from nag hammadi, and was not included in "god's word"

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

His last post was on page 2 out of 25 pages. Where is he now, I wonder? Where are all his amazing answers for how he knows this "God" is real and not just a fictional character? Did he provide any evidence? Any train of logic? Or just assumptions and opinions, as is always the case with these threads?

Personally, if I was the OP and a possible new Christian, I'd freak too over all of this talk about how everyone is accessing their so called "God" in different ways after telling everyone that the Bible wasn't important. I bet he's eating his words right now. I'd run too.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Personally, if I was the OP and a possible new Christian, I'd freak too over all of this talk about how everyone is accessing their so called "God" in different ways after telling everyone that the Bible wasn't important. I bet he's eating his words right now. I'd run too.

Fear is NOT God's way. Standing and clearing it up is the way. Christians are so fearful of self responsibility that it must be anti christian to find God on your own? I don't think jesus told me to read the bible did he? Seems it didn't exist yet.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I watched your video, but I havn't been finding your thoughts on the whole matter?
How does your God compare with mine?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

In my humble opinion (if I can call it that), one day... when you meet Jesus, it will be big time (i think) and then you will cry...

He truly His the Path, the Truth and The Life.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I'd run too.

I just wonder if AI actually thrives on what a scary character he can be, or if he realizes it even.

Voyager

He truly His the Path, the Truth and The Life.

If there is anyone hard enough not to cry. I think it will be AI. Sadly of course.
edit on 17-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Nope.. Jesus is not a man.. He is a way.. It's a path YOU must walk down, even though there IS a path.

And those are all real bible quotes. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I'll have to search them all down though, because I don't read the bible.

Would someone who doesn't believe half the bible make up bible quotes? I Jest!

One of those quotes (bottom one) is from nag hammadi, and was not included in "god's word" .

Yes, it's obvious your first sentence isn't a Bible quote and you don't know who Jesus is, although you seem to think you're speaking for him. In fact, you even mentioned that you didn't know what the connection between God and Jesus was in the first two pages of this thread.

edit on 17-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

He's kinda a record on repeat, and then every once in awhile it skips to a new song, and everyone is left confused.
I fear the day he flips over the record.. Whoa!

All in good fun AI , i'm only kidding.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I just wonder if AI actually thrives on what a scary character he can be, or if he realizes it even

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I am not the topic, so it's a moot point. Should I remind you of what the topic actually is? It's right at the top of the page, beneath the forum category name. That's what we're talking about, not my personality.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yes, it's obvious your first sentence isn't a Bible quote and you don't know who Jesus is, although you seem to think you're speaking for him. In fact, you even mentioned that you didn't know what the connection between God and Jesus was in the first two pages of this thread.

Which sentence? You are the one telling me about jesus, so you are speakign for him. I'm only quoting what he said. Besides I talked to the guy..

The connection between god and Jesus was kind of trolling I guess you could say. I had originally hoped it would spark a more focused discussion on the Jesus God connection. I fain ignorance.

"When thine eye be single the whole body shall be full of light. "

this quote??

HERE:

Matt (6:22)
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

Happy?

And then this one:

"What you bring forth in spirit will save you, what you do not bring forth in spirit will destroy you."
is from gospel of thomas..

Or maybe you meant this one?

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
~John 14:6

THE WAY, not THE MAN... You have to do it the same way.. It's your action to take. Truth IS the Way.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

I just wonder if AI actually thrives on what a scary character he can be, or if he realizes it even

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I am not the topic, so it's a moot point. Should I remind you of what the topic actually is? It's right at the top of the page, beneath the forum category name. That's what we're talking about, not my personality.

Quite right ! I do apologize.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Fear is NOT God's way. Standing and clearing it up is the way. Christians are so fearful of self responsibility that it must be anti christian to find God on your own? I don't think jesus told me to read the bible did he? Seems it didn't exist yet.

There were already a combined 26 texts and books of the Old Testament already available to everyone at the time of Jesus.

Do a keyword search for "scriptures" in the Bible. Jesus spoke of them and quoted from them.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Let's look at more of those verses...

Matthew 6

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

It means to focus on God and not mammon. It has nothing to do with a "third eye".

Do a keyword search for "divination" in the Bible and see what it says...

Definition of divination:

Divination (from Latin divinare "to foresee, to be inspired by a god",[2] related to divinus, divine) is the attempt to gain insight into a question or situation by way of an occultic, standardized process or ritual.[3] Used in various forms throughout history, diviners ascertain their interpretations of how a querent should proceed by reading signs, events, or omens, or through alleged contact with a supernatural agency.[4

en.wikipedia.org...

The Bible says specifically not to do it or practice it. This is how all of the people of the Old Testament got led astray, worshiped other gods, and were condemned.

God knew that they wouldn't be able to differentiate between the spirits.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join