It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorShip
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

totally. that's why we need to create a society that deals with our existential problem. a society that will talk about the absurdity of reality, a society that wont let corporations impose its control. a society that does not leave anyone out, a society that doesn't need to have negative behaviour because we make sure that everyone is fed and looked after - and educated to perceive how unique an opportunity it is to be alive (ergo will not be obsessed with meaningless things and left to rot in suburbia with no future ahead of them because of the governing forces keeping it that way).

I admire your determination and in some ways your belief but that's a whole lot of work just there. Overcoming thousands of years of cultural and social control ain't easy. They've got guns, you have words. Also some will rebel from the beliefs of such a society, people are like that, so you'd have to either exclude them or waste them. It ain't simple. Good luck on your works though.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorShip
reply to post by Deetermined

Weak. Nothing random about me. So don't even try to deligitimise me with that terrible statement. As if you have any coherance or ground to stand on

I thought you just spent numerous paragraphs earlier telling us that you didn't know anything.

You mentioned something earlier that sounded like universal consciousness, but you couldn't explain it, so it appears pretty random to me. You live in the NOW and all that. Did I misinterpret something.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Lol, Terrible logic. Fairly dissapointing. That text has been in existence for 2000 years. Some bastards could instigate war in any place they wanted. It makes it LESS legitimate because it is easy (especially with NO TIMELINE) to instigate conflict at this place ANY TIME, and suddenly you're like. I told you so!!! Therefore christian god is real and everything else in the bible lol lol lolgic.

It would only take 50 years to apply the appropriate social and economic pressures to a country til it collapses.
edit on 16-12-2012 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

No, I'm talking about this particular post from you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I don't know ultimate reality, thats what I meant
for example, I can learn about the current standard model that describes the behavior of atoms, yet, these ideas do not actually represent reality, they are abstractions

What didn't I explain exactly? I was offering a hypothetical situation through logical deduction. Did you think I was claiming reality? Why does it appear random to you? Please be more specific
Your sentences are becoming more random, like you're just trying to find loopholes, but it's not working. Desperation on the rise.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

thats just the thing though. why do you care so much about your life that you wouldn't want to lay it down to achieve something truly miraculous? you didn't create yourself, you're just a passer by.. So why ignore responsibility for direct control of reality, and try to make it a better place? The way I see it, we live a pointless existence if we just die out prematurely. My life becomes worth so much more when I fight for a golden future in unity
Much like jesus would have thought no doubt!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

So, if Jesus' plan or teachings didn't take hold, you think yours will?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

What didn't I explain exactly? I was offering a hypothetical situation through logical deduction. Did you think I was claiming reality? Why does it appear random to you?

Because you don't claim a sense of reality? It did appear like a bunch of random thoughts to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Ultimately it's irrelevant! Because It's the right thing to do.

And actually, jesus has had a huge impact on many people - many of those people not even religous. Jesus was just an awesome philosopher who, in my eyes, was against organised religion (only to be deified by evil-doers of christianity).

So potentially, with many others like myself pushing these ideals, there is a chance we will have success. And if we don't, it doesn't matter! We'll probably destroy ourselves if we fail at achieving unity ~ What's your gripe anyway? you rooting for satan? trying to put me down so you can enjoy your long anticipated apocalypse?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

What? I don't claim a sense of reality? I have many senses of reality. What are you getting at? Maybe you just can't comprehend what I'm saying? I admit I did rush it.

edit: can you stop making these pointless one liner questions and actually answer my questions from your original question? Stop being an idiot

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

Jesus wasn't against religion. He said he was going to build his rock and church around the knowledge that he was the Son of the Living God. What's not religious about that?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I choose to believe many of the things people said jesus said were not true. I also choose not to believe in him doing supernatural things. I believe his supernatural ability was his stark awareness and ability to discard religion. Religious people just got scared and wrote about jesus as their central figure, even though jesus was ultimately against this very thing.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Every single time the Bible has been printed in a new edition the wording has been changed. The stories in the Bible reflect the struggle and horrid conditions that Christians went through under Roman rule.

To make a connection with what is written in the Bible and current events is misguided.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

LOL! That is the PROOF you have provided? LOL!

At least you can look up the actual translation of the Bible as far as what I stated.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

One other thing. I am both curious as well as amused that a so called "GOLD MEMBER" would resort to personal attacks rather than just debate conflicting viewpoints of an issue.

You do yourself a disservice.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

One other thing. I am both curious as well as amused that a so called "GOLD MEMBER" would resort to personal attacks rather than just debate conflicting viewpoints of an issue.

You do yourself a disservice.

Split Infinity

Besides dodging my call to refute the evidence that you're WRONG. I'm amused by what you consider an attack.
Do you always exaggerate like that ?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

As I have said...you statements are unbecoming such a decorated member. What is even worse is your deflection of what anyone can see as your obvious actions.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Y'know the fact we're all on ATs discussing "stuff" means we've probably got more in common, outside of the belief thingamy, than it often appears.

I do occasionally get the urge to revert to childhood and shout "fight ! fight ! fight !" like we used to do in the playground when people started fighting.

Sorry way off topic but needed saying.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I hope you're joking, considering you've already admitted you can't prove yours isn't just in YOUR head. Just keeping it fair here.

Well then to be fair why don't you miss a beat just once. You don't keep anything fair cause you aren't the ATS ref.
However please all me to retort ? Just because something can' be proven to you . Doesn't mean I don't know it to be true. So quit hitchen and interrupting please.
edit on 16-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I hope you're joking, considering you've already admitted you can't prove yours isn't just in YOUR head. Just keeping it fair here.

Well then to be fair why don't you miss a beat just once. You don't keep anything fair cause you aren't the ATS ref.
However please all me to retort ? Just because something can't proven to you . Doesn't mean I don't know it to be true. So quit hitchen and interrupting please.

WOW!

Unfortunate.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join