It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

It sounds as tho you believe anyone can just start a war like you start a car engine or something. How many wars have you started ?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

That area is full of believers that will start something because they believe it's the prophecied time.

You cannot deny that possibility. They are ready for war because they expect one, and will start a big war because it is time.

I don't think anyone expected the fight that started in Syria the way that it did.

It's not to anyone's advantage.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The Bible is not a reliable text to determine reality. The Bible has many writings by many people which have been selectively placed into it as well as mistranslated as well as changed for the purposes of the powerful.

As example Moses did not part the Red Sea....this is a MISTRANSLATION. Moses crossed the REED SEA. This was a marshy tidal area that separated the Med and the Red Sea. Even the Vatican has admitted this was a mistranslation and when asked why the Bible has not been changed to the reality...the Vatican answered...to change this story now would confuse the Faithful.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The Bible is not a reliable text to determine reality. The Bible has many writings by many people which have been selectively placed into it as well as mistranslated as well as changed for the purposes of the powerful.

When was the last time it was changed and how does that affect today? I don't think that's a logical argument.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

As example Moses did not part the Red Sea....this is a MISTRANSLATION. Moses crossed the REED SEA. This was a marshy tidal area that separated the Med and the Red Sea. Even the Vatican has admitted this was a mistranslation and when asked why the Bible has not been changed to the reality...the Vatican answered...to change this story now would confuse the Faithful.

Split Infinity

Proof you are totally wrong Spirit just waiting for you to refute.

He likes to dodge in and out of threads like some kind of phantom .

edit on 16-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I only said it was a possibility.

I am or was an avid prophecy watcher, those who made prophecies in biblical times could claim it was of god, but was it from the prophets own head?

I am not discounting prophecy, not yet anyway.
Prophecy is a tricky thing though, and some of it is really vague.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Prophecy is a tricky thing though, and some of it is really vague.

I agree. Very tricky when it isn't blatantly obvious.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

aw, trying to attack me now :p

No, we can imagine it for sure. but imagination is based on our current ideas, so we could be way off! Yes, we would need to go back in time, pre "big bang".

haha, i am loving how cute you are, trying to get me with the "science fact stuffs!!!".

"You're trying to tell me my childish beliefs about a fear-mongering creator of the universe are wrong? WELL HOW ABOUT YOU TELL ME EVERYTHING ABOUT REALITY LOL LOL."

This is how it is.

Experience, human is aware. This awareness is manifested in a complex array of matter. (typically known as the brain). Let's just say, after a long time, many of the possible combinations of matter, manifested as an aware entity in reality.

Where did we come from? Well we don't know, eventually we measure that there was a "big bang" and a "singularity".. So, what caused it? We don't know. What we do know, is that we didn't suddenly pop into existence as a complex form, one second nothing, next second, complex brain. doesn't happen like that.

So anyway, I can totally allow room for other consciousness to exist in the universe (pre big bang even, though i don't really know). So if there was a consciousness that existed Pre-BB, then it would have a similar problem to us. The environment would have already existed - and some kind of fluctuation (like the big bang) caused a "movement", which led to energy/matter going through all the various possible forms.. Eventually the pattern becomes coherant and mimics the kind of pattern we might see in a human brain today, something that indicates awareness/feedback/experience. So, you have one single conscious entity in a void of space, we could call it "god", but this entity did not create the reality in which he manifested. It's competely illogical to think of a being that created itself. Just like us, we formed from something we cant necessarily comprehend, and any other consciousness before us, will have the exact same problem. So, in essence, we ARE "god". So, maybe its just an endless cycle of consciousness, maybe consciousness is an underlying property of the universe at a quantum level. None of the conscious entities would be able to transcend his experience or comprehend how anything came into existence. And I don't think it matters. What matters is moving forward!

Therefore, I don't believe in any of the religious texts that imply a creator of the universe. On a personal level this creator would not be able to argue logically with me about his origins

At which point, be you bug, human, "angel", or GOD!... At which point, can you ever say... Reality makes sense, I can justify my existence, even though none of these entities would have created themselves or the reality they exist in! There is no answer! And earthly religions on the whole are limiting in thought

edit on 16-12-2012 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

the spiritual realm - is basically all of reality, when thought of in an ethereal way. Hmm, so basically an alien.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I dont have time to read the bible right now, since you've read it, can you not easily post your knowledge of prophecy and how it's come true here?

reply to post by randyvs

were not specific scrolls left out from the bible?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

How do you move forward when you don't know what you're moving to?

How do you understand the future when you don't understand the past?

Or does none of this matter to you?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorShip

the spiritual realm - is basically all of reality, when thought of in an ethereal way. Hmm, so basically an alien.

But what if the ALIEN you speak of isn't alien at all. What if it resides right here in that ether way you refer too. See you don't even KNOW the first thing about that which you speak. Your ALIEN may not even be alien at all.

were not specific scrolls left out from the bible?

A lot of scripture was left out. And ? See that doesn't make canonized scripture less valid or mean that it was changed.
edit on 16-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

You totally misunderstood what my original post was saying - and you attacked first by implying my thoughts were retarded, your belief system obvious lacks a "manners" section in the dogma you believe in. OK i get you're radically anti-theist, cool I'm against organised religion too, very bad in my opinion.

All i was really saying is "who knows" and the pattern of debate on ATS with regards religion is circular, just goes round the pivot of " yes there's a god, no there isn't"! Tell me it isn't so.

My Dogma is based on there's huge gaps in human knowledge and my personal knowledge, i keep an open mind.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I know my future, I have a countless array of goals for humanity. Basically moving forward is increasing unity (by abolishing unique pretentious ideas about personal gods and such), and exploring the entire universe! Oh my GOD YES!

I understand my immediate past. What's important is NOW, and focusing on our infinite potential in this reality!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I believe what I believe under a lot more reason in reality then you can provide for the god of your mind. But I'm supposed to listen to you spout how mine isn't believable ? Get real ? Not gonna happen. Your god is all in your head get that straight at least. Unbelievable. You sound crazy.

I hope you're joking, considering you've already admitted you can't prove yours isn't just in YOUR head. Just keeping it fair here.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Not quite. Start with angels and demons.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

I don't think I misunderstood. And don't take it personally, it's just a common thing that has been said. And i wished to express my opinion on that particular line of reasoning. So manybe some of my language is colorful. I'm VERY passionate about realiy/life and take it very seriously. And it's not an equal thing, I see religion as losing focus on whats important. So it's very important that we don't give the impression of equal footing. It's not two identical forces butting heads. It's a more complex situation then that.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I know my future, I have a countless array of goals for humanity. Basically moving forward is increasing unity (by abolishing unique pretentious ideas about personal gods and such), and exploring the entire universe! Oh my GOD YES!

I understand my immediate past. What's important is NOW, and focusing on our infinite potential in this reality!

If we have so much infinite potential here on earth, why are we using it to destroy ourselves?

After thousands of years, you think you're capable of changing it now? For the better? How do you plan on doing that?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

you're going to have to be more specific as i'm not grasping what you mean here. An entity that is invisible (has a body), occupies space? talking to you in your head??? I use the term alien to talk about any sentient non human entity that wasn't born on earth.. So, Extra-Terrestrial Life-form. Truth?

Well it does matter, every different combination of books and ideas will paint a different picture. Did those who decided what to put in, work under "gods divine will"?. If his will was to create masses of unimaginative squabbling beings that believed this world was just a test, then yea, god sure is going to have a great harvest pretty soon!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

because we have religions that are written in a way that, once you believe in it, you have to GO AGAINST THE WILL OF GOD HIMSELF, to get out of it. For example If we change all the churches to places of universal knowledge. education, of acceptance, of influencing situations to have a positive outcome.

These religions separate people mentally, spiritually, physically. Just as with all ideas, not just religions. So we need to discuss all things and reach a point where we can identify the things that separate us (e.g stubbourn religious texts).

It's starting right here my friend

Also, we have been a sleepy race of humans, letting those who want power, take it. another reason why religion can be harmful to society, if you believe in the end of times, you will be hoping these evil men finally push the button or something, to validate your beliefs.. to reach heaven.. whatever it is they believe.

We have evil people on earth who don't care about your well-being, government that claims allegiance with god, all the while acting more like "satan". It's all a ruse to control the masses.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join