It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorShip
reply to post by randyvs

Well in my bible it says that you're just a trickster who likes to waste time by arguing in circles about your false god. My god condemns your kind to hell because they distract most humans on earth from facing the real problems we face in reality today. My god believes in ascending to the stars in THIS world, and does not try to render it's followers inneffective by teaching them that they will prosper in the afterlife if they just lay down their lives and give up any ambitions to ascend to the stars. My god doesn't use fear, my god doesn't attempt to limit your avenues of thought. The prophecy says that only once all people discard the defiled text of religion will humanity rise up in unity and realise its true power. My bible is entirely transmitted to me mentally, this is why it's not written down. but there are many like me who have access to the same bible from the same God.

My God will put yours to sleep in good time

edit on 16-12-2012 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

I assume you're polytheistic then right ?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

why are your spiritual experiences more valid then others? why is there inconsistancy in the spiritual realm? if any particular god was real why isn't it obvious. like looking up at the sky and seeing a source of light, and other obvious things.

it's because the mind simulates based on the information that you filter into it. if you attach all the labels of the christian god to your experiences, obviously you'll believe that.. however, if you have an eye for reality, you would see how it's obvious that this is based on personal experience that is sourced from outside - that hijacks the mind to think it's spiritual experience relates to the labels they've put there.

all beings have spirituality. just because you limit yourself to a certain type of ideas, doesn't make it more valid over anyone elses claims. infact, all of our beliefs are suspect, as we are not advanced enough to know reality intimately. Being so committed to a belief doesn't indicate that your god is more real. it indicates that you are more vulnerable to fear and are less critical about the reality you experience !

edit: no i am not polytheistic.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Then I concede I can not prove my God exists and I leave that up to him. Does that suit you ?
edit on 16-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm surprised that over time people haven't noticed the trend in religious debates. It always go round in circles. There's no proof of either a god or there being no god. It's all just belief. Some have experiences that re-inforces their belief while others have them that shatter those beliefs or haven't had any that strongly re-inforce either stance on the subject. You're all just having a "i'm cleverer, know better, seen further, seen deeper, my dog would eat your dog" type argument. Though fun it'll never be resolved as both sides of the argument know for a fact they're right. Enjoy !

It is sad though that in the real world people die because of this !
edit on 16-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

but your god will never speak to me, because i cannot be controlled by fear
why don't you just admit to your personal self that the christan god is POSSIBLY a farce? can you do that in your private thoughts? or is the overpowering presence of that father figure you have imagined, to much to go against?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

why is there inconsistancy in the spiritual realm?

First of all, we're told that there are many spirits and they all should be tested, so not to be deceived.

Not all spirits are of a heavenly nature.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I find it self defeating to argue over who's Religion is right or wrong. I believe it is OK to state your beliefs but to attempt to discredit another's Religion or impose ones ideals upon another is unfortunate.

I personally do not believe in any Religious Beliefs. That does not mean I do not have beliefs of my own. Nor does it mean I think any less of those who believe differently than I do.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

We see Bible prophecy coming true every day and you think we're the ones that should consider our God a farce?

What did your God tell you was going to happen?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

this is the wrong way to look at it in my opinion.

"theres no proof that god doesnt exist!" is actually retarded. So why even bother conjuring up this thing that we can't properly comprehend, as saying that there's no proof that it doesnt exist... as if to somehow give those who believe in a god some solid ground to walk on.

the world is not full of churches claiming, GOD IS NOT REAL, ATLEAST NOT THE WAY YOU THINK!

the world is full of churches claiming all types of ideas about god. and ALL these ideas stem from an inability to comprehend mans origin. So, illogically, many pass on their existential problem to an imagined higher being. Yet any other consciousness would experience reality much the same as us, and would suffer from not being able to pinpoint creation.

in short, reality is really hard to deal with. the ego adapts to a lower energy state which helps them relax, which usually takes the form of creating a parental figure that has "created them", and had control of everything (destiny, prophecy, afterlife, bull#, bull#).

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

so whats come true?

so you think a human could not write about many kinds of climaxes, and just use key words that are vague, to implicate a future reality?

do you think CURRENT day humans with power (who benefit from the masses believing in a god and the afterlife to render them useless in a revolution or anything like that) could not ORCHESTRATE any of these kind of biblical signs?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

I believe what I believe under a lot more reason in reality then you can provide for the god of your mind. But I'm supposed to listen to you spout how mine isn't believable ? Get real ? Not gonna happen. Your god is all in your head get that straight at least. Unbelievable. You sound crazy.
edit on 16-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

haha, oh.. you didn't realise I was joking about my "god"?

also, you claimed that your proof of god is "in your head"

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

what are you talking about exactly? what is a spirit? do you mean a non-human entity? like an alien? what are you talking about

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

haha, oh.. you didn't realise I was joking about my "god"?

also, you claimed that your proof of god is "in your head"

Without indication? No sorry I guess not.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

so whats come true?

For starters, the Bible told us about what's happening in the Middle East right now and where it will end up.

The fall of Damascus. The uprising in Egypt. The fact that one day all nations will turn against Israel and Jerusalem would become a problem for the whole world when the Israelis and the Palestinians go to fight over it as their capital.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

so basically, any militant power could prove god is real by instigating war in that area... good to know.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

Sorry dude my dog would eat yours in a second, i feed him on people who say retarded. He likes eating them. Their skulls are thicker and i think he likes the crunchy bits.

Inability to imagine man's origins ? to understand that we'd need to know how and why the universe was created in order to explain the presence of the atoms and space/time enviroment for them to exist in. I'd like to know where you think it all came from. Oh and proof, definatly some scientific proof would be nice too.

Also chill out you'll have an aneurysm if you 're not carefull.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

what are you talking about exactly? what is a spirit? do you mean a non-human entity? like an alien? what are you talking about

You mentioned "spiritual realm" and yet you don't know what it is?

Yes, I'm talking about non-human invisible entities. Not aliens.

The reason you "feel" the way you do is because you're being influenced. We all are.

Google "spiritual realm", "spiritual warfare" or "war in heaven" for more specific and detailed information.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

so whats come true?

For starters, the Bible told us about what's happening in the Middle East right now and where it will end up.

The fall of Damascus. The uprising in Egypt. The fact that one day all nations will turn against Israel and Jerusalem would become a problem for the whole world when the Israelis and the Palestinians go to fight over it as their capital.

Which reminds of this, just a few posts back:

do you think CURRENT day humans with power (who benefit from the masses believing in a god and the afterlife to render them useless in a revolution or anything like that) could not ORCHESTRATE any of these kind of biblical signs?

That area is full of believers that will start something because they believe it's the prophecied time.
You cannot deny that possibility.
They are ready for war because they expect one, and will start a big war because it is time.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

The Bible is way more specific than that, but it takes reading it.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join