It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Thinking is good. Put's new light on the 10 Commandments.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Your post really got me thinking!
So, they were PO'd at Moses for their predicament, and probably ready to kill.

Moses had to think of something, so he did some rock carving, said that god carved those words, then the evidence is smashed to bits. Now the people think he is gods right hand man and they spare him.

The people had to be appeased, so he plotted a plan to save his own butt and credibility..

^ This is your idea of serious truth. So when you talk about me being a joke, I don't even come close.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't know what you are getting at here, do you agree somewhat or no?

And what are you accusing me of?

What I wrote is a possible theory of something concocted by a desperate man loosing credibility.

Afteraffinity, I don't know weather you are coming, or going, where DO you stand?

Are you this;
gnostic-->agnostic--->gnostic-->atheist-->agnostic-->atheist
I know the stages, where are you.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

A very contemptuous joke, to be precise.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

A very contemptuous joke, to be precise.

Please explain.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

What I wrote is a possible theory of something concocted by a desperate man loosing credibility.

Afteraffinity, I don't know weather you are coming, or going, where DO you stand?

Are you this;
gnostic-->agnostic--->atheist

Oh, I was very much amused. In fact, it's far more plausible than many theories I've heard.

My stance has been made clear over the massive amount of threads I've voraciously participated in. Have a look at my posts, if you've got the time. I am an agnostic deist, which essentially states that my personal experiences have led me to a particular set of adjustable beliefs, but I don't have the proof necessary for stating solidly that I am correct. I will defend my beliefs, I will explain myself if I disagree with another, but I bear in mind that it is all speculative probability, nothing more.
edit on 16-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Are you this;
gnostic-->agnostic--->gnostic-->atheist-->agnostic-->atheist
edit on 16-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)
I think he meant to quote Randy, but accidentally quoted you. If you look at the top, it says that he was replying to Randy.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Figure it out yourselves. If you can't take the time to read properly and address your questions and explain those questions fully, that is not my responsibility. Randy, that "contemptuous joke" is nothing compared to your contemptuous attitude, which all too often extends a prominent middle finger in the general direction of logic and reason because you don't like what rationality has to say about your way of thinking.

I'm so sorry the world wasn't made to suit your ideals of reality, but that's something you gotta deal with. And quite honestly, I'm a little sick of your attitude concerning these topics. Logic and rationality go out the window whenever you're around, and it is quite disruptive because only you can be right.

Enough of that.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying that, now I remember you stating your position before.
And I do read your posts, sometimes they are confusing, but it's all more clear now.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'm so sorry the world wasn't made to suit your ideals of reality, but that's something you gotta deal with. And quite honestly, I'm a little sick of your attitude concerning these topics. Logic and rationality go out the window whenever you're around, and it is quite disruptive because only you can be right.

This is total fantasy AI because nowhere do I ever make any such claim of righteousness. What I experience from you is total contempt. And I perceive that as an effect on you. Because the answers I have are simple and make sense. Not according to me but according to countless others I do engage seriously. And if you want to continue this ? Use your damn PM ing so we don't clutter here any further. Genius.

Toad
I hope that answers your question Toad.
edit on 16-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

You have filled my heart with a very potent joy by posting this brother.

What you have said is very close to my soul also and i have experienced the same truth that you have found. I understand how it feels to love someone even though your worldly self should/would hate them, and to genuinely desire people to find their fulfillment in the Lord God.

I am very pleased that you have found happiness

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This is total fantasy AI because nowhere do I ever make any such claim of righteousness. What I experience from you is total contempt. And I perceive that as an effect on you. Because the answers I have are simple and make sense.

Then why is there a post from you saying that you don't have to prove that "God" exists after I asked that you do so? Surely if I was incorrect, then you would already have used logic and reason to prove this "God" exists. And no, the Bible does not count as proof of its own claims.

Not according to me but according to countless others I do engage seriously. And if you want to continue this ? Use your damn PM ing so we don't clutter here any further. Genius.

No, I'd like to keep this right here where everyone can see it, because it's clearly on topic. Come on, if you're so sensible, explain to me how you know "God" exists. Please, enlighten me. I'd love for you to prove me wrong beyond the shadow of a doubt. I don't live for lies, so give me the truth, if you can. And prove that it's the truth, don't just say it is.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Nice try. I believe the Bible, you don't, I have nothing to prove to you AI. Period. So now what ? Prove I'm wrong as you're the one always claiming to be the superior intelligence. Are you sure I can prove it ? It certainly seems that way and now I am toying with you. I await your next transmission with great eagerness.

Circular definition see circular definition.

edit on 16-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nice try. I believe the Bible, you don't, I have nothing to prove to you AI. Period. So now what ? Prove I'm wrong as you're the one always claiming to be the superior intelligence.

I have never claimed to be of superior intelligence. If I gave anyone that impression, I apologize. However, when you are on a thread arguing the validity of a statement asserting that this "God" can be proven to exist, especially when using the word "know", you cannot expect the community to simply take it at face value. We will question. We will probe. The true test of veracity is to go through the fires of hell and back and still be standing. If an idea cannot endure such trials, then it is invalid.

That is the point of this thread. If you don't want your beliefs questioned, then don't offer them up for debate on a conspiracy forum. And if you have nothing to offer in terms of proof, then why act as though you're right and we're wrong? You are more than welcome to have an opinion, but that in no way means you can strut around and act as though we're wrong, we KNOW we're wrong, and we're idiots for sticking to our guns. And whether or not you mean to, you've given that impression many times. And that, in particular, irritates me the most.

I'm fine with you having an opinion. I don't have a solid case for my beliefs either. But it does no one any good to walk around and say, "Well, my beliefs make me better than you," because that just speaks ill of your beliefs. Or maybe that speaks ill of you, since you chose those beliefs. I'm trying to be fair and explain this calmly, so I would appreciate your consideration in this matter.

Either prove your case, or concede the point and we'll respectfully disagree. I know I've gotten impatient with you in the past, and that's my fault. I get frustrated with not understanding. I like to think that together, we can provide a larger scope of perspective on matters, which is generally a more encompassing realm of comprehension than sitting in one seat the entire time. But that only works when rationality is employed. Can we do that?

Now maybe we can have a reasonable discussion regarding the existence of a higher power, and possible supporting evidence therein. That's what this thread is about. Thank you in advance.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

That is not my God... But I do like the sentiment..

I'll say this one last time. I DO NOT Know the Christian God.. Won't repeat it again, so quit asking.

Wait what's This?
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

If you don't know the Christian God, how do you know that it was Jesus who entered your heart?

I'm guessing you don't really know for sure and possibly don't even care as long as it made you feel good?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It certainly would be a comfort to know for certain that if Humans have a Spirit that it is capable of emotion. Sadly it doesn't add up as every time a person is driven to an emotional response it is first predicated by the release of specific hormones and chemicals into a persons body and brain.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well in my bible it says that you're just a trickster who likes to waste time by arguing in circles about your false god. My god condemns your kind to hell because they distract most humans on earth from facing the real problems we face in reality today. My god believes in ascending to the stars in THIS world, and does not try to render it's followers inneffective by teaching them that they will prosper in the afterlife if they just lay down their lives and give up any ambitions to ascend to the stars. My god doesn't use fear, my god doesn't attempt to limit your avenues of thought. The prophecy says that only once all people discard the defiled text of religion will humanity rise up in unity and realise its true power. My bible is entirely transmitted to me mentally, this is why it's not written down. but there are many like me who have access to the same bible from the same God.

My God will put yours to sleep in good time

edit on 16-12-2012 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

That's OK, my God says he's capable of throwing your God into the eternal Lake of Fire!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

Nice try. I believe the Bible, you don't, I have nothing to prove to you AI. Period. So now what ? Prove I'm wrong as you're the one always claiming to be the superior intelligence.

I have never claimed to be of superior intelligence. If I gave anyone that impression, I apologize. However, when you are on a thread arguing the validity of a statement asserting that this "God" can be proven to exist, especially when using the word "know", you cannot expect the community to simply take it at face value. We will question. We will probe. The true test of veracity is to go through the fires of hell and back and still be standing. If an idea cannot endure such trials, then it is invalid.

That is the point of this thread. If you don't want your beliefs questioned, then don't offer them up for debate on a conspiracy forum. And if you have nothing to offer in terms of proof, then why act as though you're right and we're wrong? You are more than welcome to have an opinion, but that in no way means you can strut around and act as though we're wrong, we KNOW we're wrong, and we're idiots for sticking to our guns. And whether or not you mean to, you've given that impression many times. And that, in particular, irritates me the most.

I'm fine with you having an opinion. I don't have a solid case for my beliefs either. But it does no one any good to walk around and say, "Well, my beliefs make me better than you," because that just speaks ill of your beliefs. Or maybe that speaks ill of you, since you chose those beliefs. I'm trying to be fair and explain this calmly, so I would appreciate your consideration in this matter.

Either prove your case, or concede the point and we'll respectfully disagree. I know I've gotten impatient with you in the past, and that's my fault. I get frustrated with not understanding. I like to think that together, we can provide a larger scope of perspective on matters, which is generally a more encompassing realm of comprehension than sitting in one seat the entire time. But that only works when rationality is employed. Can we do that?

Now maybe we can have a reasonable discussion regarding the existence of a higher power, and possible supporting evidence therein. That's what this thread is about. Thank you in advance.

First off I don't have this problem with anyone else but you.
And of course I don't agree with everything you just said in my regard But. I myself lose patience with anyone smart enough to know that I can't produce something like evidence for the existence of anything that resides in the spiritual realm. Just as you can't prove it doesn't exist. So yes you have my goat there AI. I do become unreasonable at unreasonable requests. But you also know me to never hold a grudge. And for the record I only
strut or parade at home and even then only when I'm in my underwear. I hold no grudge against you AI. But have told you before I won't be walked on by your superior attitude no matter what. If you really need me to concede that I can't give you something you asked for fine. No problem , you ask me nicely like that it's cool . But let the record show that your request was completely unreasonable in the first place. I hope to have more decent conversation with you in the future, because it's obvious neither of us is going anywhere ? Do you agree to agree
that as adults we should at least be able to find the common ground that allows us to agree to disagree ?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, I can agree to that.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join