It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Christians believe no matter what they do, could murder 20 children in cold blood and then ask God for forgiveness and he will grant it....that's the most insane thing I've ever heard in my life and it will never happen Karma will bite you in the ass and you all will find out when you die.

Believers don't feel that way at all-it's not like that.. if a person commits an act knowing it's wrong, they can't just say a few words and expect forgiveness. Once we know what we know there is no unknowing. Likewise, I don't think this can be taught, it's in the heart & soul or it's not, and it's there for all who want it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

What if the Bible is a forged painting? A revision plastered over the face of an ancient message, the contents of which are only just being rediscovered...I grow weary of repeating myself, but I hope you know what I'm talking about. Tradition will tell you that I'm wrong, but maybe you should step outside the box of tradition and see things for yourself, without anyone telling you what you're looking at. Part of the problem lies within the fact that everyone is told what they should be looking at, until that's all they hear and know.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
would you please tell jesus Christ to hurry up already and rule this messed up evil world we live in and make everything right?

Its been two millennia that really sucked. How long must we wait for him?

At least throw us a bone for Christ's sake. Regenerate an amputee's limb or something without any medical intervention to at least hush the naysayers that have been having a field day mocking everything he stands for.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

A knife is a tool. You can teach a child how to cut bread, make fruit salad, or take down an animal with it.

There are too many times where the Bible goes too far in teaching men how to be irresponsible and to use their "tools" to suppress women, based on their own jealousy and fear.

The Bible has been re-written and interpreted very many times.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Magic vs Reality?

Faculties vs Agency?

Ain't it a wonder how each new day completely envelopes us? Why do we keep waking up here? Who are we talking to when talking to self?

I didn't acquire this agency or faculty from any book is what I was trying to convey.

edit on (12/15/1212 by loveguy because: i like pancakes

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by cantyousee

It all comes down to the voracity of the writers. The disciples. They were either telling a big lie or they were honestly reporting what they heard and saw.

Which is all fine and good...if it were proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were the actual authors. Political dishonesty was more than rampant in those times, and what better tool than a bargain for the souls of men?

You are right. But it is easier to prove the authenticity of the writings than it is to prove the ressurection.
I have never heard an intelligent argument against the disciples being the authors.
And how do you account for the fact that the Savior was prophecied to come and die for our sins a thousand years before the fact?
If God exists, doesn't it seem reasonable that he would create a book to tell us his story?
God either exists or he doesn't. What kind of God would create a world and people on it and then leave it to everyone else to define him and his purposes. Its almost like you have to deny the existance of God to deny the bible. If I leave this world and find out that the bible was all a made up hoax, I have lost nothing. But if I leave this world and find out that the bible was true and I never believed in it then I have lost everything. If the bible is true and if God exists then now is the time to declare your belief. Because that is what the book says that God wants.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

What if the Bible is a forged painting? A revision plastered over the face of an ancient message, the contents of which are only just being rediscovered...I grow weary of repeating myself, but I hope you know what I'm talking about. Tradition will tell you that I'm wrong, but maybe you should step outside the box of tradition and see things for yourself, without anyone telling you what you're looking at. Part of the problem lies within the fact that everyone is told what they should be looking at, until that's all they hear and know.

I understand what you mean, and I agree. I haven't been taught anything because I don't follow organized religion. Also, I feel ill-equipped to argue the subject, and wouldn't even if I could.

Nobody tells me what to think, but I have spent a lot of time reflecting the subject. Even so, I'm not one to teach or preach the subject and feel that we all have to come to our own conclusions.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

All very convenient. you all have different ideas about what god an jesus are picking and choosing which bits of the bible are true and which arent or if in fact the bible is anything to do with religion at all yet every response i have had has said something different about these things for some he judges for others he talks to them or enters them and fills them with love. for others hes just the feeling of love non judgemntal. yet everyone of you posts your version smugly suggesting it is the only answer and anyone who disagrees is stupid or hasnt researched. any evils commited by church leaders or carried out in the name of religion dont complain about that these people arent really religious they are just saying that very very convenient. hard to discuss anything if you csn jut make up tbe rules as they go along and enjoy your completely undefined god or redifined every five minutes.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

oes this mean that every god prayed to and believed in throughout the history of mankind is real?

Negative ! It means there is only one God and his existence is not effected by anything human beings choose to believe or not to believe. If you just consider reality and God with an open mind polytheism makes no sense at all.
There isn't any room in existence for more than one God.
edit on 15-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Negative ! It means there is only one God and his existence is not effected by anything human beings choose to believe or not to believe. If you just consider reality and God with an open mind polytheism makes no sense at all.

You know, for a human, you know an awful lot about what it's like to not be human. In other words, you cannot know whereof you speak, because you have not experienced it. No human can understand godliness, not as much as you pretend to. And quite honestly, you're not very good at pretending either.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thing about all this " i know God exist's because i can feel it" is all very nice for the person experiencing it but how are we suposed to go along with that without anything more than your report on the experience. A lot of people hear voices telling them to do things, are we to believe that these are real too ?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't know anything about Godliness. Not even enough about the very first aspect of godliness so you're correct about that AI. I have never made any such claim either. But I will know our Fathers voice when I hear it.
I would expect to hear something from you like the pot calling the kettle black. Mr. know all tell all 24-7.
Your hypocrisy is infamous and unmatched at ATS. Last week I didn't know anything and now I know to much ?
Let me know when you make up my mind and finally pick yourself a personality.

I know what I've heard, that cleanliness is next to Godliness. That's about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Thing about all this " i know God exist's because i can feel it" is all very nice for the person experiencing it but how are we suposed to go along with that without anything more than your report on the experience. A lot of people hear voices telling them to do things, are we to believe that these are real too ?

You shouldn't go along with anything/one at all.

Now I can only say that He has never spoken to me (in words), I never heard any voices, nor have I ever seen Him, but lost and alone in a field one day when I was 12 and times were (seemed) different, something came to me, inside of me, and I have never been alone since that day.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

yes. ancient people were as capable as us. And sure they knew a lot of things. But nothing compared to what we know today.

Organized religion is a sham to steal your money and gain control of you. That is all it has ever really been.

Also, I dont claim to know the truth. I am just pointing out that you religious people do not either

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
If polytheism doesn't make sense, why are there polytheists? I think theism makes no sense, yet there are theists. You think atheism makes no sense, yet there are atheists. Your argument doesn't work because each of these things apparently make sense to others, though they might not make sense to you.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Very well said. Some people tend to live in a bubble and forget about the atrocities that go on everyday. I wonder why they don't have enough sense to question why there is no tomb for Jesus but yet there are tombs of others that predates him. Its a fact that the letter J is only 500 years old.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Polytheism shouldn't make sense to anyone with any sense then. I suppose that would be more accurate.

There is only room in existence for one God. If that doesn't make sense to you then there's a whole pile of nonsense waiting for you. That's all I have to say about it with hope that you don't want to drag this on and on and on as you usually do ?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Is it safe to say that the guy who sat down with Abraham in his tent and ate cakes and BBQ, ISN'T the ONE GOD? That that guy who ordered all kinds of blood thirsty murder and plunder WASN'T that ONE GOD?

edit on 15-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
A lot of people hear voices telling them to do things, are we to believe that these are real too ?

Yes, it's possession, they're called Riders. Read up on how many writers, artists, singers, etc. say they get into a trance while performing, or feel like something has entered into them, or something is feeding them lines and ideas. Add into that the people who commit terrible acts because voices told them to do it. The "rational" people dismiss the phenomenon (because they can't see it or test it in a lab), but I'm convinced it's real.
edit on 15-12-2012 by CudiTheKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

What do you mean is it safe ? You're worried about that now Win ? What the hell happened to you ?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join