It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

OK...I guess I didn't read where it was a dream. I would not dispute your service. Unfortunately because of the vast amount of information I am privy to it is difficult for me to believe in a GOD in the way most do.

I wish it was not so.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Not that I believe in him but if I were satan I would get some guys to write some books. Call some of them prophets. Throw in a couple prophecies and some miracles and make one guy the hero. Then just sit back and watch them fight amongst themselves. Make himself the good guy and the bad guy and get both ones that want the good guy(god) and ones that want to resist (devil). If I can think of this and others have too like Joseph Smith to make a religion. If there were a devil he would making everything as confusing as possible and with our minimal brain power and him being a spirit creature that would be a piece of cake. Look at christianity it is more pagan than anything else but people dont see it. There are many myths of the god man and virgin births. The bible is confusing as well. There is the 10 commandments and one commandment is thou shall not kill but all they did was kill. If the all knowing god knew they had to fight and go to war to preserve his chosen people why would he have that commandment.It is all right to kill your enemy. Then the new testament pulls a 180 of turn the other cheek. All this causes cognitive dissonance and your brain tries to make sense of the whole thing but nothing comes of it and there is no consonance.

Whos looks outside dreams(eg..the bible,god in the heavens,a Jesus that sacfriced for us,to be in heaven)
Who look inside awakes (Have a consonance,love of self and others,centered,knowing of self

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

Awesome post..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Just put infinity back together silly.

but it's ok man, I still love you.

edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Do you have any idea how many times it is split?

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Do you have any idea how many times it is split?

Split Infinity

Id guess infinitely.. ?
But I don't view space time as any barrier..
I see many possible (bad) things that could separate things and I don't want to be trapped,
but I don't think that's truly an issue.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Well that is the question is it not? Just what is Bad or Evil and how can we label it anything besides ones Genetic Disposition?

A Lion is not considered doing Evil when it brings down it's prey. Humans are not so far removed from the Animal Kingdom.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Well that is the question is it not? Just what is Bad or Evil and how can we label it anything besides ones Genetic Disposition?
A Lion is not considered doing Evil when it brings down it's prey. Humans are not so far removed from the Animal Kingdom.

Split Infinity

I don't view Sin as bad, it's just physical... I am talking about something else entirely and even defined my term bad, as being trapped.. I don't care about dying. But you have now backed away, so I won't push it.

edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I have been in a position to see and experience things. Things that have no rhyme or reason and if anything could be called Evil this would be it.

What scares me is in an effort to stop these things a person becomes cold, calculated and distances themselves from the mundane and everyday.

At the same time I have grown to understand that it is not this supposed Evil that is scary but it is me in my efforts to wipe this Evil out.

He who is most dedicated wins. I am most dedicated.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SerialVelocity

I'm happy to second your thoughts. The same thing was going through my mind as we watched this horrific act unfold here in CT.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Thank you fine sir. God bless, and Godspeed the right. The world could use more people with your forgiving, loving attitude.
edit on 14-12-2012 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Forgive me if you already answered this somewhere among the 200+ posts in this thread, but...

Originally posted by iSHRED
I desired the truth more than anything and when my heart was fully committed to the truth is when i found it. God entered me via the Holy Spirit as referenced in the bible.

I'd really like to know; what all truths did the Holy Spirit make known to you?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Christianity won't save you, Jesus will save you and set you free from the world. My attitude and thoughts are no longer dictated by the actions of others. My love for someone is not dictated by what they say to me, i forgive because i was forgiven, i love because i was loved. I desire for all of you to find the truth because i care about you, you will know when you find it.

I've always loved you rogue Christian types. Do you know how infuriated many mainstream Christians are when confronted with people like you? You are correct, though. The basis behind Christianity is that Jesus will save you guys, not "Christianity". That distinction is something many people have a hard time wrapping their heads around.

I hate using this colloquialism but thanks for keeping it real.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

How I know God exists.

I'll take a shot:

Your lack of knowledge of physics, science and mathematics precludes you from rationalising the inexplicable occurrences, pareidolic images, 'miracles' et al you see or experience in your life and your lack of understanding of psychology results in your life's travails being interpreted as indirect, divine messages and direction from a 'higher power'?

Close?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

For you to fully desire the truth yet rule out God or anything else, is an oxy moron. You dont fully desire the truth if you rule anything out. Now i know the truth and what is not true. If God is all powerful could He not give me the knowledge of the truth??? Of course He could (all powerful).

Christianity won't save you, Jesus will save you and set you free from the world.

I'm not trolling here, but you have just contradicted yourself. By claiming that Jesus will save you, you are ruling out other religions/beliefs/saviors. I'm sorry, but this is the problem I have with religion. By claiming that one is the truth you are claiming that you have some special knowledge that the majority of the world doesn't. Sorry, but the math isn't quite right here.

For the time being I will stick with verifiable evidence to direct me towards reality.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
OP God Bless...

Religion is vast, there are many Bibles in which people read from... The the common denominator is their is always "One" and the one has many names people refer too. Philosophy of religion is a great place to start.

Nobody's right and nobody's wrong.... We all have free-will and freedom and choice. We cannot judge others that's not our job. That's Religion...... not humanity ..

************“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”***********
by Albert Einstein

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

"...and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

"...the one who lives and believes in me will never die."

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
In the thread title you said "how you know".
But you didn't explain what you knew, only what you believed.

I've got no problem with people's beliefs (with a couple of caveats anyway) but don't pretend it's knowledge as it isn't.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I don't see how this is proof of any god, all you did was decide the way you thought was flawed and changed it, you then decided that this made you more attuned.

All I see here is some mental realignment that proves nothing bar the fact you belief in this god is just as fragile as the evidence for the same god.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you, if all this makes your life feel better then good for you but as proof of a god, its really nothing.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?
In the thread title you said "how you know".
But you didn't explain what you knew, only what you believed.

I've got no problem with people's beliefs (with a couple of caveats anyway) but don't pretend it's knowledge as it isn't.

The 'knowing' begins with 'believing'...

When you believe the Gospel you then receive the Spirit Who teaches you all things...
...but you can't 'know' until you first 'believe'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join