It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bit Coins Can End Banksters Currency Monopoly!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subterranean13

That article and several others says they have one.

Well, it's a good indication that you really need to do more research then. From the bitcoin-central site itself:

"In short, Paymium (the company behind Bitcoin-Central) is neither a bank, nor a PSP.
bitcoin-central.net...
edit on 14-12-2012 by Subterranean13 because: (no reason given)

Well I will when I get a chance but it really doesn't matter Bitcoins don't need any of that and would be better off without it and still has all the advantages I have mentioned.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well I was going to do a long write up but found a good site that sort of did it for me and here is a simple video and then I can start answering questions. Most people that dismiss bitcoins have not really studied them enough to understand how they work and why they are be far better then dollars and fiat currencies.

"After month of research and discovery, we've learned the following:

1. Bitcoin is a technologically sound project.
2. Bitcoin is unstoppable without end-user prosecution.
3. Bitcoin is the most dangerous open-source project ever created.
4. Bitcoin may be the most dangerous technological project since the internet
itself.
5. Bitcoin is a political statement by technotarians (technological
libertarians).*
6. Bitcoins will change the world unless governments ban them with harsh
penalties.

What Are Bitcoins?
=========
Bitcoins are virtual coins in the form of a file that is stored on your device.
These coins can be sent to and from users three ways:

1. Direct with peer-to-peer software downloaded at bitcoin.org
2. Via an escrow service like ClearCoin
3. Via a bitcoin currency exchange

Each owner transfers the coin to the next by digitally signing a hash of the
previous transaction and the public key of the next owner and adding these to
the end of the coin. A payee can verify the signatures to verify the chain of
ownership.

The benefits of a currency like this:

a) Your coins can't be frozen (like a Paypal account can be)
b) Your coins can't be tracked
c) Your coins can't be taxed
d) Transaction costs are extremely low (sorry credit card companies)

You can watch a simple video here: jc.is... "

Where Do Bitcoins Come From?
Bitcoins are created by a complex algorithm. Only 21M can be made by the year 2140. Your desktop bitcoin software can make bitcoins, but at this point the electricity and time it would take to produce a bitcoin is larger than the actual value of a bitcoin (your laptop might take five years to make one,

Read more here:
launch.is...\
ev.html

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by hawkiye

You still have to "purchase" these........What is the difference? You are still using CURRENCY to buy bit coins......All this is to me is someone selling something worthless.....

I can sell you something I say is "worth" money, and you will believe it......All the while I collect all the "real" money that is used as currency.....

If is not backed by currency, it could be 2 kids sitting in their moms basement starting this.....

Elite rules, banks own the money, government owns the banks.......If this catches on, and takes over for the paper money we have, then everyone would have nothing! The elites would have control because they own the money.....

Hopefully I made sense, but probably not......Seems like you are hellbent on this idea

No central authoirty owns bit coins like governments own fiat currencies anyone can trade with them it is a free choice to do so the banks cannot own them or inflate them that is the beauty of them it is a true free market on currency it is our choice. The more people that chose to accept them as payment the better off we will be.

The choice is to continue to use fiat currencies that the banks and government inflate devaluing the currency a to steal our wealth and crash our economies while they live high on the hog or to use a currency that cannot be inflated taxed or traced i.e. bit coins. That is what is called a no brainer folks. We could end the Federal reserve and theftation etc. just by making the choice to use Bitcoins instead. It is not wise to dismiss them out of hand without fully understanding them and giving them a fair hearing.
edit on 15-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

There was a great guest on coast to Coast AM today who talked about bit coin. I think his name was David Seaman. It was a good overview for people who don't know what bit coin is.

My first thought was that I'd like to get involved with using bit coin, mostly to protest the corrupt banking system that we currently have. But then I had another thought:

I'm not religious nor am I a biblical scholar, but what if this bit coin system (or another like it) is the whole 'Mark of the Beast' prophecy. Think about it, it would create a one-world currency. Your ability to buy and sell could be turned off at any time. And you are deceived and tricked into accepting it because you think you are protesting the current evil system, but really you end up supporting the even worse system.

...just a thought to stimulate some conspiracy theory conversations. ...I'll probably end up participating in it, and it will be harmless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join