It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Demands: Obama, Build Us a Death Star

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Has politics really made Americans this crazy? Or is this just a bunch of Star Wars fans (Namely those living in their parents basements) crying out for attention?

A petition demanding the President Barack Obama administration build a Death Star like the one in Star Wars reached 25,000-plus signatures Thursday, a threshold requiring the government to respond whether it will build the fictional weapon capable of annihilating planets with its super laser. The petition on the White House website’s “We the People” page demands the Death Star project begin by 2016.

Job Creation?

Oh my...........

By focusing our defense resources into a space-superiority platform and weapon system such as a Death Star, the government can spur job creation in the fields of construction, engineering, space exploration, and more, and strengthen our national defense.

America Demands: Obama, Build Us a Death Star

We the People: Secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016.

I put this under Political Madness, because it IS madness !

This Administration cannot balance a Budget, let alone build a Death Star ! Will the Administration actually respond?

Death Star?

ATS, Thoughts?
edit on 13-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Has politics really made Americans this crazy? Or is this just a bunch of Star Wars fans (Namely those living in their parents basements) crying out for attention?

OK Two things

One, There is nothing wrong with Star Wars stuff!

Two, Although I don't myself, there is nothing wrong with leaching off parents and living in their rent free basement.

Apparently all the cool kids are doing it.

edit on 13-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Balancing the budget with a death star is what it is about,

Obama announces Death star complete, Obama next speech to the banks Debt what debt..? Do you have a problem with that..?

Banks No Sir, but can we say that is a nice death star you have there.

Debt solved

edit on 13-12-2012 by Legion2024 because: 11:11

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I believe it's showing the true colors of many War Mongers.

Death Star..REALLY?

An instrument of just, well..Death.

But that's ok with many cause it's just so cool.

Sickening actually.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Death Star....Really.

I think this whole petition thing, is out of control actually.....

I think a bunch of Star Wars fans are having fun with it. I await the Presidents response.

Really, whats next?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I guess that makes me a Jedi!

edit on 13-12-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

One, There is nothing wrong with Star Wars stuff!

My son would agree with you, wholeheartedly!

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Two, Although I don't myself, there is nothing wrong with leaching off parents and living in their rent free basement.

Obama better put these kids to work, pronto!

How long would a "Death Star" take to complete?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If anything, it shows how ludicrous the President's "petition website" is. Like every other petition that received the required sigs, it will receive no consideration but the nominal. The White House's interaction with the General Public is nothing more than another sideshow in the world of bread and circuses. The only "petitions" Obama takes serious come in the form of power and money.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
there's a lot of killjoys here. its fun. its not about supporting war or really thinking someone believes it will really happen.

btw, if they really built one, imagine all the jobs it would create.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SELAboy
If anything, it shows how ludicrous the President's "petition website" is. Like every other petition that received the required sigs, it will receive no consideration but the nominal. The White House's interaction with the General Public is nothing more than another sideshow in the world of bread and circuses. The only "petitions" Obama takes serious come in the form of power and money.

Ding!

Buy this man a drink at the Mos Eisley Cantina!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hell, it took a personal visit from Vader AND the Emperor to get the Imperials to finish building the Death Star. What makes us think a democratic president who can't even get a democratically-controlled congress to pass a budget could build a Death Star! I think I just peed myself. This government is such a disappointment.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet

btw, if they really built one, imagine all the jobs it would create.

I can imagine all the waste it would create.........

Not to mention which planet its circling....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
NASA is loving this. They are probably making plans as we type to apply a lot of funding for this project
I can see a lot of people in this country saying this fifty trillion dollar project is necessary to protect us from a comet.

Where did the rumor about Niburu really start? From the secret NASA funding project?

edit on 13-12-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by sonnny1

Hell, it took a personal visit from Vader AND the Emperor to get the Imperials to finish building the Death Star. What makes us think a democratic president who can't even get a democratically-controlled congress to pass a budget could build a Death Star! I think I just peed myself. This government is such a disappointment.

The force is "weak" with this President, that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
He'll say its not possible, not feasable in terms of finace sciense or engineering
meanwhile....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

If this was the previous Clinton Administration by the time it was finished it would have "Made in China" stamped on it's side.

Oh, my,

Did I just go there?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm going to start a petition that all of the states that had secession petitions build their own, individual death stars. Then I am going to start a petition to effectively negate my previous petition by asking the Federal Government to declare war upon any secessionist state seeking death star technology.

THEN I will start a separate petition, in the name of every state that currently has a petition to secede, demanding that they declare war upon the Federal Government for restricting their sovereign death star based rights.

Yeah, that'll give me something to do and I could possibly give a helping hand to the whole Mayan doomsday thing. I'm always happy to pitch in!

(Oh, and in case folks are unaware... the petitions at Whitehouse.gov are pretty much for entertainment purposes only. I personally think somebody at the White House probably said "We're having trouble keeping track of all of the crazy people and idiots, but what if we gave them all a centralized place to publicly out themselves - and set it up in such a way as to make them feel empowered.....)

~Heff

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

"We're having trouble keeping track of all of the crazy people and idiots, but what if we gave them all a centralized place to publicly out themselves - and set it up in such a way as to make them feel empowered.....)

~Heff

I'm starting to think you are absolutely right. Designed to mock the Citizens of the United States. Guess what?

Its working.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

it will have MADE BY FUNDS FROM CHINA on it nowadays

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I guess that makes me a Jedi!

Stormtrooper mate.

This whole petition thing has gotten a little outta hand ya. WTF can be done with a Deathstar? It's a freakin' planet killer.
I think someone needs to rethink there objectives.

edit on 14-12-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join