It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wife of a Slave Owner's Letter to a Runaway, and the Subsequent Rebuttal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

That is one of the most interesting letters I have read, I remember when I was in college I went to a conference on slavery in Puertorrico, I could not believe that as early as the last century in my Island it was still men owning slaves.

That was an eye opening for me.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I flagged it a good one

and now the remedy......we can resolve this easily in my view

ya know how we think ideals and in the real....boot on the dirt....actual if you were there world it goes down differently....

if someone offers you a person, a human being so you can enslave him.....in your head, you had better really quick like be thinking of what's God's view on what the fella selling a person standing with his hand out looking you in the eyes seeing if you're gonna hand over what......300 dollars.......AT THAT VERY MOMENT....a cloud of heavenly angels are surrounding and waiting for your next action........only a worldly view.....a scratch and claw to plenty outlook on life would make someone say...." How about 295........

edit on 23-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 23-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShotGunRum
reply to post by SELAboy

What exactly was propaganda or brainwashing in the OP?

He seems to only be interested in ,,"Western Slavery". Forget the slavery poor Asians inflict on themselves. Forget the slavery still going on in Africa, Forget the slavery going on in Saudi Arabia, forget the slavery that Muslims imposed upon Africans when they invaded Africa to spread their intolerant religion, damn you it's WESTERN SLAVERY that's all bad!

Condemn it all or condemn none of it, you can't pick and choose, that is a fundamental concept of basic ethics, "Universability".

OP seems to only have a problem with Western Slavery, but conviently forgets to mention several pretty important things.

The West, as a whole, was the first to end slavery.
Slavery is still an ongoing enterprise in many regions of Africa, completely independent of Western forces.
Muslims were enslaving Africans for almost 1000 years before the first European sailboat appeared on the West African horizon looking for human cargo, but again, the OP doesn't seem to care about Muslims slaves.

<< 1   >>

join