It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAZCA's Lost City of the line-builders: Cahuachi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'd like to know why that mummies hair isn't jet black like everyone else's in that area. Does mainstream has a time for construction of that city?

Her hair reminded me of those red haired chinese mummies.

Great pics nonetheless, fabulous.
edit on 14-12-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Nice information. I didn't know about the mummies. Do you have any more information about them? Links/articles/ books I can look for? Please?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Thanks you for posting those pics.
I find the whole area and related locations very interesting.
I'm glad I didn't post some pics of those two locations which I was originally going to because yours are of much higher quality

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Elentarri

Here is a related location.
It's as good a start as any I suppose. :up

Chauchilla Cemetery

Keep in mind though many of the burial sites have been disturbed and looted for hundreds of years in search of Gold...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No worries!

Can't upload one for some reason but here's two more!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure a lot of these mummies weren't even mummies at all, really. If these are the same people I'm thinking of, some of these people were found mummified after having died in their homes. Talk about an arid climate! That's not to say they didn't practice mummification though, because they did. Just that its a very intriguing site, for many reasons.

Slayer, I'd almost wager the last time this site saw heavy rain and lots of water was 10,500BC. What do ya wanna bet? Haha
And its not only that either. Its nearly ALL of these old monolithic sites that are found in inhospitable areas. From Turkey to the jungles of the Yucatan. From Tue Peruvian desert to the very top of the Andes mountains.

They're all over the world, but we don't find them in, say, the Great Plains of North America.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Which, would seem to figure if these places were built in 10,500BC, because back then most of what is now lush land was then covered in ice.

Hmm...

Also, didn't it say this complex was built of adobe?...
edit on 14-12-2012 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

thanks as always Slayer
a very fascinating culture that i didnt know much about
your like the school teacher i never had!

i have to comment on the second hydrocephalic skull
skull binding creates an elongated skull, but what would cause such a mass volume in the skull?
obviously something to do with the southern areas of the americas, as its seen multiple times in different areas.
Something i cant get my 'head round'

im looking forward to your Olmec thread

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Interesting question. I'd like to know where the idea of biding started myself.
I can't imagine somebody deciding one day to wrap their kids head up tight possibly killing or causing brain damage just on a whim....

But apparently that's exactly what some did.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
another s+f for your growing collection!!

whats your personal belief slayer?

i think there's an argument to be had for "otherworldly" help/intervention for some of our ancient civilisations, but i also wonder how much can be attributed to 'giants', or even lost 'technology' in the form of work with frequencies. what about you?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

I'll continue to state I can argue for and against. I've beem over the years all over on both sides and I'm still not 100 % sure of either.

What I do know is that South America and in particular Peru is one mysterious place and will continue to be so with every new discovery.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Great Post, One things for sure the more they find and think they know the more they find out that they dont know.
Every knew discovery leaves more questions than answers. Our Ancient ancestors were undoubtedly more advanced than we give them credit for.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

The area in question is very dry but bizarrely the remnant ruins show what appears to be water erosion. Two things pop into question. 1. When did the last major environment change occur and 2. Just exactly how possibly old is this site? Here are couple of renditions of what the whole site may have looked like at it's height.

It is my reckoning that this site, amongst others, is pre-ice age. The Sphinx comes to mind immediately but we're not discussing that right now.

Something I also find interesting is that these 'Mummies' are all sat upright in a sort of fetal position. It almost looks as though they were bound by ropes when they died! Maybe they were prisoners?

Either that or they were placed in this strange position, immediately after death and before rigamortis set in. So many questions...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Agreed and as time goes by we'll find out more for sure.
I just hope I'm around for any major Earth shattering discoveries.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I'm pretty sure a lot of these mummies weren't even mummies at all, really. If these are the same people I'm thinking of, some of these people were found mummified after having died in their homes. Talk about an arid climate! That's not to say they didn't practice mummification though, because they did. Just that its a very intriguing site, for many reasons.

Slayer, I'd almost wager the last time this site saw heavy rain and lots of water was 10,500BC. What do ya wanna bet? Haha
And its not only that either. Its nearly ALL of these old monolithic sites that are found in inhospitable areas. From Turkey to the jungles of the Yucatan. From Tue Peruvian desert to the very top of the Andes mountains.

They're all over the world, but we don't find them in, say, the Great Plains of North America.

Interesting, would you care to elaborate on the heavy rain 10,500BC? I have a non-official source of information according to which the Nazca lines must be much older than the currently accepted 2,000BC.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Subscribed

Unfortunately my hour dinner doesnt allow the time needed to read and research the information in this thread.

Thanks again, Slayer

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Quadrivium

Oh man, I could spend all day talking about my various outside the box theories on the Olmec. That's a culture I'm going to revisit and soon as a topic of a thread.

Stay tuned.

that's why I have been pulling these large PDFs and reading through them. I am truly fascinated by them. There is a lot there that is missing.
I was thinking of doing a thread myself. No doubt yours would be better because Ancient Civilizations seem to be your forte but I may give it a go anyway

Quad
edit on 14-12-2012 by Quadrivium because:
quoted the wrong post

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Why are the bones arranged the way they are in those tombs? Do you know if the archaeologist stack them this way or were they found like that? Which would obviously mean that the Nazca people mutilated some of the dead.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Slayer, I can't find the reference for it right now, but if I remember correctly one of the popular theories as to Peru's current climate as compared to ancient times had something to do with the ocean currents, specifically El Nino and La Nina.

I both read and saw something about those currents changing (more to what they are today), and that prior to that. Peru was a much wetter place than it is today.

Good thread btw, I always enjoy reading yours, especially when you come up with something I've not see before!

S&F

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Very good slayer.
I didn't know about this either.

And that one mummy almost looks like it's a readhead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join