It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sightings in Sri Lanka Have Military on Alert - December 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The Sri Lanka Air Force states that it is keeping a twenty four hour vigil regarding the unidentified lights that were witnessed in the skies over several parts of the country in the recent past.

SLAF Media Spokesperson Wing Commander Shiras Jalaldeen said that no unidentified airborne craft had been picked up on radar as yet.

Meanwhile, unidentified lights were witnessed in the skies over several parts of the country, on Monday as well.

An unidentified light was witnessed in the skies above Hambegamuwa in Thanamalwila at around 8.30 on Monday night.

Meanwhile, this unidentified light was captured on a mobile phone camera, in the eastern skies above Ambalanthota.

An unidentified light was also recorded on a mobile phone camera in the skies above Ihalayagoda in Gampaha.

What are these unidentified lights? If they are not UFOs, then who is responsible for informing the public as to what they are?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
...or they could be stars.

The spokesman said the Air Force were providing information about such sightings by the public. Some have been investigated and found to be lights emitted by large stars, he added.

However, the AF is without capabilities to observe falling meteors or other objects, he said.

SOURCE

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Well I don't know what the lights are, but I do know one thing...

...it's definitely snowing on that news anchor.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hell Yeahhhh..Ufo Booming all over the country..they want to watch big event to earth...

edit on 13-12-2012 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't know how much credit I would give the Sri Lankan military. Probably on par with the Peruvian military march, where a soldier set himself on fire.

It's something about those third string military outfits, how they forget to buy fire resistant dress, how they don't know how to identify stars... That kinda thing...
edit on 13-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Characteristics [ Object ] :

- Non Detectable to Radar
- Multi - colored : Blue , Green , Yellow , White
- Continuously changes color
- spherical in shape
- Emits Light
- Hovers
- Makes no Noise
- Not Stars [ Because stars Twinkle ]

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well Cast your eyes to the skyz tonight is a meteor shower maybe were all suppose to look up tonight

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Yeah, I don't know how much credit I would give the Sri Lankan military. Probably on par with the Peruvian military march, where a soldier set himself on fire.

It's something about those third string military outfits, how they forget to buy fire resistant dress, how they don't know how to identify stars... That kind thing...

Thanks for that vid boncho!!
I know it's a little sick, but I really couldn't stop myself from smiling then LOL

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I recently saw the same patrol car in the sky here over Brooklyn, NY. Moved along swiftly, flashing red, white, green and blue just like the one in the video. It wasn't a plane. Who knows? Maybe they are here to watch the earth crumble.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
Characteristics [ Object ] :

- Non Detectable to Radar
- Multi - colored : Blue , Green , Yellow , White
- Continuously changes color
- spherical in shape
- Emits Light
- Hovers
- Makes no Noise
- Not Stars [ Because stars Twinkle ]

Im not being funny but all those characteristics you point out does not rule out stars.

Stars in the right atmospheric conditions can appear to change colour and look very much like what were seeing in the video.

It still possible what these people are seeing isnt what shown in the mobile video clips so a star for you for bringing it to our attention

edit on 13-12-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2012 by anomalie because: bad spelling and grammar as usual

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What HORRIBLE camera quality

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Once again, scintillating stars fool people. Very common. Eastern sky from Sri Lanka at 8:30pm...check Stellarium... bet it's Capella, Aldebaron, Jupiter, or Rigel. All of those stars/planet are RIGHT THERE at that time/place, and all of them have been known to scintillate.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Thank you for your post. That was an excellent local news report on sightings with whole families watching.

I predict that we will be seeing a whole lot more of these in the weeks to come -- at least in places where the media is not completely controlled.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
They look like Stars , like this .

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

How do you explain the ' Hovering ' nature of the Unidentified object ?

Note :
- The objects were captured using Mobile Phone device
- The objects appear very near
- The objects didn't stay there for long
- Military / Media / Pubic are not so dumb not to be able to differentiate between a star and an Unidentified object

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
...or they could be stars.

The spokesman said the Air Force were providing information about such sightings by the public. Some have been investigated and found to be lights emitted by large stars, he added.

However, the AF is without capabilities to observe falling meteors or other objects, he said.

SOURCE

So judging from the source's photo it was the Hale Bopp comet...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

And what do you judge from the source Video ?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
WAS THIS FILMED WITH A SHOE?!

Not even worth the time...that could be anyway with lights on it...nothing substantial in this video to warrant a discussion.

HOWEVER! The fact that it brought a lot of attention to itself should be focused on, not so much the video. There has to be a reason why the military would react the way they have. Maybe tension is super high in this region and they are just being safe for safes sake?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Nop , Filmed with a Mobile phone camera [ I phone 5 (sarcasm) ]

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That guy in the video: "It's moving across the screen so it must be a comet" *Facepalm* Either that or it's the Earth rotating. He's never seen a comet before obviously.

All this talk of stars, I'm going to go supernova if I read any more UFO sightings which are stars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join