It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello. I am SBMcG. Oh, and why is NASA worried about 12-21-12...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I have to boogie, but I will leave you all with this until I get to work tomorrow and can get paid by someone else to waste time on ATS...

Plausible deniability.

NASA says nothing is going to happen, but something does. the Powers-that-Be higher up the food chain can say "NASA said..."

Just like Ben Ghazi...

Someone is left holding a tail, but there's no cat to be found.

I'm telling y'all, this NASA video is problematic at best.

Sleep on it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
What I find equally fascinating is all the announcements that 'NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN ON 12/21/2012' as if they know that for sure.

I'm not saying it's going to be the end of the world, but there's no guarantees there won't be a significant earthquake, or a terrorist attack somewhere, or any number of other things out of the ordinary. An assurance that nothing is going to happen is just as hollow as predictions that something will.

Nothing is going to happen as predicted by the majority of doomsday profiteers. We know that because 2012, in its entirety, has been debunked.

A terrorist attack, an earthquake, tsunami, is a usual liability. Certainly something that will not see the "end of the world". So as far as the world ending, it's not going to.

As far as a meteor, asteroid impact happening, that is a ever present risk, however, NEOs are tracked by NASA and one that threatened our existence would be (more than likely) picked up long before it happened. Definitely before the presumed date of bank transfers from doomsayers... I mean... the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Why not email NASA's PR department and ask? I have a friend who works for NASA, I'll send him a text. Perhaps they thought they would cash in on the popularity of the subject. I doubt there's anything sinister going on here. I don't see the big deal.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
reply to post by signalfire

Plausible deniability.

NASA says nothing is going to happen, but something does. the Powers-that-Be higher up the food chain can say "NASA said..."

Just like Ben Ghazi...

Sleep on it.

Watch out, don't let them hear you talk like that...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Now that you put it that way i think your right, i thought NASA were part of a space program and they had better things to do than to make a video like "I told you so". Are these the kind of people NASA is hiring these days, so much free time on their hands that they decided to become critics on behalf of their company

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

It's a little like DHS going out of their way to make an anti-9-11 Truther video.

I walked it by a couple of my coworkers today and they even thought it was weird.

Again, I will admit, my personal opinion is nothing at all will happen on 12-21-12 Mayan prophecy-wise (Jesus! that's one week from today...), but I do find it rather odd NASA went to all the trouble of making this video.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Why? What branch do you suggest put out a debunking video if not NASA? At least the entire premise of this "prophecy" (of which there never was one), was based on the stars. I'd say that puts them in a position to comment about it. Why comment at all?

Just look at the madness and ridiculous claims by people on this board alone. I applaud the government for making a statement of any kind - it's their duty to calm people down in a state of emergency. While this is hardly that, a bit of common sense doesn't go astray when you have emotional, irrational people making broad leaps of poor logic and spreading their propaganda to the social networking four winds so to speak.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

reply to post by BacknTime

It's a little like DHS going out of their way to make an anti-9-11 Truther video.

I walked it by a couple of my coworkers today and they even thought it was weird.

Again, I will admit, my personal opinion is nothing at all will happen on 12-21-12 Mayan prophecy-wise (Jesus! that's one week from today...), but I do find it rather odd NASA went to all the trouble of making this video.

Notice how DHS didn't do that?

What reason might that be?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

All very well taken, and thank you for your sourcing.

But government doesn't "debunk" other apocalyptic claims. The last time I checked, the Department of Labor hadn't put out a video on the book of Revelation and the Four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Sorry, dude -- this NASA 12-21-12 is a little funky.

Because the last time i checked there wasn't a definite 'Bibllical Apocalypse' happening at fixed date this week such that its whipping hysteria in the gullible.

Idiots will still do themselves harm over this 21st December thing but at least the NASA people will know they really tried.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The reason is because people were going to NASA with their questions and worries. The DHS wasn't receiving mass amounts of emails asking them what the Maya said about 2012. The Department of Agriculture wasn't hearing from children that they were depressed and were contemplating suicide over 2012. They went to NASA. As a result, in an attempt to stem the tide of emails like this they've put out a number of videos debunking 2012. Also this is not the first time NASA has spoken up regarding supposed doomsday. They did the same thing last year with the Elenin craze.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I just wonder the basic obvious. Why put so much effort into a NASA Google + hangout and then a debunking video (prematurely released, I might add) when they claim "nothing" is going to happen?

Why all the talk about this nothing? This nothing seems important enough to call quite a bit of attention to!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anjuna

Well, that was my question to begin with. Why would such a respected and accomplished institution as NASA even bother to dignify a theory as seemingly implausible as the 12-21-12 Doomsday scenario?

Why bother?

Even though I don't think anything will actually happen tomorrow (other than some sporadic lunacy by groups or individuals trying to punk a fearful public), this NASA video lends credibility if anything to the issue by acknowledging that it is an issue in the first place.

I don't know... I just find it a little weird.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Welcome,

Why cant the world end and all the women turn into Victoria Secret's angels???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join