It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilarious SEMI-lucid dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I am not someone who has ever been able to master lucid dreaming, however I've had many instances of becoming aware that I'm dreaming over the course of my life. A few have been really odd too. For instance, one time a shaman was telling me to open my eyes, and I replied, "they are open," and he said, "no, your other eyes." And then I did, and I was laying in my bed staring at the wall, while still also continuing to simultaneously dream about the shaman in his hut (for lack of a better term for it.) He then said, "See, you can be in two places at once."

Anyhow, I've always had strange dreams like that. But this one was absolutely hilarious. I found myself in a field. It was beautiful, peaceful, placid. I realized I was dreaming. I told myself, "Okay.... you're fully aware. You know this is a dream. You have the power to do anything you want. You'll never be more fully in control of your own consciousness than in this state. So create or do whatever you most want!" Suddenly, I somehow forgot what I was doing, and found that I was a fuzzy muppet-like... thing... with horns. And I bent over and stuck my horns into the dirt.

I quickly realized this was happening, pulled my horns out of the dirt, stood back up, and said, "No, no, no. Stop getting distracted and dreaming random stuff. Create something amazing! Try flying up into space and seeing the world from above!"

*Horns in the dirt.*

*Stands back up.*

"NO, me! Come on! Cooperate! You can be a horned muppet if you must, but at least do something awesome. Create a portal to another universe and step through it. This is a dream. You are in control..."

*Horns in the dirt.*

This whole inner dialogue was going on, and no matter what I told myself, or how aware I was that I was dreaming, I found myself with my muppet horns back in the dirt.

Finally I said to myself, "Okay fine then, if you won't do what I say, lets wake up at least," and woke up right then and there. Then I started laughing because it was hysterical in retrospect.

Anyway, just thought someone might get a chuckle out of this.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Nice dream Ace...I have had many also.Seems so real eh.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
classic! I reckon there's a message in there somewhere

too funny, I love dreams or whatever people call it now.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Thanks for sharing. I had one this morning. While I was wondering around in my lucid dream I felt someone pull me out by grabbing my shoulder. Then, I had a short sleep paralysis and an out of body experience. It was scary because it's the first time it happens to me. I couldn't control my "floating" and went back to my body and woke up again.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron78

I get that a lot, too. The whole floating half in and half out thing, unable to control it or go anywhere. It's like I'm suspended by air on an air hockey table, but can't control myself or gain any traction. Then I eventually drift back in and wake up. It is scary when it happens. I've never been able to hone or control these dream experiences (or parasomnias, depending on what end of the spectrum you're looking at them from.) They just sort of happen and resolve on their own.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
That was AWESOME!! Hahahahahaha! Thank you so much for a great laugh tonight, i so needed it. You described it so well, *horns in the dirt* I could actually picture it. Thank you, again, for ending my evening on a positive note

top topics

join