It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Geminid Meteor Shower 2012 and Strange Star Communication?! Is this a prelude to 12 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So if you don't already know a meteor shower is going on. heres the link www.huffingtonpost.com...

I have only seen about 5 so far and probably missing some while I type this. The sky is pretty clear and everything looks amazing.

Well while I was observing I've noticed a bright star (its not moving, definitely not a plane,heliocopter,swamp gass, birds weather baloon etc...) This bright star however is pulsating colors red blue and the typical white. Its almost llke morse code or something, Ive also noticed 3 other stars doing the same thing. What could this be? Also Ive seen a red one . They seem to be communicating back and forward almos like a scene from close encounters of the third kind.
or morse code/light signals etc

Now your probably wondering wheres the pics well I don't ha a quality camera and its too high up for my camera to capture this. So I am creatin this thread to give other people the opurtunity to catch this amazing sight and or explain what I'm seeing? thanks in advance.

Also too help give you a general location so your not searching the sky on a wild goose chase of interstellar proportions: one of them is near the little dipper( or one of the dippers or some arrow type thing, but im leaning towards its a dipper), once you find that look down in an angle of 7 to 8 oclock and you should find the first one. Method two just find the brightest star in the sky pan your eyes around and you'll eventually find it.

Good luck

Post everything and anything you see or experience

edit on 13-12-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: typos...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

Need a little more on location--what's nearest big city and what direction are you looking?
I'll see what's on Stellarium.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'll say that while I do see these pulsating beautiful stars on most clear nights, they do seem to be on a larger scale with this meteor shower. Really beautiful. I also viewed what I think was a satellite early morning.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I think I'm looking north, Im viewing this from the south central pa area the nearest city would be Pittsburgh or Philadelphia. Hope that helps with the direction, and thanks for the help.
edit on 13-12-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: added more of my area..i would give more specifics but its the internet lol...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You aren't alone......
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The big bright one just below the little dipper is Jupiter.

www.astroviewer.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I saw a star similar to this about 5 years ago. Never seen anything like it, it was in the northern sky in central british columbia. It looked like a cop car from a distance, but it was high up in the sky, it was really impressive how it could change colors flashing red blue green orange and everything inbetween.

I made a thread on it back in the day, and was told it was a scintallation effect. Here

And that was the end of that. I've seen it many times since.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

And yes, I and others also see what you are referring to. Check this out:
www.youtube.com...
I think that's in Canada, and I see them in California.
Something is defintely going on.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope

I think I'm looking north, Im viewing this from the south central pa area the nearest city would be Pittsburgh or Philadelphia. Hope that helps with the direction, and thanks for the help.
edit on 13-12-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: added more of my area..i would give more specifics but its the internet lol...

Anything look familiar?
Looking north

Looking south

I did a bad job of resizing, but I'm too lazy to fix it--sorry

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
You aren't alone......
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ahh i see, thats cool someone got it on camera, that is similar.

reply to post by kdog1982

Originally posted by kdog1982
The big bright one just below the little dipper is Jupiter.

www.astroviewer.com...

ahh thanks I was wondering what that one was.

reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
I saw a star similar to this about 5 years ago. Never seen anything like it, it was in the northern sky in central british columbia. It looked like a cop car from a distance, but it was high up in the sky, it was really impressive how it could change colors flashing red blue green orange and everything inbetween.

I made a thread on it back in the day, and was told it was a scintallation effect. Here

And that was the end of that. I've seen it many times since.

Ahh thats interesting, very cool, thanks, i had the same thought it looked like a police light in the sky..

reply to post by robwebbjr

Originally posted by robwebbjr

And yes, I and others also see what you are referring to. Check this out:
www.youtube.com...
I think that's in Canada, and I see them in California.
Something is defintely going on.

yeah interesting vid thanks, but theres multiple of them out there and like I said its as if there communicating,

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope

Anything look familiar?
Looking north

Looking south

I did a bad job of resizing, but I'm too lazy to fix it--sorry

yeah I think the first image you put looks familiar, Im not too sure bcuz when im outside im looking strait up above, I appreciate you trying to help thanks for the detailed maps. When I walk outside im parallel to the east, I'm not sure if that extra info helps
edit on 13-12-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: details

but then again the second image looks familiar too...one of the dippers are usually visible fom where im at idk if that helps, also i can see a red star, I can see an extremely bright star(the brightest in sky) and then theres like 4-5 of the pulsating color changing stars (going between blue red,and white.
edit on 13-12-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: details

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I see one too, its flickering between red and blue while remaining mostly white. But its in the south sky. I saw a beautiful white burst of a meteor flash across the sky. Thanks OP for brining tonights shower to my attention!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The star doing all of the flickering and pulsating is probably Sirius. Was it "below" Jupiter in the sky off a little bit to the left? That's Sirius. As for the red star you saw, if it was to the left of three stars perfectly vertically on top of each other, that's Betelgeuse. It's a red super giant and that's why it is that color.

In regards to the meteor shower, I got to see eight shooting stars, one "airplane" moving way too fast to be an airplane and changing flight path too quickly, and got to hear a bunch of creepy ducks off in the woods. Their quacking sounded like maniacal laughter almost.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Myomistress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kimar

Originally posted by kimar
I see one too, its flickering between red and blue while remaining mostly white. But its in the south sky. I saw a beautiful white burst of a meteor flash across the sky. Thanks OP for brining tonights shower to my attention!

No problem always glad to, be of some help, and share marvelous sights the sky offers, and yup sounds like the same thing but i see multiples in strategic locations.

reply to post by Myomistress

Originally posted by Myomistress
The star doing all of the flickering and pulsating is probably Sirius. Was it "below" Jupiter in the sky off a little bit to the left? That's Sirius. As for the red star you saw, if it was to the left of three stars perfectly vertically on top of each other, that's Betelgeuse. It's a red super giant and that's why it is that color.

In regards to the meteor shower, I got to see eight shooting stars, one "airplane" moving way too fast to be an airplane and changing flight path too quickly, and got to hear a bunch of creepy ducks off in the woods. Their quacking sounded like maniacal laughter almost.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Myomistress because: (no reason given)

hmm interesting, your telling me a red super giant is visible to my naked eye all the way from here omg idk sounds scary..but I don't see the others you described so it might not be that idk.

The meteors do look really nice, and sounds like a ufo coming to check out the show too lol, and that duck thing had me rolling
way too funny, and scary I would of had to get some weapons ready or run inside lolol jk but that does sound scary

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

www.stellarium.org...

it's a free program. Lets you see the sky from any location and time

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Sitting out on my balcony in NE Wisconsin drinking a 6pk. and listening to Ground Zero on the radio...I've seen 7 meteors in the past hour from my location.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
While looking up at the stars I got goosebumps tonight. Even now just typing this laying here I'm getting "surges of electrical discharge" all over myself. I feel a very strong connection to the celestial skies tonight, close your eyes and tell me what you see, friend.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
We've seen way more planes in the sky than usual, plus some weird really bright lights flying by. Part of me wants to say it's something really weird and unidentified but I think it's because we're just focused on the sky so we're just noticing everything that goes on up there.

Edited to add: This has been one of the most beautiful meteor showers I have ever seen. We've seen about 4 huge ones fly by with long blue tails and tons of smaller, baby ones. Absolutely amazing to watch.
edit on 12/14/2012 by itsallamile because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Man, it's cold out here! I've seen 9 meteors now. No fireballs yet but I'm good for at least another hour.

Looking at the constellation Orion... 10 now. Jupiter is high in the sky.
edit on 12/14/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hey OP does this look like what you saw?

www.youtube.com...

Taken from www.abovetopsecret.com...

Figured there may be a connection. I've seen this pulsating green, red, and blue star twice in the past 2 weeks. Other people from my town have seen and report the same thing. A circular object that pulsates green, red, and blue.

I was looking on stellarium and perhaps it is Arcturus? Our brothers sending us a signal, perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join