It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my wife saw this as we got to our motel after a four hour drive.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Flawless logic.
I may indeed utilize your test at the next opportunity.
In the meantime, I'm going to go with my gut on this one.
Sometimes you just have to guess, Spock.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBoyPluto
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

To be honest, I have a terrible sense of direction and couldn't tell you which way I was looking. I know it was around 9:30, and I'm in Sarasota.

Maybe you should ask your wife what direction you were facing. Seriously.

Or, you could use Google Maps, find your hotel, and based on that info determine which direction you were facing. DON'T USE APPLE MAPS....you will end up in Antarctica or some place.
edit on 13-12-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

To be honest, I have a terrible sense of direction and couldn't tell you which way I was looking. I know it was around 9:30, and I'm in Sarasota.

Maybe you should ask your wife what direction you were facing. Seriously.

Or, you could use Google Maps, find your hotel, and based on that info determine which direction you were facing. DON'T USE APPLE MAPS....you will end up in Antarctica or some place.
edit on 13-12-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

East.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
OP did you see this on 12/12/12? This appears to be similar to a supernova explosion.

According to the ET channels on 12/12/12 the explosion of the PAT supernova signified the beginning of the Ascension process.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Which way did it move?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No, I saw this tonight on 12/13.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Which way did it move?

Each time to go check on it, it seemed to be moving UP.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kingster129

Did he use too much NOS? See link for Pats Super Nova

In all honesty, I can pretty much say you saw Sirius. It was VERY bright last night, and the scintillation from the atmosphere causes it to "twinkle".

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by robwebbjr
reply to post by Druscilla

Hmmm...
I thought one of the virtues of 'the cloud' was that everything could be tied in together.
If TPTB don't want us knowing what they're doing right under our noses (or over our heads), I'm pretty sure they would find a way to make the obvious disappear.
And yes, I am insinuating that these objects are possibly to do as much with military/industrial as with strictly alien.

Uh-huh.
Tell you what; YOU download one of those apps, and also download a program like Stellarium to your desktop system.

find something in the sky that identifies as a specifically named star that you think is a UFO, then, making sure your desktop system is unplugged from the internet, open up stellarium and look at the star map displayed by stellarium without any internet connection.
Yup, you've get the same results.

No internet connection + verification across 2 or more different applications on phone and desktop = NO PTB.

I never said that this was aliens or UFOs, I said that I thought it was strange so I posted it here..

Anyway, will do.

Sorry OP, I didn't mean to incriminateyou.
At this time, I am pretty sure (to my own satisfaction anyway) that things that I've seen that seem really similar to what you posted are something other than what they are 'pretending' to be.
I've reached a point in my life where I've learned to trust my instincts - even when they defy logic and convention.
The naysayers may cry BS, but part of waking up is learning to trust your inner knowing.
These ain't stars.
Don't know what they are, but they ain't stars.
And FIY, my hunch is that we will find out what they are in relatively short order - or at least be able ot dispel some of the mystery of just what we are looking at.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by robwebbjr

They all aren't stars. Some are planets too.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingster129
OP did you see this on 12/12/12? This appears to be similar to a supernova explosion.

According to the ET channels on 12/12/12 the explosion of the PAT supernova signified the beginning of the Ascension process.

ET channels?

I actually do believe there are ET channelers but tend to be afraid of groups of them that could be disinfo.

but ET channels.... Why can't we have REAL ET channels. We could probably be watching ET reality TV from their ships right now. We could learn all about various races and stuff if they are flying around out there. I think (because I've had a visitation and consider myself a contactee, possibly a CURRENT contactee but that takes too long to explain) They already get ET signals... like we could be watching them on web cam if they weren't blocking the signals from us.

So what the appropriate response from us should be is developing a way to locate their signals and build some type of receiver. It would probably be pretty simple if we understood the frequency or range. Some devices probably already do this but are expensive. I wanted to buy some night vision stuff and some of those things they listen for ghosts with, but there are too expensive for a broke person.

This is what pisses me off about so called mufon... they investigate this stuff? WHEN? WHERE? because stuff is constantly happening around me and I'm constantly hearing stuff and other people notice it but these other people aren't nice and do not want to share info.

What? Do only aholes investigate ET contact? From my experiences, that is precisely the case and they aint sharing and they aint helping!

Could you imagine a real ET reality show though?

That could potentially be freaking awesome. They could have special guests on the ship/show as we learn about them. They could hand pick the guests and the guests could talk about their experiences and it could also be like a "dramady" with special performances and nobody would be watching anything else on TV for quite some.

What's mostly funny about it is that it's probably quite possible and could pave the way to a safe first worldwide contact.

BUT WE AINT RUNNING THIS PLACE... So I guess scratch that totally awesome idea.

Just like all my other totally awesome ideas.

edit on 13-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Which way did it move?

Each time to go check on it, it seemed to be moving UP.

This would be consistent with the Star in Orion called Betelgeuse...

9:30...

11:00...

edit on 12/14/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I live near a major airport and if a plane is coming in from a distance in a straight line toward me, it appears this way as well. I have seen this phenomenon numerous times, also with the red, white, and blue flashing light, but the duration you describe would be the only thing different. Although, I have watched this for over 10 minutes before. Could have been multiple planes coming at you from a far distance and you didn't watch them long enough to see the point at which they changed course and flew past. Once they get to that point, it only takes a moment for them to fly right past, and they are so high I can't hear them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It is the star Sirius... as another poster pointed out.

There have been a number of threads asking this very same question since I've been a member here, people asking about what that bright multi-coloured flickering light is in the sky towards the east. It always ends up to be Sirius.

It's literally the brightest star in our sky, and will eventually get even brighter because it's heading towards our galaxy and will take about 60,000 years to reach its closest pass by us.

Some info to explain what you're seeing:

Although white to blue white in color, Sirius might be called a rainbow star, as it often flickers with many colors.

The brightness, twinkling and color changes sometimes prompt first-time observers to report Sirius as a UFO. But these changes have nothing to do with Sirius. Rather, they are what happens when such a bright star as Sirius shines through the blanket of Earth’s atmosphere. The light from Sirius, which often appears fairly low in the sky from the mid-north latitudes, passes through a long column of air before it reaches our eyes. Changes in density and temperature of this air affect the light and cause the flickering and shimmering we see when we gaze at this star. This happens for other stars, too, but it is more noticeable for Sirius because it is so bright, and because it appears low in the sky.

From the mid-northern latitudes such as most of the U.S., Sirius rises in the southeast, arcs across the southern sky, and sets in the southwest. In December, you’ll find Sirius rising in mid-evening. By mid-April, Sirius is setting in the southwest in mid-evening.

Earthsky.org

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I never see the big ones start color strobing like that, it's always mid sized stars and generally only one at a time no matter how many other mid sized stars are right next to them.

plus, when i saw that... nobody knew what star i was even looking at simply because I did not have a picture or video and I have yet to see loads of videos and pictures of Sirius on hoax YT videos. How did they compile the info of all these reports? where is it being reported to? ATS? Youtube? How is this article writer keeping tabs on that?

i don't know about the object in the video but when I saw a color strobing star, I'm absolutely certain it was not Sirius. That's a definite No.
edit on 14-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I can't help but reply to this. I seriously think I'm getting too old for this site now and should consider leaving. The video is quite clearly a star. Whether it is Sirius or not, I can't say for certain as I don't know where Sirius was in relation to you on that night. I can say with some certainty however that it is consistent with Sirius or any other bright star.

For those who say stars don't pulsate or change colour like that, you either live in a city with too much light pollution to make it obvious or you are purely in favour of a more ET explanation. I live in a city with relatively good night time visibility and can tell you that on a clear night, MOST of the stars in the sky 'twinkle' (ever heard of a child's song relating to the twinkling of a star?) except for some of the fainter ones and the 'stars' that are actually planets although Venus also sometimes looks to be twinkling.

to the OP, 40-60 minutes is sufficient time for a star to move across the sky significantly. Whether it disappeared or not or simply moved out of your line of sight, we will just have to take your word for but I am guessing it was still there somewhere, maybe behind a tree or a building. I know you aren't claiming that it is a UFO so I'm not having a go but you are suggesting it and many misguided members are jumping on the rather tiresome "it's definitely not a star" band-wagon with no evidence to suggest otherwise. THEY are debunking the truth, the so-called 'debunkers' such as myself are the people with knowledge of what is going on around us with the means to back up our suggestions. Knowledge is power, education is priceless.
edit on 14-12-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I can't help but reply to this. I seriously think I'm getting too old for this site now and should consider leaving. The video is quite clearly a star. Whether it is Sirius or not, I can't say for certain as I don't know where Sirius was in relation to you on that night. I can say with some certainty however that it is consistent with Sirius or any other bright star.

For those who say stars don't pulsate or change colour like that, you either live in a city with too much light pollution to make it obvious or you are purely in favour of a more ET explanation. I live in a city with relatively good night time visibility and can tell you that on a clear night, MOST of the stars in the sky 'twinkle' (ever heard of a child's song relating to the twinkling of a star?) except for some of the fainter ones and the 'stars' that are actually planets although Venus also sometimes looks to be twinkling.

to the OP, 40-60 minutes is sufficient time for a star to move across the sky significantly. Whether it disappeared or not or simply moved out of your line of sight, we will just have to take your word for but I am guessing it was still there somewhere, maybe behind a tree or a building. I know you aren't claiming that it is a UFO so I'm not having a go but you are suggesting it and many misguided members are jumping on the rather tiresome "it's definitely not a star" band-wagon with no evidence to suggest otherwise. THEY are debunking the truth, the so-called 'debunkers' such as myself are the people with knowledge of what is going on around us with the means to back up our suggestions. Knowledge is power, education is priceless.

Why are you talking to me? That is not my video. What I saw was in the southeast sky very late at night last summer. Does that sound like Sirius to you because I KNOW it wasn't Sirius. SIRIUS IS KINDA HARD TO MISS.

That is when it's in the sky.

Furthermore, I never said stars don't twinkle or have color. I've seen lot's of stars do this.... but I have only seen one strobe like a Christmas ornament and no other star near it was doing the same thing so talk about what you know or what you have seen because neither applies to you and your opinions of what I saw..

You sit there and sigh, groan, moan and do whatever you need to do to kill time but don't sit there and make assumptions and put words in my mouth.

I have no idea what this object in the video is.

I think I made that clear so please make the appropriate corrections in your "conception" or whatever you want to call that.
edit on 14-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Sorry, I don't know why I replied to you. Removed the 'reply to' banner. Apologies.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Sorry, I don't know why I replied to you. Removed the 'reply to' banner. Apologies.

Oh... damn.

Now I feel bad.

Situations like this is why the world needs telepathy. Well, one of the reasons.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Oh... damn.

Now I feel bad.

Situations like this is why the world needs telepathy. Well, one of the reasons.

No worries, I've got skin like a rhino and duck feathers on my back. Add telepathy and you would find me in the Cryptozoology forum

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join