It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my wife saw this as we got to our motel after a four hour drive.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoyPluto

Probably that spinning Korean satellite.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBoyPluto

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I'm glad you posted that, we saw something similar a few nights ago. In our case the object was directly overhead at 12 o clock position, it was the exact same weird blue color but we didn't see it changing colors. The person I was with doesn't believe in ANY weird stuff in the sky conspiracies but was absolutely freaked out because this thing was moving in every direction rather quickly.
There has been a pulsing red white and blue light in the southern sky for most of the year, I looked it up and somebody said it was a pulsar or something. If that's the same object it is getting closer since it was nowhere near that big when I last saw it a few months ago.

My phone makes images make smaller much smaller than they really are. I took some more videos of it, and it stopped pulsating different colors and it stayed blue.

The color of that object is what makes it unique, it is a very vivid blue and it stands out in the sky. The red white and blue flashing object stood out because it was the only thing in the sky changing colors like that. A few months ago it was no bigger than the other stars, just different, if this all pertains to the same object it is absolutely getting closer and moving pretty fast.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
With this star map,about where are you seeing this.

www.astroviewer.com...

This is about 10:35 pm est from NYC.
edit on 13-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I seem to be getting a lot of mixed answers, here.

Give your exact location and time and what direction you were looking and I will tell you what you were looking at.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Looks like a Star.

If you have an android phone to film the thing with, why don't you install one of the many free astronomical apps?
Top 10 astronomy apps 2012
Top 5 Android Astronomy apps.

Using one of those, you can aim your phone at the sky and the app will tell you what you're looking at.

He probably hasn't installed the app because he wants to know what the object REALLY is. Perhaps those programs are why so many people are dismissing obvious anomalies in the night sky.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is nothing more than an airplane. Airplanes at night have green and red flashing navigation lights. Other aircraft use this visual information to assess direction of travel. It is far away and the atmospheric conditions at the time of sighting make it blurred and point-like.
edit on 13-12-2012 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I must admit that I have not used astronomical apps to determine the identity of the objects that I have viewed and which remind me of the OP's sighting.
Never the less, I offer the fact that I have had the opportunity to observe stars with the naked eye for almost forty years now; and presuming that I have at least an average level of cognitive functionality, I feel quite somfortable asserting that these exceptionally bright, rapidly scintillating objects as observed by the OP (or at least the ones that I've seen that look like what the OP posted) are not stars, but something else that I can not explain.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Now, I dismissed the fact that this is a helicopter or plane...

If you are going to dismiss facts, then what will you accept?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
I think it may be the space station. It gives off a blue and red flash like that.

They're in space, this is lower.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I regularly see a blue/red/white blinking object to the east. It is my understanding that this has to do with the Earth's atmosphere and how the rapid movement of particles in the air/space can cause this to occur.

So I would say it's a star.

After watching the video, I can tell you that this is exactly what I have seen. It's a star that has some light refraction issues.
edit on 13-12-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
This nothing more than an airplane. Airplanes at night have green and red falshing navigation lights. Other aircraft use this visual information to assess direction of travel. It is far away and the atmospheric conditions at the time of sighting make it blurred and point-like.

You do realize that planes don't have colors like pink and green, right? This was an array of different lights, I don't think this was a plane. Planes simply don't have all these colors in the video.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

He probably hasn't installed the app because he wants to know what the object REALLY is. Perhaps those programs are why so many people are dismissing obvious anomalies in the night sky.

Oh, yes, like any given interactive star map happens to know exactly what an alien space ship is and thus thereby knows how to give a false identity.

These apps are stupid and plug into a preloaded star map and GPS data plus the positional awareness and attitude sensors in the phone.

If a plane flies by and you aim your phone at the plane, the app isn't going to even show the plane, much less put a label on it saying something like "flight no. xxxx, Intercontinental Airlines" or something else. The app will simply ignore the plane and not show it at all since the plane is not in the preloaded static database.
The same goes for any UFOs.
If you aim camera with app running at a UFO, it won't show on the screen.

The apps show stars and planets, and in some cases, satellites. If it's not a star of planet, or in some cased where the software is sophisticated enough, a satellite then, it just won't show.

The app isn't wearing some tinfoil hat to perpetuate a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'll download the app, and because a lot of you think its a star, I'll keep my eyes open.

If I see anything similar to this in the same direction, I'll know its a star.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

I seem to be getting a lot of mixed answers, here.

Give your exact location and time and what direction you were looking and I will tell you what you were looking at.

???

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Hmmm...
I thought one of the virtues of 'the cloud' was that everything could be tied in together.
If TPTB don't want us knowing what they're doing right under our noses (or over our heads), I'm pretty sure they would find a way to make the obvious disappear.
And yes, I am insinuating that these objects are possibly to do as much with military/industrial as with strictly alien.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

To be honest, I have a terrible sense of direction and couldn't tell you which way I was looking. I know it was around 9:30, and I'm in Sarasota.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Scintillation (astronomy), atmospheric effects which influence astronomical observations

Many stars will have these characteristics...here is a thread you can read ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwebbjr

Hmmm...
I thought one of the virtues of 'the cloud' was that everything could be tied in together.
If TPTB don't want us knowing what they're doing right under our noses (or over our heads), I'm pretty sure they would find a way to make the obvious disappear.
And yes, I am insinuating that these objects are possibly to do as much with military/industrial as with strictly alien.

Uh-huh.
Tell you what; YOU download one of those apps, and also download a program like Stellarium to your desktop system.

find something in the sky that identifies as a specifically named star that you think is a UFO, then, making sure your desktop system is unplugged from the internet, open up stellarium and look at the star map displayed by stellarium without any internet connection.
Yup, you've get the same results.

No internet connection + verification across 2 or more different applications on phone and desktop = NO PTB.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Now, I know what you're all going to say. Before you guys judge, this was recorded with my android phone and the slightest movement shakes the whole screen. I apologize. Now, I dismissed the fact that this is a helicopter or plane because at the end of this video, you see a helicopter go by and you can hear it.

To make sure this was not a star, I went inside and went back out twenty minutes later. It was in a complete different position. I did it again, twenty minutes later, it moved again. Then I did it one more time, and when I went outside, it was gone.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I wish you had gotten more footage of the plane at the end.

I see different things in the sky but usually just get ridiculed by most people on here so I haven't yet mentioned my latest sightings.

I started noticing a bunch of planes circling my area and they have something bulky on both sides of the under belly (I know very little about planes... not into flying) I asked someone who told me they were recon planes... and that's extra surveillance equipment. There will be as many as 6 or 7 circling.... and they just fly round and round.... especially when I see this other little dots moving across the sky but WAAAAAY up... and the light doesn't blink. Sometimes it will quickly but gradually bright (as in a tapering on and tapering off effect) and then go back dim. Once I thought I was looking at a star and then one started moving. Sometimes I will see them moving and the sky is very clear but it might disappear suddenly and not reappear. There is no sound but I still can't rule out some type of plane because they are too high... so I wouldn't hear them anyway. They look like little stars. The recon planes (if that is what they are) always fly to their general location when they appear.

Right now I'm pretty concerned about a plane that almost crashed into the house. I did not see it but it woke me straight out of sleep and I just knew it was going to hit... it was diving fast and loud.

've been meaning to find out who to report that to.... because over top of houses that is extremely threatening.

I'm surprised some old person around here didn't have a heart attack. That makes me damn mad as hell.

These bitches own the #ing sky right over your head and do whatever the hell they want.... but we can't have space visitors.

I wish I did not have to share the world with these people because they are extremely abusive of the privilege of living on this planet.

That kind of crap isn't even funny but where are the sky police? They ARE the sky police or they at least think they own it so who do you report that crap to?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by robwebbjr

Hmmm...

Uh-huh.
Tell you what; YOU download one of those apps, and also download a program like Stellarium to your desktop system.

find something in the sky that identifies as a specifically named star that you think is a UFO, then, making sure your desktop system is unplugged from the internet, open up stellarium and look at the star map displayed by stellarium without any internet connection.
Yup, you've get the same results.

No internet connection + verification across 2 or more different applications on phone and desktop = NO PTB.

I never said that this was aliens or UFOs, I said that I thought it was strange so I posted it here..

Anyway, will do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join