It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my wife saw this as we got to our motel after a four hour drive.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Now, I know what you're all going to say. Before you guys judge, this was recorded with my android phone and the slightest movement shakes the whole screen. I apologize. Now, I dismissed the fact that this is a helicopter or plane because at the end of this video, you see a helicopter go by and you can hear it.

To make sure this was not a star, I went inside and went back out twenty minutes later. It was in a complete different position. I did it again, twenty minutes later, it moved again. Then I did it one more time, and when I went outside, it was gone.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think it may be the space station. It gives off a blue and red flash like that.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoyPluto

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I looked at the ground constantly and looked around to prove that I was not using some kind of laser pointer against a black screen and added nature noises, so you know this was actually the sky I was pointing at.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBoyPluto

Now, I know what you're all going to say. Before you guys judge, this was recorded with my android phone and the slightest movement shakes the whole screen. I apologize. Now, I dismissed the fact that this is a helicopter or plane because at the end of this video, you see a helicopter go by and you can hear it.

To make sure this was not a star, I went inside and went back out twenty minutes later. It was in a complete different position. I did it again, twenty minutes later, it moved again. Then I did it one more time, and when I went outside, it was gone.

Looks like a star to me. You do realize 20 minutes is a sufficient amount of time for a star to "move" relative to your position on the earth as the latter rotates?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Looks like a star to me. You do realize 20 minutes is a sufficient amount of time for a star to "move" relative to your position on the earth as the latter rotates?

Stars don't give off these kinds of lights to the naked eye.. you could see all of these pulsating lights with your eye..

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Don't listen to the *SNIP* debunkers, these things are not stars and they're all over the place.
This
www.youtube.com...
is from Canada, I think. And I see them regularly here in California.
I'm thinking they might not be physical objects, but maybe light show type projections from who knows what source. Maybe a Project Blue Beam or somthing.
And then there are these
www.youtube.com...
which I've also seen around here and which I suspect may be the day time version of the scintillating lights we're discussing.
Anyway, just know that you're not nuts. Or. at least if you are, there are lots of other nuts with you.
edit on 12-17-2012 by Springer because: We don't do childish name calling her at ATS

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Like these stars do in this Popocatepetl vulcano timelaps. (beginning around the 30sec mark.)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Stars don't give off these kinds of lights to the naked eye.. you could see all of these pulsating lights with your eye..

I've seen stars that look EXACTLY like this. Same colors and everything. While I love being called a "debunker" (I actually have a fairly open mind), this footage appears to me to be a star.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I'm glad you posted that, we saw something similar a few nights ago. In our case the object was directly overhead at 12 o clock position, it was the exact same weird blue color but we didn't see it changing colors. The person I was with doesn't believe in ANY weird stuff in the sky conspiracies but was absolutely freaked out because this thing was moving in every direction rather quickly.
There has been a pulsing red white and blue light in the southern sky for most of the year, I looked it up and somebody said it was a pulsar or something. If that's the same object it is getting closer since it was nowhere near that big when I last saw it a few months ago.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Well fine.
The footage looks like a star to you.
I've seen a phenomenon very similar to what the OP is showing. Granted, I haven't had a close up look at it, but if anything of significance depended on your assesment or mine, be assured that I would not be deferring to your judgement.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I'm glad you posted that, we saw something similar a few nights ago. In our case the object was directly overhead at 12 o clock position, it was the exact same weird blue color but we didn't see it changing colors. The person I was with doesn't believe in ANY weird stuff in the sky conspiracies but was absolutely freaked out because this thing was moving in every direction rather quickly.
There has been a pulsing red white and blue light in the southern sky for most of the year, I looked it up and somebody said it was a pulsar or something. If that's the same object it is getting closer since it was nowhere near that big when I last saw it a few months ago.

My phone makes images make smaller much smaller than they really are. I took some more videos of it, and it stopped pulsating different colors and it stayed blue.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I see these all the time. Strange.

On a clear night around here, I've seen 2-3 of them throughout the sky at the same time.

I honestly figured my neighbor and I were delusional.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
dam, thats definitley a fleet of visiting aliens. Ive never been a believer until i saw that footage.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Looks like a Star.

If you have an android phone to film the thing with, why don't you install one of the many free astronomical apps?
Top 10 astronomy apps 2012
Top 5 Android Astronomy apps.

Using one of those, you can aim your phone at the sky and the app will tell you what you're looking at.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I was up till about 3am this morning watching/photographing the Geminid meteor shower...and saw a couple of stars that would totally match what you saw. Scintillating in multiple colors, but definitely a star.

Sirius was pretty bright as well. With no moon up, you could not ask for a darker sky.
edit on 13-12-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I seem to be getting a lot of mixed answers, here.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

That happens.
download one of the apps linked in my previous post, and find out for yourself.

If it's a star, the same light will be around the same spot in the sky in the same direction, around the same time you initially noticed it tonight, and a couple nights from now, though I'd suggest looking for it an hour earlier each day if it was first spotted in a Western direction.

Install one of the apps, point your phone, and it won't matter how many mixed answers you get here because the app will tell you what it is.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I'll make sure to do that.
edit on 13-12-2012 by SpaceBoyPluto because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It almost reminds me of the star Sirius. Sirius is what I call the galactic police cruiser because it flashes all of those colors in the sky every night when it comes up. It's actually quite pretty to behold.

Where did you do your searches to be sure it was not a star? I suggest the program Stellarium if/when you get the chance. It allows you to put in your exact location and time to see what objects were in the sky from all four cardinal directions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join