It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed ATS Scientific Experiment for next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012 (can we validate a galactic align

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Hang on, that's not what he was saying, but that our sun orbits Alcyone and both orbit Sirius which is itself fixed relative to the center of the galaxy and rotates with the galactic rotation. At one point I noticed that he called it the center of the galaxy, but that wasn't what was presented.

edit on 14-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

Our sun does not orbit the star Alcyone.

Alcyone is one of the Pleiades. It's a binary star with two brown dwarfs and while THEY have enough gravity to cause all four to orbit a central point, there's not enough gravity to impact our solar system.

It was formed 70 million years ago -- 5 billion years AFTER our sun was born.

Our sun does not orbit Sirius. It's too far away. Alpha Centauri is closer and larger and we don't orbit that star, either: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I know. After some research I've come to realize this. Thanks anyway for the clarification.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by rickymouse

Then for you it would be 12:11am EST on the 21st (this Friday), so you'd start the pendulum's swing a few minutes prior to that, depending on experimentation with the equipment to see how well it maintains it's swing on a steady axis.

Thanks for this. I'm EST too and was wondering if there was a 'time' for this event/non event to begin. Never for a moment thought anything of the Y2K hoopla other than wondered if maybe my computer would have issues at work but this has had me curious for years now. Anxious to see how this little experiment goes too.
~Lu

ETA: SnF for ya.

edit on 18-12-2012 by JustLu because: snf

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join