It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed ATS Scientific Experiment for next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012 (can we validate a galactic align

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Proposed ATS Scientific Experiment for next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012 (can we validate a galactic alignment?)

OK, after having absorbed the info presented in this video

and for the record no, I don't believe the earth is about to stop and reverse direction, but much of the rest of the info is absolutely fantastic as you'll see if you haven't watched this already.

..an IDEA struck me, in terms of a way that we as a group of people in various parts of the world could validate for ourselves the phenomenon of a galactic alignment between our earth, moon, sun, our sun's central sun Sirius, around which our sun and our "brother sun" Alcyone, circles which in turn rotates as our central star directly in relation to the rotation of the entire galaxy, a relationship wherein our sun, Sol, also circles Alcyone, a fact most people knew nothing about, and the idea is this:

Pendulums.

During a solar eclipse when the moon and sun are in perfect alignment relative to the earth, which coincides with the visible eclipse (how perfect is that?), pendulums, in various parts of the world are known to change from an axial orientation (a back and forth line), to totally chaotic and all over the place, suddenly swinging wildly at the very moment of maximum or perfect eclipse.

Thus, if a bunch of us were to hang pendulums and I don't mean dowsing where they are held in the hand and asked yes and no questions, no I'm not referring here in any way to any sort of "new age" "divination" LOL, but hung up on a stand from which it can be launched by hand to swing freely.

They are incredibly easy to make and use in this manner, and as with dowsing, a piece of paper under it with cross lines at 90% angles from the centerpoint can be used to measure your pendulum's motion. A video camera would also be very helpful here to document both the time and the action of your pendulum and so that you (we) can prove it to the world, as a collective experiment.. eh?

Now, all we need is the PRECISE time of the actual alignment, and then see how the pendulums behave at the moment of earth, moon, sun, Alcyone, Sirius, center of Galaxy alignment on the 21st. It would be an internet sensation I can tell you that if we come back and demonstrate a real and measurable phenomenon in direct relation to the 21st 2012 event.

It's worth trying.

So what is the precise time, we have to agree on that absolutely, and then carry out our pendulum experiment at that time.

The form of the experiment would involve launching your pendulum in a straight line back and forth trajectory just before the relevant time of alignment, and then observe how it behaves while recording that preferably.

What do you think?

This should be in the science section, but since we're approaching the end of this forums usefulness, wouldn't it be nice to go out and come in with a bang in the form of a measurable scientific piece of information which would not otherwise be possible, the kind of thing you'd only find right here at ATS of all places.

The MSM would report it and it would go viral in a hurry I think and at the very least it would be fun to try.

Who's in?

edit on 13-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
well heck I'm in. Sounds like a cool experiment.
I'll be in Florida on the 21st, that is USA Eastern time.
Do you have any links, etc on how we can figure out what time in the time zone we are in?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Count me in. I won't be doing much Friday...other than ascending

I'm in central time. I'll see if I can figure out the time issue...
edit on 13-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If you can withstand the narrator's rather monotone accent, these two videos will give you everything you'll need to conduct the experiment (for anyone who might want to try) the first an explanation of a simple pendulum and the second one of many experiments that can be done with a simple pendulum.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
And I'm in California so there's your Pacific Time!
Should be interesting!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I heard that the alignment is suppose to be between the Sun and the dark rift in the center of the universe. It sounds like a good experiment as long as you know what is suppose to be aligned. I expect nothing to happen and have made zero preparations so no one get any ideas and come over to my house if S actually does HTF.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
well heck I'm in. Sounds like a cool experiment.
I'll be in Florida on the 21st, that is USA Eastern time.
Do you have any links, etc on how we can figure out what time in the time zone we are in?

The time yes, I've got an idea for that, to solve it.

It would be the point, not just of the rising sun at any particular timezone, no, it's the point at which the moon is precisely opposite the rising sun - SO, I'll go ask the Science geeks here at ATS to run it in their astonomy software and give us that precise time!

Yes. It's doable!

And yes, I would be very disappointed to discover that the moon is not involved in a perfect alignment with the solstice sun on the 21st we shall see.

I know that on Christmas day there's also a Jovial/Lunar eclipse meaning a moon over Jupiter eclipse, for 15 hours, which is both curious and for me, symbolic, but that's covered in another thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Re: The Time of the Experiment

I've posted the question over in Space Exploration in the OP of the thread

Astronomy Geeks - Your help is needed to solve a problem relating to possible Dec 21st alignment.

and await their reply shortly. I don't think they'll mind the term geeks they'll know that was just tongue in cheek I hope or we could be waiting a long time for an answer..

Given what I already know about the earth moon sun relationship, the moon would HAVE to be involved intimately, there's no way around that, so the time would be determined by the closest axial alignment between the earth moon and sun as the sun rises through the dark rift of the galactic center, that's our moment, when the moon is lined up with the earth and sun.

I know I can't figure that out myself, but it's something I'm sure that we'll be able to nail down soon enough and it's still a week away (hard to believe).

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

...the point at which the moon is precisely opposite the rising sun...
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I am pretty sure that's called the "full moon"....which isn't till the 28th.

I hope that doesn't ruin your experiment. it's a unique perspective, at least. good luck!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
TIME of Experiment

OK - back on track, did some research, and there's only one moment of true solstice, regardless of the positioning of the moon (and the Mayan's prediction was based on the phenomenon of solstice as the turning point of alignment, and it's

December 21st at 11:11 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) aka UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
en.wikipedia.org...

What happens at the solstice?

The North Pole is tilted furthest away from the sun at the solstice. (Illustration not to scale)
The December solstice occurs when the sun reaches its most southerly declination of -23.5 degrees. In other words, it is when the North Pole is tilted 23.5 degrees away from the sun. Depending on the Gregorian calendar, the December solstice occurs annually on a day between December 20 and December 23. On this date, all places above a latitude of 66.5 degrees north (Arctic Polar Circle) are now in darkness, while locations below a latitude of 66.5 degrees south (Antarctic Polar Circle) receive 24 hours of daylight.

The sun is directly overhead on the Tropic of Capricorn in the southern hemisphere during the December solstice. It also marks the longest day of the year in terms of daylight hours for those living south of the equator. Those living or travelling south from the Antarctic Circle towards the South Pole will see the midnight sun during this time of the year.

On the contrary, for an observer in the northern hemisphere, the December solstice marks the day of the year with the least hours of daylight. Those living or traveling north of the Arctic Circle towards the North Pole will not be able to see the sun during this time of the year.

www.timeanddate.com...

So here is the official 2012 Countdown Clock to the moment of Solstice

www.december212012.com...

which uses your computers internal clock to display, so you don't have to worry about calculating for your particular timezone.

The Pendulum, if of a slightly longer length (not sure need to experiment with this a little bit myself and make one for myself) because it conserves energy very well, provided the top loop anchor point is relatively frictionless, once set in motion will largley remain in uniform motion without much loss of amplitude, so after practicing with it, you could release it at 11:05 say, or even 11:00 and then observe it's behavior right through to 11:15 or 11:20, noting anything unusual at the 11:11 mark of perfect eclipse.

Again here is our timing clock

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The pendulum's attachment will have to be such that while we may be releasing it along a single straight line axis, is free to move in any direction, so that point of attachment will be important ie: if hung from a ring of some kind which is only directed along one axis, while in any way prohibiting lateral movement won't be able to capture the kind of behavior we're looking for. The key here is the location of the knot at the point from which it's hung so that the line of string is free to swing in ANY direction at all.

For our purposes, if conducting the experiment together, it would also be helpful to launch the pendulum in the same direction ie: due North, if this can be determined or at least approximated.

It IS true that they behave strangely during a solar eclipse, so if there's anything to this alignment with the galactic core stuff then something might very well occur, because pendulums are a funny thing, which don't simply operate in relation to the grativational attraction of the core of the earth, well normally they do, but when there's an alignment of moon and sun, it becomes apparent that something else is happening in relation to the axis of the earth to the moon, sun and fixed stars, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we DID pick up something unusual.

This'll be fun!

Who else is IN?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Clock

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I'll do it. I don't know how it is going to work here though, the compass spins around in circles a lot in back of the house. Do you want me to set up something over that weird area of the yard? Or just in the house where things are more normal. Well, as normal as they can be with me and the cats here
The pendulum will make a great cat toy

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Just to show that there IS an alignment, a friend from over at Space Exploration who ran it through her Astonomy software, came back and posted this, check it out!

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Anyway, here is a picture or 2 that I found interesting to share with you...

From the Sun...see what I see here?

The alignment you were asking for I think...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

What do you think is "aligned" in those images?

edit on 12/13/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Earth, sun and galactic plane at the moment of solstice. Is that wrong?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

awesome! that is the very first time I have seen actual data to back up any of the "nutty" 2012 stuff. (I use that in the kindest way, as I am a longtime 2012 nutjob).

there's always lots of pretty pictures and flowery language, but never data!

keep this up and you just might prove 'em all wrong!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Already it appears we have the makings of the ultimate cagematch showdown of Phage vs. The Ancient Mayans.. (just kidding Phage I couldn't help it).

I guess we'll see what if anything comes of this.

Thanks for the feedback. Might you have an interest in Pendulums by chance?

edit on 14-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Well the "moment" really isn't that critical but that "alignment" is really nothing special. It's been happening for a long time and will continue to do so.
Solstice in 2008 vs. 2012:

edit on 12/14/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's from earth only, the other was from both sun and earth both pointing to the same intersection, and I still don't know what to make of much of the information presented in the video in the OP which would have the Mayan Calendar performing rather extraordinary feats of celestial calculations, not just in relation to our own solar system, or the Equinoxes but other star systems to which our own is intimately related in orbital relationships, all the way to the star Sirius which itself perfectly orbits the galaxy in accordance with galactic rotation as our sun's central sun.

edit on 14-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join