It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw 4 fireballs/meteors/etc in 15 minutes from Hessdalen web cam

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

I have been watching this cam all evening in between going outside and watching the meteor showers...that disc shaped cloud? has been appearing and disappearing, getting closer and moving farther away for the last four hours

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by minniesoda

I have been watching this cam all evening in between going outside and watching the meteor showers...that disc shaped cloud? has been appearing and disappearing, getting closer and moving farther away for the last four hours

Now it disappeared? Weird! If im not mistaken I have seen a thread(the thread where I found this streamlink) and I think they talked about that disk shaped cloud there too.

Theres a link to that thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Wow the Sun is already coming up over there... Now isn't that just cool. I like live feed.

Just awesome....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yesterdaysreality

Hi Yesterday, they certainly are a sight (when you can see them through the clouds
).

Without knowing your airspace, I can only suggest either you noticed more aircraft because you were constantly looking up for meteors, or, because you spent so much time looking up, you noticed several satellites passing overhead, I have sometimes mistaken them for planes, just no flashy lights, a single solid light (sun reflection) traveling across the sky.
edit on 14/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
give this a look

www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Hi Ben! These happen every year at this time...I always watch them.....nothing out of the ordinary though.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by robwebbjr

Yeah, well what occurs to me is that the annual meteor showers over the course of my lifetime have consisted of pretty displays of "shooting stars" up in the sky - not blazing fireballs detonating or possibly streaking to the surface before exploding....
Am I just being paranoid here, or does the number of soothing "Don't worry, everything is normal." voices seem a little strange considering the evidence?

What?
Were they not shooting stars?
I really hope people went outside last night and looked up if they have the ability, instead of just posting here and watching on a webcam.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by yesterdaysreality

Hi Yesterday, they certainly are a sight (when you can see them through the clouds
).

Without knowing your airspace, I can only suggest either you noticed more aircraft because you were constantly looking up for meteors, or, because you spent so much time looking up, you noticed several satellites passing overhead, I have sometimes mistaken them for planes, just no flashy lights, a single solid light (sun reflection) traveling across the sky.
edit on 14/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Hello Woogleuk, I am sorry to hear you weren't able to see the meteor shower. It was my first, and it was indeed a sight! I am sure with all the light pollution in my area that I didn't see as many meteors as someone in a rural area, but even so, I was thrilled

Regarding the aircraft, I am a sky and star gazer and that was the first time I had seen that many planes at once in the two years I have lived here. It was odd. I am wondering if it had anything to do with the meteor shower.

Best,
yesterdaysreality
edit on 15-12-2012 by yesterdaysreality because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join