It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Mysterious "ball of light" puzzles Värmland
"The whole house shook"
What is it that has struck in Värmland?
SOS, police and air rescue center has received calls from concerned Värmlandsbor after a ball of light is said to have exploded last night.
- It lit up the sky and flew over us, then we heard an explosion, says Jessica Berg Stöllet.
Jessica Berg Stöllet was out walking with a friend when they were surprised by the strong lights.
Calls have come from Stöllet, Ekshärad, Karlstad and Forshaga.
All have seen a mysterious ball of light which then struck down - followed by an explosion.
- They say they have seen a sharp blue glow, then a sharp orange ball struck, says Leif Svensson, duty officer at the Värmland police.
- It sounded nothing in the sky when it flew over us. Then it hit bottom near Klarälven somewhere. Then we were struck by the sound, like an echo after the explosion, she says to Aftonbladet and continues:
- It was mysterious. Nasty mysterious.
Several readers have contacted Afronbladet about the event.
- I heard a bang and the whole house shook, said a witness in Vansbro.
Saw the overthrow
24-year-old Sandra was sitting in his apartment in Karlstad and suddenly felt that she would look out the window - where she saw a plunge from the sky.
- At first I thought it was fireworks, but small and just never went on, I thought maybe it was a comet, for it looked a bit like a ball. It was a red and yellow light around and after, she says, adding that she had seen shooting stars before, and this is not at all like that.
- This was really different and much larger. It looked as if something falls from space in a film Armageddon or something. I do not know what to describe it as, I have never seen such a thing before, says Sandra.