Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Gay Marriage is Wrong and I am not a Homophobe

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Removed the quote and my comment so people can not see what he posted.
edit on 14-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hating gays and decrying their lifestyle causes more problems than it fixes.

"He lifted up himself, and said unto them, 'He that is without sin among you, let him first cast the first stone'.'
(John 8:7)

Those who propagate negative imagery; those who are problem-focused and not solution-oriented are like leeches for the blood-letting.

We are all trapped in the flesh in one way or another. Instead of bickering amongst ourselves let us help each other overcome it.

"Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.' (Luke 6:42)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

And unfortunately it is religious belief that is pushing us over the edge because people like you can't accept things for what they are. You have to rely on a mythical entity to tell you what is right and wrong.

This is just plain naive, as gay activists have gone so far as to infiltrate Catholic organizations as spies to create the changes they want.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

We are all trapped in the flesh in one way or another.

Interestingly, I just read a blog relating a story about a college kid who went to a bookstore inquiring about the "albigensian heresy", which involves exactly what you just said, suggesting that everything is sinful, even having children, so therefore we might as well do as we please, or at least that is the attitude in the 60's when this type of Albigensian was taken up again as an excuse for free love and whatnot.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by omegafire

Removed my comment towards the hate filled troll, due to I do not want to feed it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by omegafire

What has this world come to? It truly is the end of days when people are arguing about gay marriage.

Indeed... why do you care so much and why can't you just stop sticking your nose into everyone else's business under the delusion that you have some sort of divine right to control aspects of other peoples life? Why don't you just shut up and stop arguing about it and let them go about their business? Oh the end is near folks...

And yet you feel you have the right to impose your opinions on everyone here. What makes your opinion better than anyone else's here? Typical liberalism..... my way or the highway and fake tolerance and all that.

I refer you to my previous post on Fr Barron, as he does remark on how everyone wants to impose their will on others.

My only "will" is to give others the freedom to act out their own will without being controlled by the will of others. So yes I'm imposing my will... a will for freedom. Typical control freak...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by omegafire

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by omegafire

And unfortunately it is religious belief that is pushing us over the edge because people like you can't accept things for what they are. You have to rely on a mythical entity to tell you what is right and wrong.

Religious, who said I was religious? ... (remaining content removed to comply with T&Cs)

You've clearly never witnessed an 18-30s holiday have you? Heterosexuals can be unbelievably filthy and immoral. I don't have time to look into it but I bet, if you look at the demographic for the spread of STD's it will be in the most part be in the heterosexual teenager bracket. What people do behind closed doors is none of anyone elses business providing it is within the law.

Pedophiles take advantage of vulnerable indefensible children, rapists take advantage of the opposite sex, in both cases unwillingly on the victims part and nearly always under violent circumstances. You cannot compare two consenting gay people having sexual intercourse. If you are not religious, then you are most certainly a sad prude who thinks that only what you agree with should be practised around the world. Unfortunately, this isn't how the world works. You need to learn to either accept it or keep your damn nose out of other peoples affairs.

And for the record, the gay people that I have ever known are not generally angry...you however, seem very angry.
edit on 14-12-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-12-2012 by fiftyfifty because: removed quote from omegafire as it was offensive and removed by the mods in the orignal reply.
edit on 14-12-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

In my experience people who openly hate gay people are only fighting an inner battle between what they really feel and what has been battered in them at an early age.
Omegafire come out and let who you really are be free.
My uncle came out 32 years ago when gay bashing happened and although I was only 6 I was really proud that he stood up and told people who he was.
He was a hero to me

Oh and well said dude.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Aesir26

Interestingly, I just read a blog relating a story about a college kid who went to a bookstore inquiring about the "albigensian heresy", which involves exactly what you just said, suggesting that everything is sinful, even having children, so therefore we might as well do as we please, or at least that is the attitude in the 60's when this type of Albigensian was taken up again as an excuse for free love and whatnot.

Actually, it's quite the opposite: sects like the Essenes, the Marcionites and Cathars (Albigensians) believed in celibacy and chastity.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It sort of seems that it would only be fair that if gay couples attend these churches and have been putting their hard-earned money into that collection plate every Sunday, they should have every benefit that the church offers to everyone else that attends.

You're good enough to give us your money but otherwise you have to stand in the corner with the lepers. Doesn't seem quite right to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Control freak? Sorry no, that is again just your opinion. lol but ok if you want to pretend you are truly open minded go ahead.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

In my experience people who openly hate gay people are only fighting an inner battle between what they really feel and what has been battered in them at an early age.
Omegafire come out and let who you really are be free.
My uncle came out 32 years ago when gay bashing happened and although I was only 6 I was really proud that he stood up and told people who he was.
He was a hero to me

Oh and well said dude.

Ha Ha, that was funny

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Control freak? Sorry no, that is again just your opinion. lol but ok if you want to pretend you are truly open minded go ahead.

And if you want to pretend you're some how on the more righteous and moral side of this debate then go right ahead. Seems like everything you say is absolute and not personal opinion, but fact... so I must be wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesir26

reply to post by Aesir26

Actually, it's quite the opposite: sects like the Essenes, the Marcionites and Cathars (Albigensians) believed in celibacy and chastity.

I probably didn't word my post properly. The blogger stated that in Albigensian the idea was that all of matter was sinful, and the attitude of the 60's was a kind of perversion of that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange
You really need to stop posting this article . . .
This article is from an extremely biased website
It's funny how it outlines its own ridiculousness before the article even begins:

Ann Landers (1) says the statement “Homosexuals are more inclined to molest children sexually than heterosexuals” is false.

simply unintelligent.

Biased in only that it doesn't reflect you opinion ?
If the report was biased it would not have included
contradictory opinions eg. ann landers / secondary opinions.,
The article is intelligently written,
but since you lack a PhD, BA and do not qualify as
a sex researcher you
lack the insight to add any scientific value;
If you can not at least add to the stats to debate,
then your opinion is mute.
Personal emotional opinions are irreverent,
Show us stats if you can handle truth.
STATS
1990 achieved lowering of the age of consent for homosexual sex in Holland to 12 is this what you want globally ?

edit on 14/12/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
There is much debate in the UK just now about a proposal to allow “Gay marriage”, the thought behind it being that to forbid a homosexual couple from marriage is to discriminate when a heterosexual couple can enter marriage. I for one am against this change, I am not particularly religious nor do I have any problem with homosexual couples, some of my best friends are homosexual. I see this move as taking the rights of one group on society and giving them precedence over another, it is a liberal paradox where by the rights of homosexuals are above that of religious groups.

Currently in the UK it is legal for homosexuals to enter into a civil partnership, this is not a religious ceremony it is a legal one I entirely agree with this. However the institution of marriage in the UK is a religious one that is based on religious dogma, and not the word of government. For government to impose their ideology of total liberalism upon religion, to force religion to change its values and tradition is tantamount to forced religious discrimination it is a huge contradiction in their ideology. We see the same when it comes to another liberal buzz word “sexism” it is “sexual discrimination” to forbid women bishops and as such the church mush change its way in the face of its tradition. Much like Sexism the government is now imposing yet another change upon the church in the name of “discrimination” with their views on homosexuality.

This goes further than just an issue of marriage there is a wider social component to this. This institution of Marriage is in tatters, divorce is up and the number of individuals entering into marriage is down. We also allow homosexual couples the same rights as heterosexual couples when it comes to adoption and even IVF and other means of having children. Where will this stop, what’s next will it be preventing discrimination against those who wish to marry close relatives or will it be slowly lowering the age of sexual consent, it makes me worry for my children and my grandchildren.

What a contrast in time this is I now live compared to my parents’ generation. Homosexuals will soon be able to get married, have a couple of kids, then go and get divorced and their kids can spend a couple of months in a young offenders institution then go on the Jeremy Kyle show and moan about how the cause of their drug addiction is because of “dad and dad’s” divorce.

It is part of a wider problem in the UK, a conspiracy to further erode social values that I believe is directly the responsibly of the increasing secularisation of our society and this liberal bigotry towards religious institutions. I am not homophobic I just want the government to stop telling people how to practice their religion.

*EDIT* Just to highlight a point, currently homosexuals can enter into a civil partnership that provides them with the same rights as heterosexual married couples. This is not about heterosexuals having more rights that homosexuals it’s about the state trying to force religious institutions to change.

edit on 13-12-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

Well Said, Exactly how I feel about it too.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

And if you want to pretend you're some how on the more righteous and moral side of this debate then go right ahead. Seems like everything you say is absolute and not personal opinion, but fact... so I must be wrong.

I just stated that you appeared to believe you have more of a right to impose your opinion than others here. I did not state I was more righteous and moral. You just made that up. I do think I am right however. I also stated that a particular Catholic priest suggested that all people want to impose their will on others, and that included the religious ideals of both Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln. Sorry you couldn't be bothered with checking to see what I meant.
edit on 14-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Reply to the OP:

Title:

"Interracial marriage is wrong and I am not a racist". /sarcasm

No need to say anymore to this.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join