It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage is Wrong and I am not a Homophobe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I agree IF religion was kept out of state matters but here in the UK we have religious leaders in the house of lords so until we have complete separation of church and state I think state should be able to dictate what religious rules come about, because the religious have been trying to control our government for a very long time.

The problem is we are trying to maintain a traditional religious system in a modern society. It's like trying to build a skyscraper on the foundations of a Stone Age house. All the more reason for a republic, something that I have never thought about until recently.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Traditionally, a marriage must be consummated in "becoming one flesh".

This means producing offspring: the wholesome chromosomal inheritance of half the genetic attributes of each parent.

For sodomites and saphos, "becoming one flesh" means worshipping the flesh of the other through pleasure-seeking practices. Strictly speaking, this is hedonism at its finest and is by definition the antithesis of spirituality.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesir26

This means producing offspring: the wholesome chromosomal inheritance of half the genetic attributes of each parent.

For sodomites and saphos, "becoming one flesh" means worshipping the flesh of the other through pleasure-seeking practices. Strictly speaking, this is hedonism at its finest and is by definition the antithesis of spirituality.

Out of interest, don't you think that that would also apply to married couples using contraception? They still have a sexual relationship purely for 'pleasure-seeking' reasons.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I know someone who done the same thing in my area. They were married with kids and then decided they would end their marriage and become a Homosexual.. I know this is a bit off topic, but doesn't that just debunk the born gay debate in a way? I don't know if you agree with that, but what made you change your mind? I'm not being a smartarse either..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You sir, are a homophobe and a fool.

Why? Because he has a right to an opinion even though he has clearly stated he has nothing against homosexuals?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Aesir26

Out of interest, don't you think that that would also apply to married couples using contraception? They still have a sexual relationship purely for 'pleasure-seeking' reasons.

Yes, I agree: sensual obsession, be it between two of the same gender or between those of the opposite sex, is in both cases anti-spiritual in focus. For this reason, a number of religious organisations are against the use of birth control.

TBTB understand this and thus promote ego-centric, earth-bound and sense-driven behaviors as a means to keep spirits locked away in the mortal realm.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Aesir26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

It's not about marriage, marriage is the bait.
It's about legal conditions as prelude for adoption of children.
Read this in full and get the facts/stats, before
you make up your mind :
research institute

Quote "the risk of a homosexual molesting a child is 10 to 20 times greater than that of a heterosexual."

edit on 14/12/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Just to point out the OP is talking about what happens in the UK.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Actually a marriage is a legal contract, not just a religous ceremony. If this were not so, then divorce settlements would not be court awarded. So really, all marriages are civil unions. It's just that marriages are given a veneer of religion.
imoho, marriage should be open to any couple who wants it. This world needs more love than it needs more restriction.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Gay Marriage is Wrong and I am not a Homophobe

The government never should have denied equal marriage rights to begin with. They have no business telling consenting adults who they can or can't marry. Of course, churches have a right to perform or not perform the ceremonies as their faith dictates. But being 'married' in the eyes of the law is a right that every consenting adult should have. The government should stay out of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

It's not about marriage, marriage is the bate.
It's about legal conditions as prelude for adoption of children.
Read this in full and get the facts/stats, before
you make up your mind :
research institute

You really need to stop posting this article to multiple threads. This article is from an extremely biased website and holds no grounds in any intellectual community or discussion.

It's funny how it outlines its own ridiculousness before the article even begins:

Ann Landers (1) says the statement “Homosexuals are more inclined to molest children sexually than heterosexuals” is false. The American Psychological Association has sponsored a work that asserts: “Recognized researchers in the field on child abuse,… almost unanimously concur that homosexual people are actually less likely to approach children sexually.”

The argument thereafter is that the majority of molestation cases involving male children are committed by men, which accounts for 20-40% of all child molestation cases. This by no means assumes that the men are homosexual men. Actually almost all of them claim heterosexuality. These molestation cases have absolutely nothing to do with homosexual men having children in a family unit, and implying that in any way is simply unintelligent.

Even more unintelligent -- the last thread that you posted this in was a thread about transgender people and same-sex washrooms.
edit on 14-12-2012 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

The word pedophile and homosexual do not mean the same thing... That article is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

'heretical'.... Not ! For it's not my accepted faith.

Then there is no problem for you and you don't need to be married in the Catholic Church. Other than that I don't care what you do. BUt activists are trying to force the Church to accept them on their terms.

“You’re talking about a by-any-means-necessary movement,” Duncan said. “Anything to push this forward is worth doing if you believe same-sex ‘marriage’ is the next important accomplishment of the cultural revolution.”
Duncan said that orchestrating confusion is a more common tactic among same-sex “marriage” activists.
“Marriage and religion are tied together,” said Duncan, a Mormon. “Nearly all major religions have similar teachings on marriage. It is an institution of a man and a woman. So, if these activists can make it look like the position of religions is changing in regard to marriage, perhaps the courts and legislatures will seize on this and say that religious groups are all over the map on the issue. If they can do that, they can undo thousands of years of moral tradition.”

Read more: www.ncregister.com...

Catholic teaching does not allow for same-sex civil unions or same-sex “marriage.”

The Catechism states: “The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament” (1601).

Read more: www.ncregister.com...

So what I say is... fine...do what thou wilt in the secular world but don't try to make the Catholic Church into what you want it to be.

Trying to force an opinion that the Church must accept secular ideals based on carnal desires is just that.. a heretical activity.
wordonfire.org...

Ever hear of Thomas More?
edit on 14-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Why should the rights of homosexuals be above the rights of religious people and institutions?

So it's the right of religious people to dictate what homosexual people can and cannot do? Uh huh...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by LightOrange

The word pedophile and homosexual do not mean the same thing... That article is ridiculous.

You're right. I'm offended even at the suggestion of it and I'm heterosexual. Gay men and women are no different to anyone else in any way other than the gender of the partners they choose to be with. Pedophilia along with rape and murder, is THE most disgusting act a human can commit and should not be bandied around in this subject as if it is even remotely related.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by omegafire

What has this world come to? It truly is the end of days when people are arguing about gay marriage.

Indeed... why do you care so much and why can't you just stop sticking your nose into everyone else's business under the delusion that you have some sort of divine right to control aspects of other peoples life? Why don't you just shut up and stop arguing about it and let them go about their business? Oh the end is near folks...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Why should the rights of homosexuals be above the rights of religious people and institutions?

So it's the right of religious people to dictate what homosexual people can and cannot do? Uh huh...

Exactly.

Homosexual people shouldn't be allowed to dictate what religious people can and cannot do.... yet religious people are allowed to dictate what homosexual people can and cannot do?

Funny, even more, the issue isn't even about homosexual people "bullying" religious institutions, it's about religious institutions "bullying" other religious institutions who wish to acknowledge homosexual marriage as valid.

Ridiculous.
edit on 14-12-2012 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by omegafire
My gosh, enough! I am so sick of all this filth everywhere. What has this world come to? It truly is the end of days when people are arguing about gay marriage. Their should t even be a debate about this. The dark hand of Santans army is overcoming this world. Gay People should be trying whatever they can to fix the disease instead being so loud and proud and going after "gay rights", so shameful. One day a cure will be found. I say again, enough of these foolish persuits! Their shouldn't even be talk about this, you should all be ashamed of following such sinful endeavors. You say "rights" are you kidding me?! Do rapist's deserve rights, pedophiles deserve rights? Wake up people!
edit on 14-12-2012 by omegafire because: (no reason given)

And unfortunately it is religious belief that is pushing us over the edge because people like you can't accept things for what they are. You have to rely on a mythical entity to tell you what is right and wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by omegafire

What has this world come to? It truly is the end of days when people are arguing about gay marriage.

Indeed... why do you care so much and why can't you just stop sticking your nose into everyone else's business under the delusion that you have some sort of divine right to control aspects of other peoples life? Why don't you just shut up and stop arguing about it and let them go about their business? Oh the end is near folks...

And yet you feel you have the right to impose your opinions on everyone here. What makes your opinion better than anyone else's here? Typical liberalism..... my way or the highway and fake tolerance and all that.

I refer you to my previous post on Fr Barron, as he does remark on how everyone wants to impose their will on others.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join